• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

I'm still waiting :( he will be here by Friday at the latest though!

I'm so sorry, Foosh. I'm sure Charlie is a comfort, but I know nothing will erase the pain of losing a child. It sounds like you're coping very well. :hugs:

Ultrasound was okay. They are suggesting that baby comes out. Growth has stopped and placenta has a lot of calcification. We are on our way to the midwives to discuss further.

Teilana I hope things are progressing well. Exciting you could have your little one to hold so soon. Best of luck.

Foosh you are so strong. You made it through a terribly tough day but I'm glad you had Charli there with you. Xx

Made it to my due date. Thought things were happening last night with lots of braxton hicks but it hasn't turned into anything.

Teilana, I see you are 41+3 maybe baby boy will decide to come out on his own before Friday.

Congrats on making it to your EDD, Bump. Hopefully the BH will quickly turn into labour. Any idea if you are having a boy or girl?

Update from Facebook from Teilana:
Charles Tiberius was born at 1.17am weighing 7lb 3oz! They're on their way home now :)

Congratulations!

Aww yay, congratulations teilana!

Thanks foosh :) no idea whether it's a girl or boy which makes the waiting even harder. Keep going on walks but I'm not sure this one is coming any the soon. Had a few BH today but not feeling optimistic.

I hope everyone is doing well. I have no idea how I am functioning on such little sleep. Hinata is now eating more and not as often which is nice. She is also having about an hour of wakefulness. The rest of the time it's eat, sleep, poop/pee, repeat.
Other than dealing with sleep deprivation I am also having to handle my DH. He starting chewing tobacco again a few months ago and I found out the day after I had the baby. I was so angry and said some really harsh things. Something along the lines of choose us or tobacco. so right now he is going cold turkey. It's awful trying to deal with everything postpartum and now we have this to add. I'm just thankful he will get up to change diapers.
I've had to step up and take on the role of housekeeper and new mom. He gets super angry when things are not just perfect. I keep telling him it's okay but it makes him angrier.
We took Hinata to her first check up and DH was hovering like crazy. When they took her temp-rectally she started screaming bloody murder. I started crying and after 2 attempts I begged the nurse to just use her armpit. Anyone else react like that when baby is in pain? I even bleed a ton immediately after.

I know this week will be a challenge but each day that passes is completely worth it. =)

Here is little Charles!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 7
Congratulations, Teilana!

Bumpwishes, I hope the little one shows up soon. I wonder what our boy to girl yellow bump ratio is so far.

Momma, I'm so sorry you have so much stress. If he wants the house perfect, he can clean it his damn self! DH has gotten mildly frustrated a couple times that I haven't been up for doing much around the house, but he's at least trying to understand. It's hard to recuperate even from a fairly routine birth. I'm only just starting to kind of feel like myself again two weeks in, and I still haven't found the energy to do more than cook a couple very simple dinners.

We had a busy day today. We went to the pediatrician in the morning, and Teddy gained half a pound this week. He's growing so fast! Then we got lunch at Chipotle, and it was so nice being out after spending so long cooped up, I decided to join DH for a trip to Babies R Us and the grocery store later in the afternoon. We tried the ring sling, and Teddy seemed to like it. I really need to at least stock the wipe warmer before bed, but I'm so tired.

Congrats Teilana!

:hugs: Momma. After DS was born we had to have a talk to reset expectations in our house. DH was expecting me to do everything around the house because I was home. We talkd it out and re-evaluated, we ended up with a chore chart to keep track of everything for awhile. I can honestly say that my DH didn't realize how much I was doing, if he didn't see me doing it he didn't realize it was being done (like sweeping, vacuuming, mopping or cleaning the bathroom). Once I told him I was frustrated and why we could work on a solution.

I also know a couple who are currently going througy the same thing, they have 2yo. She has had PPD and a big hurdle for her has been realizing that she hs been trying to be perfect for her OH. She was spending all her down time making sure everything was just the way he wanted it and was taking no time for herself.

Talk it out and don't forget you are more important than his desire for perfection. :hugs:

For the baby in pain question- I cried when I had to hold DS down for his first set of shots. I felt terrible and it didn't phase the doctor at all. DS didn't even seem to notice when he got the needle though... the second set of shots was different, I thought it would be like the first time and was caught offguard when he screamed out and gave me this accusatory look. Watching your child get hurt or even be uncomfortable is very difficult but normal. :(

Hi Ladies,

Just checking in. I hope you and your little ones are doing well. Hopefully your husbands are pulling their weight and realising what amazing jobs you all do!!

I have my 40 week midwife appointment this afternoon. I never wanted a sweep and hoped to avoid it but i'm feeling pretty desperate now since i'm so uncomfortable. MrsK you had one didn't you, and if I recall correctly it brought on labour?

Definitely ready to meet my little girl or boy!

I went into labor the day I had my sweep, but I was already 3cm and had been having irregular contractions for days, so it really just tipped me over the edge. Your doctor should be able to tell you if a sweep is likely to help in your case.

Thanks Mrsk. Ive had braxton hicks for days now. Midwife did it about 2 hours ago. She said I was fully effaced, 2 cm dilated and stretchy. She could also feel the head. As soon as she had done it I felt crampy. Had cramps and backache since and am feeling hopeful!!

Thanks foosh me too! I'm here wishing these pains don't go away. First time I've ever wished pains to stay aha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->