2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

I didn't know you could have a miscarriage without any bleeding or cramping!! ahh, makes me twice as worried!!

Who else is pregnant for the first time? When is everyone getting their first appointments/tests/scans etc?

The birthing center I'm going with doesn't have their first appointment until 10 weeks. I kind of feel like this is too far away- they say I could do it earlier but they wouldn't be able to hear a heart beat or anything to confirm viability. What are other first time pregnant ladies doing to confirm viability?

Had initial bloodwork today, dating/viability ultrasound is Aug 1st @ 9w3d. Followup appt for all that stuff with my Dr is Aug 7. Still waiting to hear from midwives to see if I am in with one, more than likely I am on a waiting list for all 4 groups in my area. Dr said that she passes me off to either an OB or midwife at 15 weeks.

I didn't know you could have a miscarriage without any bleeding or cramping!! ahh, makes me twice as worried!!

Who else is pregnant for the first time? When is everyone getting their first appointments/tests/scans etc?

The birthing center I'm going with doesn't have their first appointment until 10 weeks. I kind of feel like this is too far away- they say I could do it earlier but they wouldn't be able to hear a heart beat or anything to confirm viability. What are other first time pregnant ladies doing to confirm viability?

Had initial bloodwork today, dating/viability ultrasound is Aug 1st @ 9w3d. Followup appt for all that stuff with my Dr is Aug 7. Still waiting to hear from midwives to see if I am in with one, more than likely I am on a waiting list for all 4 groups in my area. Dr said that she passes me off to either an OB or midwife at 15 weeks.

Thanks, I think my actual appointment is on August 4th & I'll be 9w1d but we were thinking of changing it to 10 weeks so we could hear the heartbeat. I had an hcg on July 2nd - wondering if I should just get another one to easy my anxiety & then wait patiently for the 10 week heartbeat appointment.

I'm a first-timer and I'm SOOOO nervous! Tomorrow is my first scan (6 weeks exactly) and I'm praying for a heartbeat so I can relax a little. Because I'm high risk they got me in early, otherwise my OB doesn't scan until 8 weeks. I was also really nervous and had a clinic order 2 rounds of HCG tests, plus my GP ordered one on Monday. I am hoping they can find a heartbeat and confirm viability tomorrow... my HCG was 2900 at 5 weeks 3 days (55 hour doubling time from my second test), I believe anything between 48-72 hours is good... all of these stupid things I never knew about with levels and stuff have just made me more nervous and obsessed!

i'm a first time mum :), i've got an initial appointment tomorrow, to do bloods and things, then i'll get an early scan because i have such irregular periods (my last one being february) to work out my proper due date, although i think i'm fairly accurate :)

I'm also a first timer. I have my first appointment with the midwife next Tuesday. That was the earliest she could fit me in. But there's no rush really. I won't get a scan for a while yet anyway, approximately 12 weeks. I guess I won't really know if everything's ok before then. So just hoping for the best. Trying to be positive. But honestly I just don't feel pregnant.

arg! I wish I could just sit back & be more positive! I really just need to chill & enjoy living life- no matter the outcome!!

...but I really want a baby to hold on March 7th!!!

It's normal to be tentative especially with your first or if you've had previous losses but try an enjoy as you won't get this time back and worrying wont change the eventual outcome! X

I haven't been to the doctors yet! X

cool i don't feel so bad now haha :D xx

It's normal to not see a midwife until 8 weeks and GPs in our area don't see pregnant women anymore (the receptionist just gives you a form to fax over to antinatal)

the thing is i don't know how far i am really, i had a really strong positive on the 27th of June, but because i haven't had a period since February i could be a lot further than i think, i just don't know haha

MamaTex, I'm so sorry. :(:(:(

I've also had no symptoms, except a twinge in my breasts here and there, and I'm a little hungrier than normal. I'm also having issues with constipation. But none of the traditional symptoms.

AAAAH so my parents have decided to come up for the weekend - we are SO not ready to tell them. I want to wait until at least my birthday in late August to tell anyone! The problem is that they will expect me to have a beer with them. The best thing I've come up with so far is a white lie that I'm taking a medication that will interact with the alcohol. I hate lying, but I'm just not ready to tell them.

I'm a sweet pea today!

I've also had no symptoms, except a twinge in my breasts here and there, and I'm a little hungrier than normal. I'm also having issues with constipation. But none of the traditional symptoms.

AAAAH so my parents have decided to come up for the weekend - we are SO not ready to tell them. I want to wait until at least my birthday in late August to tell anyone! The problem is that they will expect me to have a beer with them. The best thing I've come up with so far is a white lie that I'm taking a medication that will interact with the alcohol. I hate lying, but I'm just not ready to tell them.

I'm a sweet pea today!

You may want to research medications cause she might be extra nosey & then ask what medication you are taking!

I'm a sweet pea today!

Pretty sure you're not supposed to drink alcohol with antibiotics... just tell her you got a stupid ear infection or something...

It's normal to be tentative especially with your first or if you've had previous losses but try an enjoy as you won't get this time back and worrying wont change the eventual outcome! X

you are so right! But the planner in me is being super anxious! I like to have everything planned out & not having a reassurance of our future right now is causing major concerns! I just sent my midwife a message asking if it's possible to have an early scan at 6-7 weeks & what my out of pocket costs would be for that. I just need some reassurance that I can go forward with planning life for this baby! I don't have any risk factors so they might say no. We'll see.

Will the scan completely stop you worrying, do you think? If so, then go for it! you might just keep on worrying afterwards too! Maye try and address the worry head on! Any idea what would make you feel better (getting to a certain gestation or hearing the heart beat or is it more within you, IYKWIM)

I'm a sweet pea today!

Pretty sure you're not supposed to drink alcohol with antibiotics... just tell her you got a stupid ear infection or something...

The antibiotics and alcohol thing is a myth, I think eek!

I'm a sweet pea today!

The antibiotics and alcohol thing is a myth, I think eek!

some of them still request that you don't drink alcohol

Will the scan completely stop you worrying, do you think? If so, then go for it! you might just keep on worrying afterwards too! Maye try and address the worry head on! Any idea what would make you feel better (getting to a certain gestation or hearing the heart beat or is it more within you, IYKWIM)

I think it will help me know that up to this point everything is fine- that it's not an ectopic or molar & that there is a viable baby in there! Then I should be fine until we hear the heartbeat at 10 weeks! At least I think! hah!

I also havent seen a dr yet. Ill get more blood work on monday, and hopefully an early scan next week where ill be 6 weeks and a few days. This will be my second child, although i did have an early loss prior to getting pregnant with her. I hope we all have successful pregnancies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->