2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

I normally like watching one born. But avoiding it now as it's just scary to think I'll have to go through that

Ladies, i need some advice please! One of my best friends and her husband have been trying for a little one for a few months. Last month she sadly had a chemical and this month she is also a negative. At the weekend one of her good friends had a little girl and she was talking to me about it asking when was it going to be her turn etc. I dont usually keep things from her & vice versa but i feel like i cant tell her because of her situation at the moment. I am only 6 weeks tomorrow so was thinking of telling her when weve had a scan and know everything is ok with our little one. What would you do? How would you bring it up? xx

When is your scan? Maybe she will have had her BFP by the time you have your scan. Very tough situation :nope:

Ladies, i need some advice please! One of my best friends and her husband have been trying for a little one for a few months. Last month she sadly had a chemical and this month she is also a negative. At the weekend one of her good friends had a little girl and she was talking to me about it asking when was it going to be her turn etc. I dont usually keep things from her & vice versa but i feel like i cant tell her because of her situation at the moment. I am only 6 weeks tomorrow so was thinking of telling her when weve had a scan and know everything is ok with our little one. What would you do? How would you bring it up? xx

How long is a few months? If they've only been trying for like 3 months- I would just reassure her that it can take several months for some couples to get pregnant. Is she on this forum? I really think this forum was really beneficially into me getting my BFP so soon - just lots of advice & stuff! But If it's been longer- like 12 months or so then I would probably be more empathetic to her situation. It's your time right now & you shouldn't be afraid or feel guilty to share this exciting news with your friends! She will have her time! Someone else may offer different advice but thats kind of how I feel about it! But do share when you feel ready to share, whether that is now or after your first scan!

This is a difficult one. I'm guessing if you usually don't keep things from her she knew you were trying? In which case at least it won't be a huge surprise. Think your best just being upfront. There isn't really an easy way to do it. Hopefully it will happen for her soon and you can have your babies together. I think it would be really nice having a close friend have a baby at the same time.

I've found that friends tend to get pregnant together, at least it's how it's been for me both times prior to this one. I would personally tell her... If she loves you she'll be happier for you than she is sad for herself. I think I would be more hurt and upset as your friend to think you couldn't talk to me and kept it from me... Good luck x

Omg I feel old now :haha: I'm 37.. And a half.. Lol

Haha me too! I'm 33 this year. Oh to be 21 again!

I'll be 33 this October! I thought I was probably the oldest one here :)

Oooh what date? I'm October also! x

23rd :)

Hahaha ME TOO! x

YAY! Birthday buddies :)

I will be 31 on Oct. 23rd! I'll be birthday buddies with you! :happydance:

I've found that friends tend to get pregnant together, at least it's how it's been for me both times prior to this one. I would personally tell her... If she loves you she'll be happier for you than she is sad for herself. I think I would be more hurt and upset as your friend to think you couldn't talk to me and kept it from me... Good luck x

I agree, we have been trying for 3 years to get pregnant...then about two months ago my best friend and her husband decided to start trying and they got pregnant right away. Now we are 6 weeks apart and I couldn't be happier to have a friend to go through this journey with. Along with all of you ladies! :flower:

I would just talk to her. I know it was tough for my bestie to tell me, knowing we have been TTC for 3 years, but I was so happy for her. Your friend should be for you, too!

Hahaha ME TOO! x

Wow, what a popular day! :)

27 here but feel much older. I consider myself in the 'almost 30 club' as well.lol

There's a thrift store in between my house and my brother and SIL's house, so SIL and I just met for lunch and shopping. None of my jeans are comfortable right now, so I checked out their maternity section and found 2 pairs of pants for $5 that I think will help. I'll probably need to stick to loose tops with them because the underbelly band hits me in a weird place, but it felt so wasteful to buy regular jeans in a bigger size.

We checked out books, too, and she was telling me about a book for dads that she wanted to get my DH, because they'd just donated my brother's copy. We found their actual copy on the shelf, complete with my brother's beer stain, so she bought it for him. Hilarious!

Hahaha ME TOO! x

You're just one day older than me! :)

28 on the 5th August... 30 is creeping up to me!! Lol

I'm just a few weeks younger than you. 28 on the 26th August.

That was my actual due date! I was early! Lol x

27 here but feel much older. I consider myself in the 'almost 30 club' as well.lol

28 on the 5th August... 30 is creeping up to me!! Lol

Imsotired! I'm sure I remember you from pregnant with DD! Hi and congrats xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"