2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

Hi Ladies,
MrsK told me you all were worried about me - sorry I've been so quiet on the board it's just easier for me on Facebook (which I know not all of you have)
I was pretty sure I was in labor last night, contractions woke me up and were pretty regular for about 1.5 hours, but then I fell back asleep and when I woke up it was over... I'm already dilated to a 3 so the doc feels I'll go soon, though I'm not so sure.

DrMum, I know what you mean about huge supply. When I pumped regularly I'd get about 2.5x what my baby needed too. Built an awesome stash with it, but think it contributed to my getting mastitis 3x. Considering babies are more effective than pumps, I may end up needing some pointers from you!!

Bookity I just wrote you a huge reply and then managed to delete it... I'm in my phone - let me get back to my iPad and I'll re-write!!!!

I think the one single thing I am looking forward to the most from this pregnancy is hearing/seeing this little one for the first time. As a first time mom I don't know what to expect or what I will feel but I do know that it makes me get all teary just thinking about it. I've heard so many birth stories and have witnessed a few births but it's different. I remember watching the look on my SIL's face when she met her son for the first time. It's almost as if everyone in the room disappeared and a ray of light was shining on them. My brother was crying as the babe was holding onto his finger. It was as if I was watching something on TV. So surreal. Now that I am just sitting around with more time than I expected I keep going through each scenario from the best to worst case. I don't know if it's just me preparing myself mentally or if I am just a weirdo. My DH thinks the latter of course.
I wonder..I wonder when this little person will make his/her grand entrance and how long it will take. I wonder if he/she will look like me or him. I wonder..
For the new moms..how did you feel when you met your child the first time? Moms to be: What do you look forward to right after the birth?

I'm really looking forward to just checking him out, seeing who he looks like, counting all his toes, etc. And I really look forward to seeing DH meet him and get to know him, because he just isn't able to bond with him before birth the way I am.

For the moms with the awesome milk supplies....were you taking any supplements or anything prior to or just after birth that has helped so much with the supply, or are you just crazy lucky!? although I can see where too much would be bad, ie drowning baby from the let down :(

FTM here, I'd say meeting him/her for the very first moment and seeing just who it is the DH and I made together!!

Hello all :) Just found out about this group and excited to join! :)

I am due on March 15th! Also a FTM :)

Welcome to the group, Rapunzel. Do you know what you're having? How's pregnancy treating you so far?

We're still so way behind on the nursery, but I've got the most important corner done. His dresser is all full and organized, and his diapers are all ready to go! I just need to get the wipe warmer out of the closet and set it up, and get the nicer cloth wipes and the diaper pail out of the box of baby stuff that's still in the garage. For now, the hanging tube is full of dry cheapie baby washcloth wipes. I've been promised that the rest of the nursery is getting finished tomorrow, but I'm glad to have the essentials ready. He'll be sleeping in our room anyway, so all we really need immediately is diaper and clothes storage, and the rocking chair. I'll share photos of the rest when it's all put together!

Attachments

• changing table 1.jpg
    changing table 1.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 3
  • changing table 2.jpg
    changing table 2.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 3
Woke up this morning and went to the bathroom to see some blood on my underwear. I had been up in the night a lot and had a few bathroom trips then, but I don't turn the lights on, so I don't know if it was associated with plug or what. It scared me for a second, since blood was always a bad thing to see, but then I was thinking, well I'm near the end and it could actually be a good thing. I've been crampy now and then, so while I'm not getting my hopes up, I will keep an eye on things today.
Thankfully I'm done work now, as of yesterday. I was sad as I left, but I didn't want to take a chance of going into labour alone at the store.

Was there a lot of blood and was it bright red? It could be your bloody show.

Update from missfrick: "No baby yet. She'll be here today, I just got the epidural... Water broke... Had meconium... So they'll be taking her before skin-to-skin"

bucherworm-that's exciting I hope it was your show!!!

I have a question. this morning I woke up and the top side of my bell hurt so bad. Not contracting or anything like that. The best way I can think to try to explain it is that it is crazy tender. Anyone else have this? Should I be concerned? I'm just not sure what to think. I would guess all is fine, but hoping someone else may be able to shed a little light for me!

Bucher that's exciting, I hope things are happening and go quickly for you!

Thanks for the update Frenchie. Good luck MissFrick!!!

Twinkle could you LOL have kicked you there a bunch and you feel a little bruised?

When I first saw DS I thought "Are you sure that one is mine?" :haha: Then they brought him closer and I was smitten.

Maybe... I;m starting to wonder if i dropped a bit, my belly doesnt look the same from above...maybe its just the skin/muscles being pulled down more?

Also went to the bathroom and I lost some of my plug :happydance: At least I know I must be dilating a little for that to happen right!!? I wasn't dilated at all when I was last checked.

Does your mucus plug have to have blood in it?
I ask because I think I may have started loosing it today, last twice wen iv gone toilet iv had some Little globs of Sticky cm and also what I would describe as ewcm. Iv been tired all day too but didn't get to sleep til 2am and got up about 11 did the hoovering noticed my pad was wet after and don't know if it was cause of hoovering or if it's a sign.

It doesn't always have blood.

Anyone seen anything from Molly? Her water broke the other day, so she probably has her LOL now too! Hope all Is well

Nope mummy_smurf!! I didn't have any blood in the plug I lost when my labor started this time. Doesn't have to happen!

Oh that's good I'm thinking something defo happening for me baby seems be getting me empty my bowels lol I'm gonna go for a walk tomorrow and bounce on yoga ball tonight

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->