2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

I don't cloth diaper because I'm lazy like that, but I was going to say the same about the poosplosions. Get to them quickly in the wash and they'll be fine! I imagine diapers are the same way.

Also not that I have any interest, but they do sell reusable cloth menstrual pads.

I don't cloth diaper because I'm lazy like that, but I was going to say the same about the poosplosions. Get to them quickly in the wash and they'll be fine! I imagine diapers are the same way.

Also not that I have any interest, but they do sell reusable cloth menstrual pads.

cannot stand pads anyway, just annoying things, much prefer a tampon haha xx

I understand everyone had their issues with things. I've become much less weak stomached since having babies. Potty on the floor (happening a lot lately)? No problem. Fountains of spit up? No problem. Poosplosions? Bring it on, lol.

Wow, I haven't been on the board much in the last week. I was pretty anxious waiting for my u/s due to my history of early losses, so I stayed away for a bit. Now I can't even begin to catch up!

So, I had my ultrasound today and got good news! Baby measured 7 weeks, 1 day, and the heart rate was 122. Everything was looking good. :) After all the losses I've had, I was steeling myself for bad news and not letting myself get excited, but now I can relax somewhat.

i'm really sorry, but i cant see the appeal of cloth diapers. i think they are abit disgusting really, like i wouldn't keep a pair of underwear if i had shat in them haha, not that i would shit myself but you get the idea. i dunno i just think that its so much more hygienic to get disposable ones,

i guess i consider them to be like sanitary products, i wouldn't just wash and reuse my tampons...

It definitely saves a lotttt of money, but I'm with you. I don't want my kids wearing poo stained undergarments. & how do you clean the poo off anyway? I'm actually really curious.

You throw it in the washing machine?

Do you know how many blowouts newborns have in disposables? I guarantee you that you will get poosplosions out the back of the diaper that almost reach their hair. It'll happen in the cutest outfit you own for them on the day you forgot to pack a change of clothes. It's practically guaranteed.

And you'll throw your adorable outfit in the washing machine, because there is no reason to get rid of it just because a bit of poo got on it. It washes right out.

And that's what happens with diapers. It washes right out. You wouldn't throw away their clothes, why throw away diapers?

the thing is i would /: i have a big issue with poo, nothing is ever clean enough again if its been smothered in poo... i'm afraid its rubber gloves for nappy changing for me... wee is fine, spit is fine, snot is fine, its literally poo i have an issue with

ah! Everybody poops! & you'll get use to it right away & find the gloves to be more of a hassle than what they are worth! Especially in the newborn stage when they poop about 10-20 minutes after each feeding- which depending on the newborn can be every 2-3 hours!!

Oh yes I hate pads too. Tampons are so much better. I was entertaining the idea of getting a moon cup before I found out I was pregnant.

i'm really sorry, but i cant see the appeal of cloth diapers. i think they are abit disgusting really, like i wouldn't keep a pair of underwear if i had shat in them haha, not that i would shit myself but you get the idea. i dunno i just think that its so much more hygienic to get disposable ones,

i guess i consider them to be like sanitary products, i wouldn't just wash and reuse my tampons...

It definitely saves a lotttt of money, but I'm with you. I don't want my kids wearing poo stained undergarments. & how do you clean the poo off anyway? I'm actually really curious.

Do you know how many blowouts newborns have in disposables? I guarantee you that you will get poosplosions out the back of the diaper that almost reach their hair. It'll happen in the cutest outfit you own for them on the day you forgot to pack a change of clothes. It's practically guaranteed.

And you'll throw your adorable outfit in the washing machine, because there is no reason to get rid of it just because a bit of poo got on it. It washes right out.

And that's what happens with diapers. It washes right out. You wouldn't throw away their clothes, why throw away diapers?

the thing is i would /: i have a big issue with poo, nothing is ever clean enough again if its been smothered in poo... i'm afraid its rubber gloves for nappy changing for me... wee is fine, spit is fine, snot is fine, its literally poo i have an issue with

I feel like that about the gloves for poo diapers! I work in child care so I think the fact that we have to wear gloves for diaper changes at work it's in my head to do it... lol we shall see once baby M is here :)

You just throw in the wash poo and all? You don't clean it off? That's disgusting. If I sound ignorant to this, it's because I really am :wacko:

Also, what do you use for detergent? Because my son had some accidents back in the day in his underwear & no matter how many times I washed it, the stains didn't come out.

