2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

I'm trying to figure out where I'll deliver. I loved the hospital where I gave birth to my daughter, but we've moved, so now it's about a 50 minute drive. I don't know if I want to drive that far. With my first, my labor was about 4 1/2 hours total, from first contraction to birth, but they say that the second one often goes a lot faster. There's a closer hospital that's about 25-30 minutes away, and the roads to get to it are bigger, more major roads. (May be important, since the beginning of March is very much winter around here, and we might be going in the middle of the night.) There is also a birth center that's about 10 minutes away, which I am going to take a tour of this afternoon. It sounds really nice, but I want to know more about it before I make my decision. Also, you go home from the birth center the same day - I can't decide if I like that idea or not.

I live in a tiny town that is about 45 minutes away from all of the surrounding hospitals that deliver babies. It won't matter where I go, but plenty of people from here have had the same situation, and I'm sure have made it fine.

What # baby will this be for all of you?

This will be #3 for me, I figured I would feel bloated or something but I don't really feel bloated or bigger at all. Anyone else not seeing a change in their waistline much?

This will be #2 for me. I kept thinking it was strange that I don't feel bloated like I did before. Well, not very often, anyway. Sometimes my pants for work feel a little tight, but I haven't put on any weight yet, so I guess there must be a little bloating going on! It's definitely not a dramatic difference.

#3 for me. Had no bloating with #1 DS. Swelled up as soon as I saw the 2nd line with DD. Same this time but no weight gain. Going to make the effort not to put 3st on this time lol x

I also live a good distance from my hospital. It's more like 35-40 minutes because of the interstate, but they are tearing up the exits at my hospital and it could be really bad by the time I deliver. Plus, add the fact that we had one of the worst winters in history last January and February, and I am more than a little nervous about it. We are out in the country and one of the last to be plowed. This past February, I was stuck at home for 3 days because the snow was so high I couldn't even get out in my AWD. :dohh: With my due date being 3/2, I am expecting to end up having a February baby. My sister went overdue with both of her boys with no signs of progressing towards labor. She was induced on her due date with one and a week past with the other. My situation is different though. I'll be 37, plus I have borderline blood pressure and have recently been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. (thanks PCOS!) So I have a feeling they won't let me go to 40 weeks. If that's the case, then likely the whole thing will be very well planned out and there will be no delivering in the car! :haha:

This is my first pregnancy, so no kids yet. However, I've had a huge hand in raising my nieces and nephews. I'm definitely their 'second mommy,' even my brothers and sister call me that. My oldest niece (23) is pregnant and due in September.

I also Labour fast wen I gave birth to dd we only just made it to the hospital that was 20min at most away lol from pain of Labour startin to delivering was an hour and your 2nd is meant to be even quicker lol our whole family are very fertile and fast as giving birth. I had originally planned a home birth with dd but wasn't keen on one the midwives so went hosp instead lol think that was a bad decision lol so I'm defo havin home birth this time. This is #2 for me

Thanks for the welcome. This thread sure moves fast with posts but its nice to see so many of us sharing this journey.

I am tempted to use cloth nappies this time round. The extra washing always put me off as I can never keep up with my washload at the moment never mind an extra set of clothes to wash and nappies. So we shall see.

I've seen that video that is mentioned and I too worry that will be me. My first labour was very slow but my last 3 happened very quickly especially the boys (I was induced with them). This time round I hope to avoid induction but that means potentially giving birth at home or in a car on the way to the hospital. I would of liked to have a home birth but due to complications with the birth of youngest its out of the question :(

Morning sickness has already kicked in for me and I'm only 11dpo. Usually doesn't kick in til around the 6 week mark. Thankfully so far its just nausea but I know once those levels rise high the toilet will be come my best friend and I will find myself begging my doctor for the same tablets I took in my previous pregnancies to stop it. I don't mind though as its certainly more then worth it :) x

This is baby #2 for me :)

I'm feeling mega bloated already, and feel like I'm showing already! Having difficulties with clothes which didn't happen this early last time!!

