2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

Sounds like a good deal, but I'm in Canada so not sure what the difference in prices are. Never too early to start stocking up! I just wouldn't buy that many newborn sized diapers.... chances are they won't fit in those long.

I was thinking the size 2 might last for 3 months? It says 12-18 pounds for that size?

I am trying to be optimistic, I really am... but that you ladies are all seeing heartbeats even before 6 weeks, and at 6+0 I didn't see one... I'm so nervous/worried! Even though everyone is telling me it's normal and that at 8 weeks I will see it on the u/s, I can't help but worry. I have no spotting or anything though, and my yolk sac was shaped exactly round and my gestational sac measured properly... Anyone have any advice?

We aren't buying anything until we find out the gender. If it's a boy we will need clothing and bedding, a few other things. If it's a girl we may just need a handful of things. And of course diapers. I have a toddler so I kept all of her clothing, everything but a few things I needed to toss out. I may do holiday and birthday shopping early though, and but my post pregnancy stuff sooner than later, because once I find out the gender I know I'll be focused on making sure I'm prepared for baby. I want to stay as calm as possible and do things as I go along.

Also thinking of starting to transition toddler to a big bed. If I start slowly, I think I should have her out of the crib by the time baby gets here? Regardless baby will be sleeping in our room for six months or so, as our daughter did. I'd like to have her potty trained as well but I'm not holding my breath. One thing at a time!

This nausea is nearing unbearable and I feel so weak that I can barely pick up my toddler. I don't think the GP would prescribe anything since I'm not actually vomiting. I just feel on the verge of vomiting, 24/7.

Today I've managed to eat some plain crackers, two pieces of white bread and a banana. Oh, and a handful of polos. Hardly enough food to keep me sustained.. Everything makes my stomach churn.

I am going to try and pick up some ginger root capsules tomorrow and give those a try. And pick up some lemon drops to suck.

Nausea is definitely worse this time around. It was bad the first time, but this time it's horrendous.

Ugh, I'm so sorry to hear! I would maybe still try calling your GP. Worth a shot.

How far along where you when it started?

It started from about 4 weeks, a day before I found out. I started with sickness really early last time around too.

:cry:

Sounds like a good deal, but I'm in Canada so not sure what the difference in prices are. Never too early to start stocking up! I just wouldn't buy that many newborn sized diapers.... chances are they won't fit in those long.

I was thinking the size 2 might last for 3 months? It says 12-18 pounds for that size?

I know my daughter was in 3's for a long time. She is now in 4's. I would get a few boxes of each but I, personally, would avoid nb diapers. My daughter didn't even wear them because with the umbilical cord she wore size 1's folded down. And newborn's poop like volcanos so they could use a little room as long as it's tightened properly. We rarely had leaks and my daughter was born 7lb, 7.5oz. We'll be going straight to size 1's this time too. I don't remember her being in size 2's very long though. My rule of thumb is generally move her up when she is at or around the minimum weight of the next size. That's all my opinion though, you'll see what works for you when you get there.

We aren't buying anything until we find out the gender. If it's a boy we will need clothing and bedding, a few other things. If it's a girl we may just need a handful of things. And of course diapers. I have a toddler so I kept all of her clothing, everything but a few things I needed to toss out. I may do holiday and birthday shopping early though, and but my post pregnancy stuff sooner than later, because once I find out the gender I know I'll be focused on making sure I'm prepared for baby. I want to stay as calm as possible and do things as I go along.

Also thinking of starting to transition toddler to a big bed. If I start slowly, I think I should have her out of the crib by the time baby gets here? Regardless baby will be sleeping in our room for six months or so, as our daughter did. I'd like to have her potty trained as well but I'm not holding my breath. One thing at a time!

When you say sleeping in the room with you, does that mean in your bed? Or in a bedside bassinet? I was curious as to how long most babies can stay in those! My husband is very against sleeping with baby due to the risk of suffocation.

I am trying to be optimistic, I really am... but that you ladies are all seeing heartbeats even before 6 weeks, and at 6+0 I didn't see one... I'm so nervous/worried! Even though everyone is telling me it's normal and that at 8 weeks I will see it on the u/s, I can't help but worry. I have no spotting or anything though, and my yolk sac was shaped exactly round and my gestational sac measured properly... Anyone have any advice?