I use diaper wipes to get as much off of pooed on clothes as I can and then spray & wash and go thru the washing machine. I've heard that with bfing you can just throw poo diapers straight into the wash, but obviously as stated, I have no experience with that. Would ick me out too.

If I had the ambition I'd cloth diaper, but I don't. So more power to you ladies who can do it! Also the baby messes don't bother me. I worked in a daycare for years. Yes, we got to wear gloves when changing dirty diapers, but as you all know, diapers leak. I always had, spit up, vomit, boogers, or *insert other bodily fluid* on me at any given time (not to mention food...). So now changing my own child is like a cake walk. New mom's- you will get used to it. It's not as bad as all that.:winkwink:

If I had the ambition I'd cloth diaper, but I don't. So more power to you ladies who can do it! Also the baby messes don't bother me. I worked in a daycare for years. Yes, we got to wear gloves when changing dirty diapers, but as you all know, diapers leak. I always had, spit up, vomit, boogers, or *insert other bodily fluid* on me at any given time (not to mention food...). So now changing my own child is like a cake walk. New mom's- you will get used to it. It's not as bad as all that.:winkwink:

I think it's also a lot different when it's your own kid's bodily fluids.

And cloth diapers contain the poosplosions so much better than disposables!!!

I think it's also a lot different when it's your own kid's bodily fluids.

Exactly my point. It's a little less gross when you gave birth to the person it came out of....

I feel like that about the gloves for poo diapers! I work in child care so I think the fact that we have to wear gloves for diaper changes at work it's in my head to do it... lol we shall see once baby M is here :)

Lol, I think you will give up on gloves pretty quickly. Everything is different when it's your child. I am so easily grossed out by everything, especially boogers to the point where seeing someone pick their nose makes me gag... But I have no problem at all picking boogers out of my daughter 's nose! It's weird!

Cloth diapering isn't for everyone. If you're not really interested in it, it's definitely not worth trying.

Oh yes I hate pads too. Tampons are so much better. I was entertaining the idea of getting a moon cup before I found out I was pregnant.

OMG I bought a Diva Cup and used it for the last 3 days of my last cycle... was looking forward to using it this next cycle... well, I guess it's staying in the cupboard for the next year or so...

You're supposed to put the poop in the toilet and flush it. You're actually supposed to do that if you use disposable diapers too, at least in the US. I don't think most parents actually do that, though. ;) What's left on the diaper can go through the laundry, or you can use a sprayer to get even more of it off into the toilet. I didn't use cloth diapers when my daughter was a newborn, but from what I've heard and read, when the baby is exclusively breastfed, their poop is so soft and water soluble that you don't need to worry about rinsing and it can go right in the laundry after you plop what you can into the toilet.

I'm having a pretty rough day. DH has been in Georgia working for two weeks and was supposed to come home Friday, but it doesn't look like he'll be coming home until Tuesday now :cry: on top of that, I still have zilch for symptoms. Nothing has returned. No boob soreness, no nausea, I'm not even tired anymore :nope: I feel like Tuesday is just so far away and I'm dreading it at the same time because I don't want to hear bad news. My second loss was 7+3 weeks, and that's what I'll be tomorrow. I tried my Doppler today and couldn't find anything, not even the placenta sound. just feel like I need to have a good cry.

Sorry you're so worried chelsealynn. I hope your symptoms come back with a bang tomorrow. Here's to exhaustion and puking! For what it's worth, I don't think you're supposed to be able to hear much on a doppler until 10 weeks or more.

I've never had any staining in any of my cloth diapers. Breastfed poop is so easy to get off. I have a diaper sprayer connected to my toilet and it comes off in less than 2 seconds. I use Tide powder and have never had any issue.

For me- the chemicals inside of disposables, and the fact that they take SO many year to disintegrate into a landfill, are of more of a concern than the cleanliness of cloth. I've never had stink or staining issues for what it's worth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->