• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

Looking forward to hearing about more marchmallows being born.
DH is starting to ease up especially after today. I had my one week check up with the OB and they sent me straight to the hospital. I was admitted and on mandatory bed rest. They put in a catheter to collect my urine and given a diuretic. They think its eclampsia postpartum. Which is extremely rare. We will know more tomorrow.
So DHis feeling like crap now that he knows I wasn't being whiney for nothing. In fact, he has waited on me since I was admitted. Thankfully baby squirrel and DHcan board in the same room as me for my stay.
Hope everyone is well and if you are in any pain from swelling followed by headaches, go to the hospital immediately.

Oh my lord, it never ends for you, does it? I hope you're home soon and your DH stays reasonable.

You really are having a rough start to being a mama aren't you mommasquirrel! So glad you are getting much needed treatment and DH has come round. Hope the attitude stays when you're home. Have you any idea how long your stay will be?

:hugs: momma! I hope you feel better soon and glad the doctor caught it. It's nice to hear DH has stepped up and that he and bubba can stay with you.

Momms hope you are doing better. The post partum BP trick is exactly what I did this time and they too told me it's really rare. I had to juggle around with meds until they found one which brought my BP down enough, and gradually it's settled over the last few weeks. I felt terrible though, so swollen, couldn't get pants on never mind shoes! My legs were huge! So I feel for you massively. It was not fun.

Foosh I've been meaning to try and get on here to say I was thinking about you with the anniversary of the loss of your wee one. As you and I know, there are no words which make things better so I won't waffle. But just know I was thinking about you and sending peaceful thoughts and hoping the day was gentle on you.

Things are settling down here. BP is better and breast feeding is going well. I've got an awesome lactation consultant who has been helping me with the ongoing oversupply and crazy let down issues as it's no fun watching DS choking and gasping and getting milk in his eyes and hair! So that's going better.

Tomorrow I am booked for hair cut and colour and eyebrows. Haven't coloured my hair since being pregnant so I am soooo excited to say adios to the greys! A general tidy up is needed. Hence today's mission is to pump enough to leave with DH. Wish me luck!!

Mommasquirrel it seems you are having a rough time now but it will get better in time.

King will be 1 month old tomorrow and it has been a beautiful experience for me since he's been born. My pregnancy seemed long and difficult but taking care of baby came naturally. All of you ladies have been more than helpful guiding me through this life changing experience and I want to say thank you!!!!

Momma I hope you feel better soon, at least you are in the right place and being taken care of.

Drmum I hope you enjoy your hair appointment. Bet it will be so lovely having your hair coloured again.

Hi, just checking in forthose not in FB group.

Vivian was born 12:07a Monday after a 20 hour labor via waterbirth. Very wonderful labor experience, tho I wont pretend it didnt hurt like hell lol

She was 8lb 4 oz and was a total champ.

We're now still working on breastfeeding, its tougher than I thought!

I love that name swampmaiden! Keep working at the breastfeeding. I'm just over a month into it and enjoying it so much more than pumping. It's pretty fantastic!

Congrats Swampmaiden! I struggled with the breastfeeding to start with too. Who would have thought it would be so difficult? Sounds simple in theory. But it's get easier if you stick with it. Only 4 weeks in but it's already much easier

Momms hope you are doing better. The post partum BP trick is exactly what I did this time and they too told me it's really rare. I had to juggle around with meds until they found one which brought my BP down enough, and gradually it's settled over the last few weeks. I felt terrible though, so swollen, couldn't get pants on never mind shoes! My legs were huge! So I feel for you massively. It was not fun.

This was me! Didn't realise it was so common! I had to get dh to bring me some of his trackies for me to go home from hospital in as I couldn't fit any of my trousers over my legs. So I went home in massive trackies and slippers! My bp was very high from 38 weeks and I was put on tablets for it. Back to normal now so they've tsken me off them but will need to check it again in a couple of weeks to make sure it stays that way without the tablets.

Ditto on BF is hard. Been the toughest part so far except waiting through the circumcision. :/

BFing my DD was the most painful and frustrating thing I've ever done. This time around is slightly easier (maybe because I didn't have high expectations going in), but it's still very painful, and it's always a guess whether he's getting enough at each feeding.

Warren pees all the time. Poops are becoming slightly less frequent thank goodness! And he seems to feel heavier everytime I pick him up! Lol. We just moved him up from newborn diapers. They're getting a bit too snug on him! So I have no doubts that he's growing. Hoping the feeding isn't quite so often after the 6 week mark, but even so, I'm loving the breastfeeding right now. :)

Are any of you expressing breast milk? I'm thinking of giving it a go so dh do the occasional feed. Just not sure of a few things if anyone can advice me. Firstly all I need is a breast pump, bottles and steriliser right? Should I get a certain type of bottle? Is best to express at a certain time of day? And how much? From one breast or two? Basically I know nothing! Any advice would be appreciated.

Breastfeeding a newborn is hard! We are on day 12 today and it can be difficult, but everyday I think it gets a little bit easier. It may be natural, but takes a lot of practice and patience.

I have been pumping. Started last week. I have a few freezer bags in the freezer for later and I have gotten my husband to feed her some fresh bottles, too.
I have a crack that really hurts when she feeds on the right side, so I have been pumping from that side pretty much exclusively and feeding her from the left. I try to pump a few times a day, usually right after a feed. So far that seems to be working.
So far she hasn't had any issues going between bottle and breast. We use "natural" bottles, like Avent. I don't know if that makes a difference. I think mostly you have to figure out what works best for you and baby. We don't have a sterilizer by the way. We just use hot soapy water.

Hot soapy water is fine. Your supply is greatest in the morning when you wake (I could pump 15 ounces in the morning when I was pumping exclusively). Maybe pump the opposite breast of babys first feed in the morning?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->