2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

I work as an administrator at a private boarding school so im currently on summer break!

I'm a business manager in a school but I don't get the holidays off :-(

I am a head accountant at School district...so no holidays for me either!

Also since I am in US - the maternity leave is going to suck too!

I'll get 9 months maternity leave. Which I think is really good. Only trouble is with the timing of the baby I don't think I'll get a Christmas off which would have been nice

is anyone planning on reading any books or is reading a book...if so which one?

I read a lot of books last time. Probably too many lol! What to expect when you're expecting is good. I had another one I really liked that explained what was happening every day of your pregnancy. Those books are fun, but you're only pregnant for 9 months and you have the baby forever, so I think if I knew what I knew now, I would have spent a lot more time talking to other moms and asking them to be honest with me about what it's like to have a baby... things books don't tell you.

I'm a natural parent so I loved 'The Other Baby book' it covers pregnancy but mainly newborn care. it really explains the difference between societies expectations (what people tell us we should do) and nature (what baby actually needs) and where those expectations stem from. I dip into WHat to expect but I have a love hate relationship with it x

I haven't heard of that book, Mya, but it sounds like it would be good! People have been parenting since before we had books... You have instinct and that is better than any book out there. I like the "technical" parts of the books like "Your baby is the size of an avocado now" and "your baby should be able to hear you now". Every pregnancy is different and every baby is different.

is anyone planning on reading any books or is reading a book...if so which one?

I have 2- the pregnancy bible which is great - lots if pictures easy to read and Mayo clinic complete book of pregnancy - very informative

I'm an M&A manager for a consulting firm so lots of travel. However, I get 6 months paid maternity leave and company covers breast pump and lactation consultant if insurance doesn't.

I haven't heard of that book, Mya, but it sounds like it would be good! People have been parenting since before we had books... You have instinct and that is better than any book out there. I like the "technical" parts of the books like "Your baby is the size of an avocado now" and "your baby should be able to hear you now". Every pregnancy is different and every baby is different.

I've really learnt to trust my instincts (without influence from others). I do feel its important to be educated when making decisions. I don't tend to blindly trust others (doctors, family, society), I make sure I am armed with all the facts and research before making parenting choices (eating, sleeping, care, discipline, medical issues). I really make sure the decisions I make are about me and my baby and not about anything else. I think reading up (from yhe RIGHT sources) is quite important as then you make whatever decision and you can be confident you did what youre comfortable with. When you know better you do better.

Good morning ladies, hope everyone is feeling well today! What does everyone do for work?

I work for Aetna a health insurance company, in the commercial billing and enrollment department

I've really learnt to trust my instincts (without influence from others). I do feel its important to be educated when making decisions. I don't tend to blindly trust others (doctors, family, society), I make sure I am armed with all the facts and research before making parenting choices (eating, sleeping, care, discipline, medical issues). I really make sure the decisions I make are about me and my baby and not about anything else. I think reading up (from yhe RIGHT sources) is quite important as then you make whatever decision and you can be confident you did what youre comfortable with. When you know better you do better.

Completely Agree :)

Hey, may I join? My lmp was June4th but I think I may have ovulated a bit late. I literally just got my bfp this morning, so I'll update when I see the doctor.

I'm a SAHM and provide daycare as well. Before kids I was in insurance.

Thanks ladies - so far

1. what to expect
2. the Mayo clinic pregnancy guide
3. The other baby

I will definitely look them up. I agree that I dont want to be completely directed by whats written. I think it has to be a combination of having read, talked to other moms and what feels right to you as well. I wouldnt do something just because someone else did it or the book said so if I didnt feel comfortable with it.

But its good to be informed and probably from different sources so you can see contradicting theories and make your own decision.

Good news, the bra did make a big difference in my comfort overnight. It's kind of annoying during the day just because I hate wearing bras at home, but it's not uncomfortable like a regular bra would be. I'd recommend it if you're sore and think some support might help. Amazon had a bunch of similar ones if the one I got isn't quite what you're looking for.

My degree is in education, but I graduated at a bad time, so no teaching jobs here. I worked for an accountant doing various office assistant, data entry boring kinds of stuff up until last month. A friend of mine hooked me up with an equally boring work at home thing, rating search engine results. It's hard to keep motivated to do it, but it's great working from home and choosing my own hours, and now I can make some money when the baby comes, instead of just quitting outright like I was planning (I wasn't earning enough to justify daycare). I also just started selling some crafts at a local farmers market every Sunday, but that's not really making money at this point.

As for books, I read What to Expect, which I didn't mind but which a lot of people I know hated and thought was terrifying. I also read the Mayo guide, and I'm rereading the weekly developments in that one now. I'm planning to get some more natural childbirth focused books, but I'm going to wait until after my first appointment so I can get opinions from the midwife.

Smurf I'm due March 9th :) I've been on all the monthly threads lol. Our BFP was a total surprise a planned surprise ? Lol.

I'm an IV tech for a long term care pharmacy. I get 26 weeks paid maternity leave! I was surprised to hear that. Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->