2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

Congrats Jannah! At least you know now for your future pregnancies! Very glad you are both doing well, take advantage of DH being home.

Yay another george! Great choice bump! Congrats Jannah. Hope you're doing well with your recovery. Is that all the March babies born now? Or is anyone still waiting?

I think it's everyone who's been active in the thread lately.

Congratulations, Jannah!

Oh good. So how is everyone getting on with their babies? I'm enjoying being a mum, but finding it rather tiring. George slept for 5.5 hours last night. Which I know isn't bad for a 6 week old. The trouble is it takes hours of him screaming to get him to sleep. I know he's tired but he just fights it. During the day I take him out in the pram to get him to sleep but don't want to do that in the night. Anyway he's going for an ultrasound thus morning, apparently he's got a clicky hip. From what I understand it's really common and normally nothing to worry about.

He slept 5.5 hours in a row or combined in the night? James alternates days where he naps well, then not at all. We're currently dealing with a no nap day and it's very tiring!

Molly- this obviously isn't the only possibility but it is my experience and somewhere to start- that can happen (fighting sleep) if they get over stimulated or if you miss their first "I'm sleepy" cues. It takes a bit to figure them out and what works. Having baby in a dimly lit room looking at a blank wall can help. A warm bath can too if it doesn't normally wind him up. Keep an eye out for yawning, droopy eyes, eye rubbing (when he gets more coordinated), ear pulling about 30 minutes before he normally starts getting fussy. Try to keep calm and switch off with someone (if you have the option) if you start getting upset, anxious or frustrated as baby can pick up on it.

Could be a sour tummy, trapped wind or colic too. We used gripe water with DS sometimes but it's not for everyone.

King and I are doing well he is sleeping about 5 to 6 hours overnight, which is great for me!!! He still hasn't gotten his second hep b shot due to a recall on the batch his pediatrician has at his office. The doctor assures me it can wait until his two month appointment since he's not at high risk to contract it but still shouldn't we be following a time line with these shots? Otherwise things are going great this baby rarely cries at all.

How is everyone else getting along with the new babies?

He should be ok waiting a month. It will still be effective, and since hep b is only transmitted via blood, the odds of him catching it right now are extremely low. I'm tempted to ask if we can put Teddy's off because we're having insurance issues and we may be paying his 1 month visit out of pocket.

Here their first round of shots (after the first hep b in the hospital) is at two months. So I am sure there's nothing wrong with waiting another month on the garçons hep b.

Wow 6 hours a night! Matt is 4 weeks and goes at most 3 hours

4 hours at a time here, at best, at night. Sometimes we get 4 hours between during feedings during the day too, but if it's a good day.

Here the first round of shots is also at 2 months, so don't worry about it being put off. Just make sure he doesn't challenge anyone to a knife fight in the meantime!

We are getting 3-4 hours between feeds, on the shorter side during the day on the longer side during the night.

Last night was pretty bad. The first stretch was 4.5 hours (yay!), then 3, but she didn't want to go back to sleep. After cuddling and trying to get her down for almost 2 hours, she was finally in bed and not fussing just grunting and sqeaking a bit. I went to bed and about 15 mins later she was fussing so I told DH it was his turn and that she was not hungry (as he always thinks if she is crying she is hungry- which is true for the most part, she doesn't cry very much). I closed my eyes and he got out of bed, then I felt him laying her in bed right next to me. I said again that she was not hungry and he said he heard me the first time. So I closed my eyes again, not even 5 mins later he was snoring and she was fussing and wiggling. I was so pissed. I kicked him awake and told him that putting the baby next to me and going back to sleep is not fair. All he said was that he knows I don't like her being next to him in bed because he is such a heavy sleeper. I told him to try the soother ffs and turned my back. He ended up getting out of bed and I think he was in the nursery first and then downstairs on the couch.

He was clearly annoyed this morning. He works fulltime, leaves at 7:30am back at just before 6pm plus he is in IT so he is also on-call several weeks a year. But he knows how exhausted I have been and has been wanting to help out at night. Keep in mind that was the first occasion of the night that he had to do anything and it was 5am.

I can't be a total zombie while taking care of the kids. :( I'm going to let him mull over what happened and see what he says.

Oh, Foosh, that's so not ok. It's one thing if you both decide to spare him overnight stuff, but if he agreed to help, he needs to help. Round the clock baby care is exhausting.

Teddy is a month now, and a good sleeper. I can usually get a 5 or 6 hour stretch overnight, but then it's every 2 after that til we get up for the day. He makes up for the long stretch by refusing to be put down for more than ten minutes at a time during the day and getting hungry whenever I try to eat ;)

Foosh we've got a similar situation here. DH works really longs days. But sometimes they have to help out during the night. I do feel sorry for him when he's been up most of the night and then has to go to work. But it's just the way it has to be sometimes. I think I'd go insane if dh didn't give me a break. I keep reminding myself it's only for a short time and it will get easier.

I only get 3-4hours at night too and he sleeps what seems like all day some times during day lol
anyone else missing bein preg yet lol I would have never thought after 5week I would be missing it lol

I kind of missing being pregnant too. My friend just told me she's pregnant with her first. It kind of makes me sad to think I won't have that again. Even if I have more kids I'll never have that excitement of expecting my first again

I wouldn't want to be pregnant with another baby, but I definitely miss him being so easy to care for. Baby's awake? No problem, just send some blood through the umbilical cord. Easy peasy! ;)

Congrats on your babys, Jannah and bump!

Foosh, you are so right about if baby misses a nap, then they are fighting sleep for hours. Yesterday she missed her morning nap, and it took me nearly 3 additional hours of feeding, soothing, holding, rocking to finally finally get her to go down.

At least shes been good at night, she sleeps with me in bed (husband is away for next 5 weeks so its just us in bed) and its been so easy to feed her at night, she doesnt even wake up all the way and nurses for 20 min or so and falls right back asleep.

I miss being pregnant in some ways too... like being able to come and go as I plesae and not around babys schedule. For example, my cell phone has been acting up, no sound on incoming/outgoing calls, and having to go to the mobile store tomorrow is going to be a pain the a$$... hopefully I can time it during a nap so she just sleeps the whole time!

I wish I could be pregnant again with my first, but I don't think I could mentally or emotionally handle another pregnancy. I can't fathom it at the moment, maybe down the line?

I wrote DH a letter about how I've been feeling and outlined our day on Sunday to illustrate how his day went vs my day (I.e. While you napped, I soothed the baby.While you played with DS, I soothed the baby.) I told him that he probably didn't realize what was happening but that I was doing 3 hours of baby care for every 15 minutes he was doing... Things were a lot better last night after he read it and we talked. I hope this improved DH stays around for a bit. I also reminded him that he was really upset when DS was little and refused to let DH comfort him (he would scream louder if DH showed up instead of me, it really hurt DH's feelings); I told him that was the same path we were headed down.

Charlie has started doing 5.5 hour stretches at night for the last few days...but then she stays up for an hour. Ah well you win some, you lose some!

How are you ladies?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->