2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

Whew... I finally caught up on the thread! Warning: long post ahead!

I definitely want to know the sex of the baby. I have a temperament that doesn't like surprises, so I can't wait for that 20-week scan. Here in France we have scans at 12, 20 and 32 weeks, so I was surprised that I'll also be having one at 6 weeks - I didn't last time.

I grew up in the US, but live in France and am married to a Frenchman. Choosing names is rather important to us. I really don't want my child to have to repeat his/her name 10+ times for someone to be able to recognize it and then try to pronounce it or spell it! Our first is Penelope. For #2 we're thinking about James for a boy (thanks James Bond, international man of mystery) and Stella or Madeleine for a girl. It's harder to pick an international girl name that is also pretty.

As for comfortable bras, I'm a fan of Gap's pullover bra. My BBs didn't change at all during my last pregnancy, but deflated quite a bit afterwards. They're not quite as perky as before, so I can't just pop them into any ol' bra. I'm a SAHM so most days I can afford to be on the comfy side of the spectrum of bras. They're also great to sleep in, for those who don't like to free-boob.

In regards to finding out the sex, i definitely want to know!! like most women i know i'm nosy and don't like surprises, plus i want to know what colour to get everything, i'm sorry to say i hate yellow and green (the usual unisex colours) so am definitely finding out ASAP!!! xx

We definitely won't be finding out. It's the best surprise you'll ever get!

I loved the "IT'S A GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!" moment.. after the hard work of labour, it's a wonderful feeling!!

Hi ladies, can I join? Just got my BFP today, due 12th March, which is my hubby's birthday!

Hi ladies!!

I got my bfp yesterday and still can't believe it!! :D

I'm due March 20th and would love to join your thread and be a march-mallow. ;) This will be #2 for us, we have a ds, and will be team yellow! :)

Look forward to sharing the journey with you all. :)

Welcome to you both and congrats

Whew... I finally caught up on the thread! Warning: long post ahead!

I definitely want to know the sex of the baby. I have a temperament that doesn't like surprises, so I can't wait for that 20-week scan. Here in France we have scans at 12, 20 and 32 weeks, so I was surprised that I'll also be having one at 6 weeks - I didn't last time.

I grew up in the US, but live in France and am married to a Frenchman. Choosing names is rather important to us. I really don't want my child to have to repeat his/her name 10+ times for someone to be able to recognize it and then try to pronounce it or spell it! Our first is Penelope. For #2 we're thinking about James for a boy (thanks James Bond, international man of mystery) and Stella or Madeleine for a girl. It's harder to pick an international girl name that is also pretty.

As for comfortable bras, I'm a fan of Gap's pullover bra. My BBs didn't change at all during my last pregnancy, but deflated quite a bit afterwards. They're not quite as perky as before, so I can't just pop them into any ol' bra. I'm a SAHM so most days I can afford to be on the comfy side of the spectrum of bras. They're also great to sleep in, for those who don't like to free-boob.

They are lovely names.

I'm pretty sure we will be finding out the gender at our 20week scan. I'm hopin to take dd to both my scans it will be Amazin for her and before I got preg oh asked her if she wants to be there for birth so that will be great want to involve her as much as possible, she will be 4 n half by time baby is born.

Welcome new mommy's to be!

Frenchie love the names. My hubs name is James ;)

yeh i love the name james, i was thinking james if it was a boy as that is my partners middle name, then louise for a girl as thats my middle name :)

If we have a boy his name will be Shawn Jackson. First name is my dads and middle is after his grandfather.
We can't think of any girls names yet we're talking about Leah and Amelia but we aren't decided.
We LOVE the name Sophia but I have a friend who's daughter passed and her name was Sophia. And we like Henleigh but my sister in law is a nut and told us she's naming her daughter Hayleigh so it would be stupid. I do agree but she's isn't having a kid any time soon. Ugh. Am I rude if I name her Sophia? We just adore it and she isn't a close friend so she wouldn't know her. 😕

I haven't really considered names yet, its a bit too early in the game for my comfort level. After that 12 week scan, there will be a list on the fridge!

