2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

Anyways- anyone thinking about doing a water birth & who has done a waterbirth in the past? We're delivering at a birthing center that has the option of doing water birth. Hubby seems excited about wanting to do it.

I did a water birth with my DD. Or most of it anyway, toward the end I felt like getting out, so she wasn't actually born in the water. I thought the water was very relaxing and comforting, though. I just felt like getting into a different position to finish the pushing.

thats kind of what I'm thinking about doing!

My doctor's office forgot to call me back last week after I had requested a viability ultrasound (history of multiple early losses, but also had one successful pregnancy). So I called today - apparently the doctor had responded, but no one remembered to actually call me back and tell me. Grr. So anyway, I got a 2nd hCG level done today, and they said if it was over 10,000 they would book the viability ultrasound.

My levels:
7/3: 3,696.8
7/10: 11,682.8

The earliest they could get me in for the ultrasound is next Wednesday afternoon. It's going to feel like a very long week waiting for that! I'm so anxious about losing the pregnancy, so I really, really hope I can see heartbeat and baby growing right.

Anyways- anyone thinking about doing a water birth & who has done a waterbirth in the past? We're delivering at a birthing center that has the option of doing water birth. Hubby seems excited about wanting to do it.

I did a water birth with my DD. Or most of it anyway, toward the end I felt like getting out, so she wasn't actually born in the water. I thought the water was very relaxing and comforting, though. I just felt like getting into a different position to finish the pushing.

I laboured and gave birth in the birthing pool with ds2. It was an amazing experience and it was so much more relaxing than ds1's labour and birth. I'm hoping to do the same again.
They can still check the baby's heartbeat with the Doppler in the pool. Once I was in the pool, I didn't get out until after he was born.

I definitely want a water birth. I just don't know anywhere around me that does it but you can labor in it. If that's how I have to do then I will.

I definitely want a water birth. I just don't know anywhere around me that does it but you can labor in it. If that's how I have to do then I will.

Meg, where in NH are you? I know of 2 places in my general vicinity where you can have a water birth, and the other place does at least do water labors, but you have to get out for the actual birth (not sure how they would force you if you refused, though). I'm in the Monadnock region of NH.

does anyone know how much on average boobs grow in pregnancy, because i'm only 6 weeks and i've gone from a 28 DD to a 28 F!?!?!! if they get any bigger i'll fall over forwards before i even get my bump!!

NHKATE! I was going to ask you where you're from! I'm in the Manchester area. So Souther NH? New to these parts. I grew up in MA right over the boarder.

does anyone know how much on average boobs grow in pregnancy, because i'm only 6 weeks and i've gone from a 28 DD to a 28 F!?!?!! if they get any bigger i'll fall over forwards before i even get my bump!!

I just read somewhere that the average is 2 cup sizes. It can really vary so much from person to person, though.

I laboured and gave birth in the birthing pool with ds2. It was an amazing experience and it was so much more relaxing than ds1's labour and birth. I'm hoping to do the same again.
They can still check the baby's heartbeat with the Doppler in the pool. Once I was in the pool, I didn't get out until after he was born.

that's very reassuring thank you!!

I just read somewhere that the average is 2 cup sizes. It can really vary so much from person to person, though.

cheers, can it really be that quick though, i'm only 6 weeks, could i really have done all my boob growing in the first 6 weeks haha?

Meg, I don't know the Manchester hospitals or birthing centers. Peterborough is 30-something miles from Manchester, so that might be doable for you. Monadnock Community Hospital is in Peterborough, and that's where I gave birth to my daughter. I loved it - you can do a full water birth if you want, and the whole atmosphere I had was very relaxing, very accommodating to how I wanted the birth to be. I know that there are people who love them so much there that they drive by other hospitals so they can go there for their pregnancy care & L&D. Good luck finding a place that works for you!

I'm definitely just going to have a hospital birth. Unfortunately I'm high risk so I won't be able to have a home birth and probably not at a birthing centre either. But I would like to at least try to go natural and maybe try alternative pain medications besides the epidural (I had a bad experience with a spinal once and would like to avoid it if possible). Sitting on a tub, using a shower, or bouncing on a ball are all options I would like to try. I'd also like to try birthing in a squatting position but I don't know if OBs will let you?

Hey ladies!! Just wanted to pop in and say goodbye. I went into my first appointment today and there was nothing in my uterus. It was empty. I managed to not cry until I got to the car. They want me to come back in a week to check for something to say the pregnancy is viable, but I don't think I will see anything different. It's been nice knowing you all up until this point. Universe willing, I will hopefully be posting about pregnancy again. Good luck to everyone :)

I'm definitely just going to have a hospital birth. Unfortunately I'm high risk so I won't be able to have a home birth and probably not at a birthing centre either. But I would like to at least try to go natural and maybe try alternative pain medications besides the epidural (I had a bad experience with a spinal once and would like to avoid it if possible). Sitting on a tub, using a shower, or bouncing on a ball are all options I would like to try. I'd also like to try birthing in a squatting position but I don't know if OBs will let you?

squatting would be interesting, probably a bit more comfortable than with your legs flying everywhere, also it would probably make the birth easier in a squatt xx

I've heard that squatting or on all fours are the best positions! I would try it if I don't wimp out and get an epidural again haha. I don't see why a doctor wouldn't let you deliver in a position you are comfortable in.

Sorry to hear Mamatex. Good luck and we're here for you ❤️

Hey ladies!! Just wanted to pop in and say goodbye. I went into my first appointment today and there was nothing in my uterus. It was empty. I managed to not cry until I got to the car. They want me to come back in a week to check for something to say the pregnancy is viable, but I don't think I will see anything different. It's been nice knowing you all up until this point. Universe willing, I will hopefully be posting about pregnancy again. Good luck to everyone :)

oh no!!! I'm so sorry MamaTex, hopefully you'll be back with better news at some point, i think i'm safe in saying love and hugs from all of us xxxx

Try not to labour on your back as you're working against gravity xx

Mamatex I'm so sorry to hear that Hun! X

Omg I'm so sorry hun :hugs: could it just be too early? Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->