2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

Today I went to yoga this morning and then about an hour after I got home we went out to ikea and a couple other stores to get the last of the furniture for baby's room! We now have a rocking chair, curtains and cube storage shelf for toys and such. His room is looking so much more put together! Now to get DH to get his tools out of there I can take pictures!

Shower is next weekend and I'm looking forward to it. I can't wait to see what we get so I can sort it and see what we still need.

We should probably install the car seat soon too...

My shower is tomorrow afternoon, and as of now, we're in a bad storm and all of the area roads are closed. I really hope things clear up tomorrow because it feels like I've been waiting for this for months!

Well, I am an auntie again!!! My SIL just had her little guy today, 3ish weeks early :)

I don't know any details other than that yet.

Congratulations, Auntie Teilana :)

Bucherwurm, I hope the shower goes on ok. The weather has been a nightmare in lots of places this winter.

So found out more info.

Alexander Cornelius. 7lbs even.

And since they used Cornelius for his middle name, we are back to the drawing board for a name as we were going to do Cornelius Arthur... But I think we may have a new one picked, we just need to come around to it I think. Tiberius Arthur, Toby as a nickname...

You're kidding me! Is Cornelius a family name, or is that the world's biggest coincidence? I like Tiberius :)

Ah, ok. I didn't realize, it seemed like a really unlikely name to pop up twice if it wasn't, though. It's only little Alexander's middle name, you think the family would look at you funny if you used it as a first? I'd hate to be left scrambling so close to the end! But Tiberius really is a good one, too.

I know exactly what you ladies are talking about with the spontaneous gas: no time to decide how to handle the situation! LO hasn't kicked any out of me yet, but I'm pretty sure he's made me burp a couple times. Glamorous!

Cornelius and Tiberius are so noble, like a little prince. I wonder the same as MrsK: maybe since it's only your nephew's middle name AND it's a family name it wouldn't be too weird to keep it. Maybe it's something sweet to share since they'll be so close?

We thought about just using it anyways, but I think I would want to talk to dh's mom about it. What gets me is that DH had let the name slip to her so she knew we were planning on using it so why didn't she say something to either them or us? I think she knew what sil was going with for his name, but I'm not 100% sure.

We thought about just using it anyways, but I think I would want to talk to dh's mom about it. What gets me is that DH had let the name slip to her so she knew we were planning on using it so why didn't she say something to either them or us? I think she knew what sil was going with for his name, but I'm not 100% sure.

I'd keep the name, It's unique in it's own way and you are honoring someone in the family by using it as a first name. When you think about it, most people never know a person's middle name unless you ask. I wouldn't fret about it too much and just go with it. I mean, I know how hard it was for you to come up with a name you liked and now to change it last minute... Don't be forced to bend over sideways just because someone else in the family used something similar. =) You don't want to know how many Luciano's there are in my family..it's my grand-dad's name but he was a great man so no one minded when you have two cousins with the same first name. Also, they were never called their full name just by nicknames..ie..Luce, Chano. GL and keep us updated on what you decide. Whatever it may be..you got your sisterhood of marchmallow ladies behind you. :hugs:

I agree with momma! I come from a family where 3 of my cousins have the same first name, my dad, brother and my eldest son have the same first name etc etc
And everyone has some kind of prefix to work out who they are eg grandpa john vs uncle john vs john in canada. The cousins all have their own discriminating factors too.

Personally if it's a middle name vs a first name, I'd just go with it. They obviously love the name too, and there should be no reason to take offence etc. and even if there is- I think we are all pretty normal and none of us seem to think it's weird! So we've got your back!

That said.....I do love your back up name too haha!

Bucherworm how are the roads looking for your shower? I'm crossing everything for you!

Our roads are pretty dire here but I think the highways are clear - well I hope anyway, as we are moving into the city this afternoon!! I cannot believe that the next time I come home will be with a baby...!

And now I realise how disorganized I am...!

For what it's worth, I don't even know my cousins' middle names...

We're off to meet the doula today. And even more exciting, I woke up to find DH getting ready to paint the nursery! Looks like it'll be done today!

There are many of my relatives with the same name Charles, James, Rose are the most popular and mostly everyone goes by a nickname and a middle name and first name being shared shouldn't be so difficult.

I'm over this Boston weather another blizzard today we've been trapped in the house for four weeks now only making it out to keep up with doctor appointments. I've had enough it may be time to relocate again once baby is born.

MrsK: Yay! He's ready to score some major hubby points!

DrMum: I hope you can get some rest once you've moved into your temporary accommodations. We'll be thinking of you!

The room's all ready for paint! We're just having a quick lunch, then it's paint time. It's not a lot of actual painting, so it should go quickly. I can't wait!

We met the doula and the backup doula, and liked them both. Phew! I was a little worried since we didn't really have any choice with the organization we went with, but they were both good and seemed in tune with what we want. We got home and discovered that the bad dogs stole a rattle that one of my friends sent for the baby, and that really annoyed me (I'm sure hormones are a factor, do not like having my baby's things ruined!), but I found the same one on Amazon and ordered it. It comes with a very cozy blanket, so I figure it can't hurt to have another cozy blanket.

Tonight we're having our delayed Valetine's dinner. DH works Saturdays, and we didn't want the hassle of the big crowds anyway, so it made more sense to go tonight. This is probably going to be our last real date for awhile, I'm looking forward to it!

We're exactly one week from the earliest I'm allowing this baby to show up. I hope he'll stay in a bit longer than that, but I'll consider early parole next Sunday ;)

Bucherwurm, I hope the shower went off ok. DrMum, take it easy while moving! LadyBrown, I have a good friend in Boston, and it sounds like it's absolutely nuts there. I can't believe the winter you're having!

LadyBrown - I feel you! Also stuck with the Boston weather. My mum was supposed to fly in today to stay till baby comes but her flight got cancelled so she'll be coming in tomorrow instead. The good thing is that I've stopped working - put myself on maternity leave and didn't want to deal with the hassle of navigating all that in this nasty weather. I believe there is only one more winter storm before winter normalizes so should be over soon.

I can't believe how bad you guys are getting it down in the states. Our poor maritimes are getting it really bad, too.
Good luck with the temporary move, DrMum. You deserve the best!
It will feel good once that room is done MrsK. Finally!
The roads were pretty good around here for the shower today. It is extremely cold, in the -30's C with the wind, but other than that it was good. Good food, and a couple of cute games. I'm happy with my things but will definitely need to finish up shopping soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->