We were set on the name Owen if we had a boy the first time, but had a girl. Our dear close friends then had a boy and named him Owen......we were pregnant again at the time and found out we were having a boy. Sat them down, said we've been planning on using the name Owen for a long time, hope you don't mind but we're using it. They were fine with it, it was a little awkward but about a year later they moved. We still see them once or twice a month for dinner and having two Owens running around gets a little confusing, but pick a name you love. You are going to be the one saying it everyday.

We've been together forever so it's always been something we would randomly talk about. Sophia has been the name that's stuck and our boys name is just so meaningful. Glad to have that out of the way lol

2 questions:

What are you ladies taking for prenatals?

&

Thoughts on coloring your hair during pregnancy? I am looong overdue for a root touch up & my grays are showing like crazyyyy.

These are the prenatal's I'm taking! I've been taking them since March & really like them! I ordered 300 pills the other day for $54, that will get me through the pregnancy! They are all natural, plant based organic & haven't ever caused me stomach upset or constipation! :D

https://www.amazon.com/Rainbow-Ligh...words=rainbow+light+prenatal+one+multivitamin

I will give these a try. With my Prime account, I can get them for 23.99 but if I do subscribe and save, they are a little under $20!! A better savings than a bottle with far less pills!!

Hello everyone! Welcome to the newbies!

We will definitely be finding out the sex. I like to plan too much, and decorate the room etc.

Loving the names everyone is thinking! All adorable!

I read this a couple months ago: https://www.gq.com/entertainment/humor/201307/nine-baby-naming-rules-2013

It is rather cheeky and can be summed up in that the name you give your child is for him/her and not so much for you. I've told my parents that I'm so happy for the name that they gave me because it works professionally, socially and it's easy to spell!

BTW, we thought that we would use Penny (for Penelope) as a nickname, but when the time came we ended up calling her Lopie! I guess you can't plan everything!

Urgh, freaking out a little bit. Woke up last night and realized that my boobs aren't sore at all. They aren't sore this morning, either. Usually when I wake up at night they are so sore I can barely get up. My ultrasound is tomorrow to confirm heartbeat though but I'm so scared now :cry:

We aren't going to find out the sex - when we had our son 11 yrs ago, we didn't know and those words "its a boy!" were just WOW, nothing like it!! Whichever way it goes, a surprise "it's a ......" will make it just that much special for us;)

So something weird happened to me - I poas this afternoon (dollar store test) with not overly strong pee and my line wasn't very dark:( so I waited a bit, probably an hour and a half or 2 hours to pee again and I did the whole poas again with the same type of test - faint again:( so I diluted the urine by pouring water in the cup, so its now 1/2&1/2 and the line was darker!! so weird but it did make me feel better! I have read that after about 6 weeks that the tests can get lighter because the hormones are a lot higher. I have 1 FRER left and I may use it in the am with fmu or maybe I should just give it up and quite needlessly worrying myself:shrug: because what if my morning urine is too strong and its faint on the frer? I won't have another frer to use diluted pee on:wacko: I did not do this with my first pregnancy 11 yrs ago!! I found out early I was preggo by beta because i was having dizzy spells - it was early and my numbers were low but all I heard was "it's positive" and I carried on my merry way until I heard the HB at 11 weeks and had an U/S at 18 weeks..... I wish for that carefree nature back:( Anyways - sorry to ramble on but I worry a lot right now.
Thanks for listening:blush:

I had a similar situation yesterday I have some cheapies left and one was very dark and the other was kind of dark and then the other was kind of light. So I added water and dipped one and it was darker. I'm about a week behind you so it probably is the hook effect. I wouldn't worry about testing anymore. You are pregnant! We are pregnant! We need to just be happy and put the tests down or better yet in the trash!

Try not to worry, ChelseaLynn. Symptoms come and go. I know it's easier said than done though! Good luck at your ultrasound! Fingers crossed you will see that amazing little heartbeat!!!

We will be finding out the sex. But were doing a gender reveal party so that we can all find out at one time together or were thinking of hiring a photographer to take pictures of dh and I finding out to send out in the mail to family and friends that can't make the party.

As for names we've been together for a long time but just recently decided on names. Names are tough!

ChelseaLynn, try not to worry too much, I don't even feel pregnant today, yesterday I spent all day feeling sick! I am full of cold now too, which is making me feel horrid. I'm sure your ultrasound will be great tomorrow x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->