2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

The group appointments are all with women around the same gestation, so we are all basketball bellies lol

Each meeting usually has familiar faces and new people and everyone is really friendly and lively, its a lot of fun and someone always asks a question that you meant to ask but forgot or a subject you hadnt even thought of. Plus its a good way to meet all the midwives since they rotate on who teaches the group, and for when we go into labor, its random with which midwife we get since they all take turns being on call

As for the placenta pills, I think i may just skip them too... I agree with what you said about them, esp being in a modern society with access to high quality nutrition and no predators to worry about!

It seems the 'extras' for new mommies can add up fast between placenta pills, doulas, and photographers not to mention how much I know Ive already spent on baby gear

I haven't tried prunes or prune juice but I'm on a pretty strict diet for gestational diabetes and I am sure they'd send my numbers skyrocketing. =(
As for placenta encapsulation; I am definitely trying it out. Anything that may help with postpartum depression is good in my book. I was told to give the gal a call after the baby is born and she would pick up my placenta: tell hospital staff to pack it up with ice. She then will have her husband dehydrate/encapsulate it. He's a pharmacist so I completely trust them. Yes, I am a hippie/granola person but why let it go to waste.
As for heartburn, I tried everything but finally gave in and the nexium is a godsend. The constipation has been absolutely horrid. OB say's it's all due to baby cutting off my poop line. lol so not much I can do other than yoga positions and possible an enema on the weekend. :blush: I don't look forward to it at all but I do want some relief. I'm glad my DH is so supportive. I may need lots of hand holding. =(
Other than that, all is well. baby scared us today by refusing to move at all for several hours. I decided to have a sugary snack and bam..not even 10 minutes later baby was kicking gleefully while DH talked. It's either one thing or another and the baby is not even here yet. I wonder if I'll go bald or turn completely white haired before the birth. :dohh:

I'll be right there with you! I've noticed the gray hair is a little more noticeable these days ;) Just wait til they're mobile...

You'll have to update us on the placenta encapsulation. It really does intrigue me, it just creeps me out at the same time.

The French tend to be pretty crunchy, but I can imagine the midwives' faces if I mentioned placenta encapsulation! 'Who is this crazy American lady??'

I had my 9th month appointment today. It's strange to think I won't see anyone until I deliver or go more than a week over my due date. The OB said my cervix was still long, but could get one finger's width all the way to the baby's head, which hasn't engaged yet. At least I can say I have a max of 4 weeks wait!

I'm going to a friend's for an international potluck tonight. I hope I can just enjoy myself instead of inspecting all the dishes to see if they were washed/cooked properly. I hope everyone likes sweet potato casserole!

Placenta capsules are not for me, lol, I am very squeamish! But it doesn't bother me if other people do it.

Wow, Frenchie, I'm surprised they won't see you until the baby is born?! Ours are pretty strict about seeing moms every week after 36 weeks until the baby is born. I have my appointment this morning :)

I hope the potluck is good! I know what you mean about inspecting everything though.

I don't have any issues with placenta encapsulation, but I have a problem taking pills. I have to either chew them or crack them open depending on the type. I don't think I could bring myself to crack open a placenta pill and take it, and I wouldn't be able to swallow it.

I don't really have any issues with placental encapsulation per se, it's more the standards of those preparing said capsules. The woman who does it locally here uses a wooden chopping board, bleach to clean it and a food dehydrator. Hardly surgical standards for prevention of transmission of blood borne virus or prion disease. How would you know if the mom ahead of you carried CJD for example? No thanks.

Ha, Frenchie you now sound totally laissez faire about inspecting a pot luck while I rant about blood borne virus and chopping boards :haha:

Also, I agree with the mrsk, my risk of being stalked by a predator whilst post partum is relatively low.

Phew. Now I've got that off my ever expanding chest, all well at this end. Daily appointments becoming quite tiring but we are still on course for Wednesday c-section. Yesterday my pre op clinic was quite bizarre and I felt the nurse should really have read my history rather than breeze in announcing "so this will be your second baby then?" Erm well not exactly lady. Anyways small change in the grander scheme of life.

I really feel like someone is going to have their baby this weekend! Anyone suspicious?

I don't really have any issues with placental encapsulation per se, it's more the standards of those preparing said capsules. The woman who does it locally here uses a wooden chopping board, bleach to clean it and a food dehydrator. Hardly surgical standards for prevention of transmission of blood borne virus or prion disease. How would you know if the mom ahead of you carried CJD for example? No thanks.

