2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

Thanks for that dan-o, very reassuring :hugs:

I'm 28, will be 29 on March 10th. It's anyone's guess on how old I'll be when the baby is born :haha:

Twins do not run on either side of our families either but this is pregnancy number 8 for me and I've heard that the more pregnancies you have, the higher the chance gets? I don't know how true that is but eek! I'm not sure where I would put 2 babies, and we would definitely need a new car too.

I just turned 35 on sat! I was feeling old too :wacko: I don't have much to report, I retested with fmu and still got 1-2 weeks so I'm just going to not think about tests at all! I'm hoping I have a sticky bean and I'm just going to try and relax. Glad I have my scan on the 30th instead of the 10 week scan they suggested. I will update if anything changes.

Welcome new gals!

Ah it's so hard to keep up with this thread! So nice to have so many ladies to go through this together with though, especially as it's my first! Twins run on both sides for me & DH plus this was my first cycle after the pill and I know in some cases you can pop out 2 eggs as your body adjusts. We've joked about it as my back is already killing me & I'm so tired. DH thinks it would be cool, me not so much, esp as I'll need to work up until the last minute for us to be ok financially!

No sore boobs here either. Anyone else already not able to sleep though? It's like I'm exhausted but then I lay down finally and can't sleep and wake up tossing and turning and going from sweating to freezing every hour! I'm only 4 weeks today, I can't take 8 months of not sleeping!

Ah it's so hard to keep up with this thread! So nice to have so many ladies to go through this together with though, especially as it's my first! Twins run on both sides for me & DH plus this was my first cycle after the pill and I know in some cases you can pop out 2 eggs as your body adjusts. We've joked about it as my back is already killing me & I'm so tired. DH thinks it would be cool, me not so much, esp as I'll need to work up until the last minute for us to be ok financially!

No sore boobs here either. Anyone else already not able to sleep though? It's like I'm exhausted but then I lay down finally and can't sleep and wake up tossing and turning and going from sweating to freezing every hour! I'm only 4 weeks today, I can't take 8 months of not sleeping!

Let's be bump buddies! I'm due a day before you :)

Let's be bump buddies! I'm due a day before you :)

Awesome!! How are things for you so far?

I'm 29.. will be 30 when this baby arrives.

My SIL has two sets of spontaneous twins. One g/g set and one b/g set.

I thought nausea was the worst symptom you could have. My god was a wrong. Help me ladies.
I keep getting the worst headaches & migraines which are crippling me. I feel like I've been hit round the back of the head with a baseball bat.

Help, please! How do I make it stop/at least get a bit less intense.

god i think i'm the youngest which is a bit worrying!! i'm 19 until September 2nd :)

I thought nausea was the worst symptom you could have. My god was a wrong. Help me ladies.
I keep getting the worst headaches & migraines which are crippling me. I feel like I've been hit round the back of the head with a baseball bat.

Help, please! How do I make it stop/at least get a bit less intense.

my sister is a pharmacist and says that cocodamol is safe in most early pregnancies, but check with your gp as there may be specific reasons you can't take it, hopefully it will help a little bit.

also take it VERY sparingly, as cocodamol can be a bit addictive, never for more than 3 days unless prescribed by a doctor and not after 27 weeks pregnant.

I'm secretly HOPING for twins!! Kind of a funny story- on New Years day, first thing in the morning I was making fried eggs & just happened to open an egg that had 2 yolks in it. I posted the picture to Facebook & asked what this means for New Years Day- figured it had to be some sort of sign! I had several friends chime in that I would be pregnant with twins by the end of the year- haha! We shall see!

But twins don't run on either side of me or my husbands family, so I kind of doubt it will happen- but who knows!

Now I have an aversion to eggs!

Also- glad to see so many 30 somethings on there! I'll be 32 in September.

Twins are only passed down from the mother's side, because your DH's family doesn't have any genetic contribution to how many eggs you drop. Learned that from my doctor when he asked if twins ran in my family (because I was on Clomid) and I mentioned DH's family :haha:

I'm secretly HOPING for twins!! Kind of a funny story- on New Years day, first thing in the morning I was making fried eggs & just happened to open an egg that had 2 yolks in it. I posted the picture to Facebook & asked what this means for New Years Day- figured it had to be some sort of sign! I had several friends chime in that I would be pregnant with twins by the end of the year- haha! We shall see!

But twins don't run on either side of me or my husbands family, so I kind of doubt it will happen- but who knows!

Twins are only passed down from the mother's side, because your DH's family doesn't have any genetic contribution to how many eggs you drop. Learned that from my doctor when he asked if twins ran in my family (because I was on Clomid) and I mentioned DH's family :haha:

That's only if you have fraternal twins which occurs when you release two eggs. Identical twins occur when one fertilized egg splits.

Apparently the older you are, the more common it is to have more than one egg released as well. I really don't want twins. One more is plenty for me!!!

my sister is a pharmacist and says that cocodamol is safe in most early pregnancies, but check with your gp as there may be specific reasons you can't take it, hopefully it will help a little bit.

also take it VERY sparingly, as cocodamol can be a bit addictive, never for more than 3 days unless prescribed by a doctor and not after 27 weeks pregnant.

Thank you so much for your help! I'm going to ring up and speak to my GP. I'm a bit cautious with painkillers due to a MMC last time but I can't cope with this pain.

I'm 21 and will be 22 by the time baby is here.

I would love twins! My dad is a twin and my OH was a twin but his sibling sadly died at birth. My aunty also has twins.
I guess I'll find out on Thursday! Changed my private scan from 8 weeks to 7 +1. I'm just too impatient.

I don't wish to have twins please, thank you!

Do we have any twins yet? x

Ha ha, nor do I this time, would have liked them as my first or second but right now twins would be chaos and we'd need a new car lol :haha:

And nope, none yet, but I'm sure there will be! :D

I'm with you on that. I mean, twins would be *cute* but way too much work! (And we wouldn't need a new car. But still. TOO MUCH WORK.)

I mean, I'd take them if they're twins, but not even a tiny part of me is wishing for two.

From what I've read, only fraternal twins run in the maternal line. There is *nothing* genetic about identical twins. They split or don't. :) So maybe you'll get identical! Good luck.

Morning ladies! I'll be 32 in December :) It's pretty cool that there's an almost 20 year span of ages here, but we're still on this same journey together with the same experiences and the same hopes and the same fears.

I've always loved the idea of twins, since I was a little kid. The reality is kind of terrifying. I think if we had twins DH would have a heart attack. Thankfully there are no signs that there's more than one in there.

I felt a little bit queasy after eating on Sunday, and it was worse after dinner yesterday. I'm really hoping it doesn't get any worse than it was last night. I'm going to have to try small meals, I guess.

I haven't been too crazy hormonal, I don't think, but DH is in a bad mood because he didn't sleep well, and I have zero patience for it. I'm ready to send him out to live in the garage today ;)

That's good to know because my BF's side has THREE sets of twins!

More spotting this morning. Definitely more than I've had. Slight cramping too. I have another beta tomorrow. Does anyone know what are causes of bleeding but rising hcg levels?

Also, AF was due either today or tomorrow...

It could be a cyst that burst, or from implantation, or it could be something irritating your cervix. Those are just the ones I can think of offhand, I'm sure there are more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->