That sac was measuring right on track is a great thing! Maybe you will see heartbeat at next scan!? I think with my daughter I saw heartbeat at 6w6d and I'm hoping at my appt tomorrow the doc makes a future scan appt because I'm sure it's a bit too early to see it now, where I'm at. Hang in there. I'm hoping everything is just fine for you!:hugs:

I can only imagine your frustration right now & I'm sure the best reassurance is finally seeing that heartbeat! But I did find an article for you! I hope it helps!

"Week 6 – Gestational Age (Fetal Age 4 Weeks)

5 ½ to 6 ½ weeks is usually a very good time to detect either a fetal pole or even a fetal heart beat by vaginal ultrasound. The fetal pole is the first visible sign of a developing embryo. This pole structure actually has some curve to it with the embryo’s head at one end and what looks like a tail at the other end. The fetal pole now allows for crown to rump measurements (CRL) to be taken, so that pregnancy dating can be a bit more accurate. The fetal pole may be seen at a crown-rump length (CRL) of 2-4mm, and the heartbeat may be seen as a regular flutter when the CRL has reached 5mm.

If a vaginal ultrasound is done and no fetal pole or cardiac activity is seen, another ultrasound scan should be done in 3-7 days. Due to the fact that pregnancy dating can be wrong, it would be much too early at this point to make a clear diagnosis on the outcome of the pregnancy."

From: https://americanpregnancy.org/pregnancycomplications/earlyfetaldevelopment.htm

They did see a fetal pole, correct? and the doctor said your developmental size was fine? Could it be that your dates are off & maybe your closer to 5.5 weeks? Just keep in mind that everyone develops differently & there could have also been something obstructing the ultrasound from picking up the heartbeat- technology isn't 100% reliable!

In my opinion the doctor should has reassured you before doing the US that there is a possibility that you wouldn't be able to see that heartbeat & that is normal at this stage.

My ds2 went through that size so fast! I bought loads cheap on amazon, still have about 200 left!! Been keeping them 'just in case' he he!

Don't worry! It's still really early and not everyone sees a heartbeat just yet. My OB doesn't even do a scan or first visit until 8-10 weeks.

When you say sleeping in the room with you, does that mean in your bed? Or in a bedside bassinet? I was curious as to how long most babies can stay in those! My husband is very against sleeping with baby due to the risk of suffocation.

Baby will be sleeping in a bassinet, pack n'play with bassinet feature, cradle, something next to our bed. My daughter first slept in a little rock n' play but then they were recalled for something and I got paranoid so I moved her to a pack' n' play. I think the weight limit was 15lbs for the bassinet feature on the pack n play and she hadn't reached that by the time I moved her to her crib at 5 1/2 months. She slept wonderfully in her crib when I finally moved her, by the way. So much better than she had in our room. It was more for my piece of mind, and breastfeeding, that she was so close to me in our room. No, she didn't sleep in our bed because I was afraid she'd suffocate or fall out.

I had an ultrasound at 6+1, I think it was, and only saw a gestational sac and yolk sac, no heartbeat! Went back at 7+4 and there was a heartbeat :D

As far as age, I'm 30, will be 31 by the time baby comes (birthday in January).

I have 2 girls already, one will be 3 in less than a month, and the other will be 2 in November. Exhaustion hit me yesterday and these kiddos will not let me rest. Currently trying to potty train biggest so she's keeping me on my toes. Lots of accidents so far.

I kept both my girls in our room for the first six months or so also (in pack n play/bassinet). I just like having them close. This little one will be the same. :)

I can only imagine your frustration right now & I'm sure the best reassurance is finally seeing that heartbeat! But I did find an article for you! I hope it helps!

