2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

Oh Drmum!! Excited for you!!! Cannot wait to see your beautiful little bundle!!

Hope it all goes smoothly DrMum!

I have my 38 week midwife appointment. Last time I'll be seeing her, unless I go overdue, then she'll offer a sweep. I'm debating asking her to do an internal examination to see if anything is going on. She doesn't usually check, but I'm in so much pain I need to know if somethings happening. Hopefully she will oblige.

Best wishes for your Csect birth, DrMum! Can't wait to see pictures, how exciting! ❤

Good luck DrMum! Looking forward to seeing pictures of your beautiful baby!
LilFoosh - she's doing great thank you! She's taken to breastfeeding like an expert and she is so chilled out. She's definitely my easiest baby. The boys absolutely adore her which is so lovely to see. I was worried that ds2 in particular would be jealous because of his age and the fact that he's such a mummy's boy but other than a little insecurity from him on our first day home, he's been fine!
I hope your bruises fade quickly and aren't too painful.

I was telling my husband we were expecting a baby this week, today. Didn't think it would be so soon. Good luck DrMum.

I've been a busy bee today. I expected to be totally sore from Mommy Con yesterday, but I was careful and wasn't too bad after a good night's sleep.

Today I've put all the baby's smaller clothes away (bigger stuff is going into a box in the closet or something later), made a batch of muffins for the freezer, made a batch of padsicles for the freezer (labeled "soothing ice packs" because DH has banned the word padsicle!), and brought up all the laundry I did the other day so I can finish packing the hospital bag after dinner. Diaper prep had to wait for tomorrow because DH has been doing laundry all day, but I may try to get the changing table a little organized if I have it in me. Not bad for a day I'd initially set aside as Do Nothing Day!

Right? Seems accurate. I'm not sure why it bugs him so much, he's generally not freaked out by feminine supplies. Maybe he just doesn't want to think of dessert and hygiene products at the same time :p I think he was mostly just messing with me.

I followed this general guideline, but I didn't measure or anything. I did a generous squirt of witch hazel (the one I got had some aloe added, for extra benefit), spread on a squirt of aloe gel, and added a few drops of lavender oil. Hopefully I got the balance of enough soothing stuff without taking up all the absorbency ok. https://www.tallmomtinybaby.com/2013/05/padsicles-new-moms-perfect-companion.html

Thanks everyone for the well wishes!!

So.... I went to bed Saturday night, felt kind of uneasy but couldn't put my finger on it. DS was super clingy and even ended up in our bed which he rarely does unless ill or something. Around 3am I woke up cramping and they gradually got stronger and stronger. I left Dh and ds asleep and got up and had a hot bath which made them even stronger- when I stood up to get out the bath I had the most tremendous pressure so I call Dh who was perhaps understandably quite surprised to find me dripping wet in the bathroom puffing and panting and rolling my eyes! I called my OBs office and they said come right in. When I got to the hospital and they checked me I could NOT believe I was fully dilated!! Was whisked to the OR after anaesthetic consult and our son Rory was safely delivered within minutes.
And after all the "huge baby scans" he was a petite little 8lb7oz!!
He is breastfeeding like a dream, I'm up and mobile and we are all on cloud nine!

I'd like to thankyou all for making this long journey so normal for me and for the strength and solidarity of women!!!!

Drmum so glad you and baby are safe and the delivery was quick. =) Hoping recovery goes quickly for you. looking forward to seeing little Rory. I am sure he knows he has a whole group of ladies waiting to check him out. :happydance: Congratulations and Happy Birthday little man. Glad your journey was quick.

Yay drmum! Congrats on your little guys arrival! Can't wait to see pics and so happy you are both doing well!

Now if only the rest of us could show up at the hospital fully or almost fully dilated!! :haha:!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->