Ha, Frenchie you now sound totally laissez faire about inspecting a pot luck while I rant about blood borne virus and chopping boards :haha:

Also, I agree with the mrsk, my risk of being stalked by a predator whilst post partum is relatively low.

Phew. Now I've got that off my ever expanding chest, all well at this end. Daily appointments becoming quite tiring but we are still on course for Wednesday c-section. Yesterday my pre op clinic was quite bizarre and I felt the nurse should really have read my history rather than breeze in announcing "so this will be your second baby then?" Erm well not exactly lady. Anyways small change in the grander scheme of life.

I really feel like someone is going to have their baby this weekend! Anyone suspicious?

Oh my, if I wasn't already squeamish, that definitely turned me off the idea!!!!! I just see remnants of other placentas being mixed in :nope:

I just had my 38 week appointment. I told the nurse I lost my mucus plug last weekend and she checked me. 2 cm dilated, so she thinks I will go within the week most likely. I'm not getting my hopes up though..... we will see. I hope someone goes this weekend! Not me though, I have a massage on Monday and haircut on Tuesday. After that, he can come whenever he wants :)

Nelly I love how you are scheduling around your massage and haircut!!! That baby definitely needs to hold off as those will be nice treats!!!

Haha! I just know I won't get to do anything for myself for a long time after he's born if he's anything like DD :)

Frenchie, enjoy the potluck! It's always fun to see what other countries think of American food.

Bucherwurm, I can't even imagine opening the placenta capsules. Blech!

DrMum, you're so close! I know you're trying not to get too excited, but I'm excited for you!

No signs of impending labor here. I won't be surprised if I go over 40 weeks, but we'll see. Baby and I had another chat after the tutoring sendoff party was postponed, and I made sure he knew that if he didn't stay inside at least til Thursday (39 weeks), he'd miss out on cake. If you really want to make it to that massage, maybe you should sweeten the deal a little ;)

Mommy Con is tomorrow! Finally! I'm hoping I can get my last bits of shopping done while I'm there - I need a couple diaper covers, some cloth diaper safe cream for the diaper bags (I can use the big jar of coconut oil at home, but I don't want to haul that around town), and probably I'll impulse buy a million cute things.

Oh We're all getting so close now! I think we've actually got everything we need now. I'm actually feeling pretty good now. I cleaned half the house today and plan on doing the other half tomorrow. Then I'm going out with some work colleagues on Sunday. That's as much as I've got planned. So baby if you want to arrive on Monday that's fine with mummy! I also think I'll go over due though so we will see

We have now had all of our expected deliveries. Pack and play arrived today and fits perfectly beside the couch. Diaper bag came today. I got the breast pump, bottles, drying rack and baby carrier yesterday. I had to try out the pump today. Didn't really know what to expect. Seems to have good suction and it didn't hurt my hands to use at all, since I just ordered a cheap manual one. I actually got some colostrum out.
We are planning one last shopping trip for Sunday. Getting the last minute things. I had a lunch yesterday with the girls at my work and I got a few gifts from them. It's odd to think we have pretty much everything and all we have to do is wait for baby to arrive.

Hopefully not me :p baby has to stay put til Sunday lol I did wander though yesterday I was getting a kind of pinching/shooting pain down below but wasn't painful, it went on a while along with bh and the only answer I could find was possible dilation, iv also had loose stools last 2days :p

I'll be waiting another month or two weeks at the least here. I don't think this is my weekend at all! Hoping to see some gorgeous new squishy babies soon though. Come on ladies!!

My midwives are sending me for an ultrasound Monday morning as they are concerned about growth. He is growing but my belly is consistently measuring behind for the last few appointments and yesterday it was measuring about 2.5 weeks behind and the normal standard of variation is 2 weeks. She said that he could just be a tiny baby and my fluid levels could be on the low side of normal, both of which would contribute to measuring small. If something is actually wrong I could be induced next week.

Good luck Monday. I hope it's nothing, but glad they're keeping a close eye on things just in case.

Ooooh, the last haircut before the big day! I got mine in last week.

The potluck was fun, but the French invite you at 8, don't eat until 9, and dessert appears somewhere around midnight. I couldn't make it that far, so the hostess found some cake for me anyway.

Here's a pic from yesterday, 37 weeks.

Attachments

• IMG_20150220_194749642_copy.jpg
    IMG_20150220_194749642_copy.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 11
I'm hoping baby waits until 40 weeks. Had a scan yesterday and he's mesuring 6 lbs estimated 7 lbs 8 oz at birth. Three weeks to go!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->