"Week 6 – Gestational Age (Fetal Age 4 Weeks)

5 ½ to 6 ½ weeks is usually a very good time to detect either a fetal pole or even a fetal heart beat by vaginal ultrasound. The fetal pole is the first visible sign of a developing embryo. This pole structure actually has some curve to it with the embryo’s head at one end and what looks like a tail at the other end. The fetal pole now allows for crown to rump measurements (CRL) to be taken, so that pregnancy dating can be a bit more accurate. The fetal pole may be seen at a crown-rump length (CRL) of 2-4mm, and the heartbeat may be seen as a regular flutter when the CRL has reached 5mm.

If a vaginal ultrasound is done and no fetal pole or cardiac activity is seen, another ultrasound scan should be done in 3-7 days. Due to the fact that pregnancy dating can be wrong, it would be much too early at this point to make a clear diagnosis on the outcome of the pregnancy."

From: https://americanpregnancy.org/pregnancycomplications/earlyfetaldevelopment.htm

They did see a fetal pole, correct? and the doctor said your developmental size was fine? Could it be that your dates are off & maybe your closer to 5.5 weeks? Just keep in mind that everyone develops differently & there could have also been something obstructing the ultrasound from picking up the heartbeat- technology isn't 100% reliable!

No I had no fetal pole either. And I know my conception date 100%... they also ordered a repeat in 2 weeks, not 3-7 days. No one seemed concerned though, only me. They just told me it was likely too early... I have my next u/s in 9 days and am terrified it will be a MMC...

We had a bedside bassinet for our daughter. I am very paranoid about bedsharing with a newborn as well!

Is it too soon to start buying diapers? This promotion popped up in my email box today- any current parents know if it's actually a good one? I really have NO IDEA how much diapers go for! About $37 for 216 pampers diapers?

https://www.diapers.com/p/pampers-swaddlers-diapers-economy-plus-case-917134

I found a coop doing newborn cloth diapers at $3.50 a piece. I didn't want to buy anything too early, but that's too good of a deal to pass up, IMO. So yeah, I ordered some. Woo!

Sounds like everyone is doing well and I love that we are starting to see cute little scan photos! I cannot wait for mine - 2 weeks yesterday so I really am counting down the days but I am 'on call' for my job this weekend and have a trip home to Scotland for the commonwealth games next weekend so hopefully time will fly!

As for age - you are all babies and make me feel very old! I am 35 and will be 36 by the time baby arrives - seriously over the hill compared to you ladies.

x

Nope I'm still wearing the old cap at 37, will be 38 before my due date!

Hi all just wanted to give you an update after the bleeding at the beginning of the week I went for my scan today. Everything was fine actually not as far gone as I thought so must have ovulated later - now 5 weeks and 6 days but we got to see a heartbeat which was amazing.

No more scans needed until 12 weeks. Nurse didn't seem alarmed by bleeding they just asked whether there were any clots or tissue.

So I'm back a week now so no longer a blueberry :-( but baby is now due on 12th - the day after my late fathers in laws birthday. It would be so special if the baby came on the 11th

Fabulous news, so pleased all is well! Changed your EDD on the front page x

Ladies who have experienced bleeding.
I went to the bathroom today and there was a peachy color on the tissue. Seem normal?
I called my OB anyway and was told to watch for clots and red blood. I had a mini panic but I'm ok now. They're bringing me in for an US tomorrow. Been feeling like crap for the past few hours. I'm soo tired. My belly feels gassy.

I think about half of us have had spotting at some point now, what is going on with this group?! Bet it's fine tho, if your not bleeding it shouldn't be anything to worry about at all. Good luck for your scan tomorrow, hope you get a pic x

It started from about 4 weeks, a day before I found out. I started with sickness really early last time around too.

:cry:

Oh hun, it does sound awful. I hope it doesn't last for too long :hugs:

Ask if your uterus is retroverted. Seriously, they've shown that it's much harder to see the fetal pole on retroverted uteri early, and it's common enough to be retroverted that they don't always tell you.

At 6+1 with my daughter, they didn't even see a yolk sac for me. 2 weeks later, fantastic little bean with heartbeat and all. Don't stress yet. :)

I had an ultrasound at 6+1, I think it was, and only saw a gestational sac and yolk sac, no heartbeat! Went back at 7+4 and there was a heartbeat :D

Thanks Chelsea that makes me feel a lot better!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->