2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

I've always been lucky in that I've been able to eat what I want and not put on weight. So I assumed I would go straight back to normal after the birth. I was wrong! So maybe I should think about weight loss but I love my junk food!

I've started some gentle excises to help tone my lower tummy muscles...when I am walking around at home I have been raising my knees so my thigh is parallel to the floor and I've been doing a lot of walking. I read that you shouldn't diet (like totally cut out carbs or reduce your calories a lot) while you are breast feeding, so I'm hoping that the extra little exercises and continuing to eat tons of veggies will work for the most part. I'm about 5 lbs more than my starting weight but I want to work on getting rid of the extra I put on while we were struggling with IF.

I've lost roughly 33 pounds. I still have 17 to lose to get to pre pregnancy weight. All im doing is walking. I walk a little farther each day. I feel so tired but can't sleep when baby sleeps during the day so I clean or take baby on a short walk with me. My section scar still hurts but I figure it's normal. How is everyone? Hinata is eating so much now..I feel like a milkmaid. :) just seeing her smile makes it all worth it.

Thank you everyone.

Thanks foosh. It's lovely to hear someone else's experiences that are similar although I don't like to think of anyone experiencing that with the epidural or a poorly baby. He's doing really well though and the seizures have stopped on his meds. So far they've found no cause and all results are looking positive.

bumpwishes: Our birth experiences sound similar in that we went in and ended up with C-sections and had adverse reactions to the epidural. My little girl was having seizure like activity and was evaluated for 48 hours. Luckily it all cleared up on it's own within that time frame and the tests came back within normal range. Is your little boy still on the anti-seizure meds? How are you recovering? Thinking about you and you're little one. Hoping that all is going well. :hugs:

So glad things are looking good, bumpwishes!

Teddy has a fun new game this week. He nurses all evening, I wait til he's tired, change his diaper, swaddle him up, take him to the bedroom, and do a quick nurse to sleep, during which he poops like he's never popped before. And then I have to wake him up with a diaper change and start over with the nursing, while praying that he doesn't poop again. Kid, why can't you get it all out during the hours of feeding, instead of saving it all for the ten minutes before bed? Your mama is exhausted!

Good to hear, bump!

You ladies who are walking: do you get an increase in bloody discharge/lochia after you've gone for a walk? I walked to and from the pharmacy the other day and had a lot of blood. Also, on days when I carry James around a lot to try to get him to sleep I have more blood. I didn't notice this flux with my first pregnancy/delivery because I bled pretty consistently for about 6 weeks. I'm only at 3 weeks PP, but I'm hoping this will thin out soon!

bumpwishes: Our birth experiences sound similar in that we went in and ended up with C-sections and had adverse reactions to the epidural. My little girl was having seizure like activity and was evaluated for 48 hours. Luckily it all cleared up on it's own within that time frame and the tests came back within normal range. Is your little boy still on the anti-seizure meds? How are you recovering? Thinking about you and you're little one. Hoping that all is going well. :hugs:

Thank you so much Momma, you don't know how much it helps to hear that. He's still on the meds and I think he will be kept on them a while to be on the safe side. All test results so far look positive. It's so great to hear your little girl is well. I'm recovering slowly. Not rested much as we go back and forth to the hospital. I have crazy puffiness in my legs, ankles, feet and hips. People keep commenting in worry lol.

Oh mrsk that sounds like a great game ahaha bless him.

Frenchie- yes, I had increased discharge. I asked the doc because I couldn't remember that from DS and he said it's normal. The first time it happened my bleeding had practically stopped, we took DS to the zoo and after an 30 mins I had a clot and lots of bleeding. It was scary. Later that week we took DS to comicon (stupid March break, that was fun with a 1-2week old :nope: ) and it happened again but I was prepared and my doctors appointment was in between those two outings so it wasn't scary. The bleeding stopped for me at 3weeks and a couple days.

My midwife said not to worry about increased bleeding, but to take it as a sign to slow down a little. Try not to get too adventurous, you're still in recovery for awhile, even if you feel much better.

Happy Easter ladies! I laid him down for a diaper change in my nephew's room and he posed so perfectly, I had to grab his bunny and take a photo.

Attachments

• Teddy Easter.jpg
    Teddy Easter.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 9
Aww lovely picture mrsk :)

Congratulations are in order I see dentdoc! An easter Sunday baby :).

Hope everyone had a lovely Easter. We are our bringing our little boy home today. It's scary but we are over the moon :).

So glad he's coming home today bump!! Congratulations!

Congrats Dentdoc!

Yay Bump! So glad he is coming home. Did you decide on a name?

Great photo, MrsK. That rug is awesome.

Yes, bump! We want to know the little one's name! Hope you get some good rest at home.

Thanks, Frenchie. SIL said she got it at Sierra Trading Post, and it came in lots of colors. I may order one for Teddy.

Thanks everyone. We are so happy to have him home. Just like Molly, our little boy is called George! We've had the name picked out since the beginning but didn't want to say until we knew whether we had a boy or girl :).

Hello ladies
I gave birth to Rayan on April 3.
I was in pre labor on Tuesday 40+1 week and went to hosp they didn't admit me and send me home as I was only 1.5 cm dialated and apparently weak contractions. I stayed up 4 nights in pain until I saw my OB for my Visit to discuss induction....well NST showed contractions were far and not strong while I kept saying they will kill me..Noone believed me!
Ultrasound showed fluid was okay. ..
Baby was around 9pounds!
OB saw me n did the cervix check..I was 5 cm dialated and she got wheelchair and rushed Me to labor and delivery..I got epidural an hour later..3 hours after that I was 10cm.ready to push...believe it or not my contractions were either coming in clusters and other times 7 to 10 min apart and they didn't have high peak like they would Like to see but I was ready to push in Less than 5hrs...they broke my water when I was 7cm dialated...Baby heart rate on NST was declining multiple times and they kept changing my positions...
I pushed for 5min but baby wasn't liking it and dr is like as new mom you may push for hrs but we dunt Wana risk baby so we would like to do emergency c section...so I ended up going thru natural delivery plus c section...cord was wrapped around his leg and his head was stuck in my pelvis...even during surgery they had difficulty getting him out...that's y he had heart rate dropping...such a scary moment! !
both baby and I m doing ok. I have a long recovery to go thru buy luckily oh has been very supportive in last 3 weeks n he is off 2 more weeks...
Rayan birth weight was 7.5 pounds and I am loving each sec with him...ob told me for future pregnancies to go with c section rt away because I have small pelvic area...

Congratulations Jannah! Well these babies do like to make a fuss coming out don't they!!

I hope you are feeling ok after your section and that you are healing well. I'm sure baby cuddles help! Take things easy. Well done for doing all the hard work and coping well with an initially slow starting labour.

Enjoy your little man. Hope things continue well xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"