I definitely have some bloat and the top of my abdomen feels hard after I eat and my stomach is full. But, I still have a bit of baby belly up front from my first two.

We are 35 mins from the hospital I will deliver at. I had long labors with both kids but also had borderline GD so when I went in with contractions they just admitted me. When my DS was ready to come out I only had to give 2 pushes and he popped out. With DD I pushed for about 45 mins.

My hospital is only five minutes away. My last labor was three hours from start to finish. I'm sure I can get to the hospital on time, but probably won't be there long before baby comes.

This is #3 for me.

Baby number 3 for me also :cloud9: Have 2 boys, just turned 3 and 15m.

My boating goes up and down depending on what awful things I decide to eat. After half a jar of olives on Tuesday night, I looked similar to 30w size with ds2 lol! I knew it would ruin me but I just couldn't stop eating the damn things :haha:

This is #2 for me. My first labor was 12 hours. But I have heard the second can go much quicker. That's why I'm nervous!

Chelsea, what's the good scan place in Chicago that you know? I'm not planning to get a private scan, but it's good to have a recommendation anyway. I'm spending this weekend in Michigan with the family, I'll wave as I pass you by ;)

First baby for me! My hospital is only 10-15 minutes away, depending on traffic, but I don't drive, and even if I learn we probably won't buy a second car, so if I go into labor while DH is at work, I'll have to wait an extra 30 minutes for him to get home. It's impossible to get a cab in less than an hour in my neighborhood, so hopefully I get plenty of warning. I think really fast labors for the first baby are pretty rare, though.

I gained a couple pounds at first when I was starving constantly and not making great food choices, but I weighed in this morning, and I think it's kind of stabilized for now. I'm a little less hungry and a lot more picky now. No horrible aversions, just not a lot of things I actually want. Mostly fruit, bready carbs (stupid dogs stole my English muffins, so it's animal crackers for breakfast today), vanilla ice cream, and peanut butter. I've definitely thickened a bit around the waist - all of my pants were on the verge of too small when I got pregnant, so I bought a couple pairs of maternity pants at the thrift store the other day. And the evening bloating is outrageous.

2nd baby for me! First labour was induced after my water broke and nothing happened. Then she was back to back and wouldn't turn around so she had to be delivered using the vacuum. I am hoping for a smoother labour this time!

I am so incredibly hungry. All I can think about this morning is Chinese food!

Chelsea, what's the good scan place in Chicago that you know? I'm not planning to get a private scan, but it's good to have a recommendation anyway. I'm spending this weekend in Michigan with the family, I'll wave as I pass you by ;)

First baby for me! My hospital is only 10-15 minutes away, depending on traffic, but I don't drive, and even if I learn we probably won't buy a second car, so if I go into labor while DH is at work, I'll have to wait an extra 30 minutes for him to get home. It's impossible to get a cab in less than an hour in my neighborhood, so hopefully I get plenty of warning. I think really fast labors for the first baby are pretty rare, though.

I gained a couple pounds at first when I was starving constantly and not making great food choices, but I weighed in this morning, and I think it's kind of stabilized for now. I'm a little less hungry and a lot more picky now. No horrible aversions, just not a lot of things I actually want. Mostly fruit, bready carbs (stupid dogs stole my English muffins, so it's animal crackers for breakfast today), vanilla ice cream, and peanut butter. I've definitely thickened a bit around the waist - all of my pants were on the verge of too small when I got pregnant, so I bought a couple pairs of maternity pants at the thrift store the other day. And the evening bloating is outrageous.

This is the place that I've heard the best reviews from:

https://www.peekabelly3d.com/

There is another place that has high reviews, called Goldenview Ultrasound, however I know 3 people who went there for their early gender determination scans and...they were all told the wrong gender!! :dohh:

Thanks Chelsea! I'll keep it in mind if I decide to get one. We were waiting at a stoplight in front of a private scan place a few nights ago and I was joking around to DH that we should break in and scan me ;)

Question: Do any of you ladies NOT live close to the hospital/place you're delivering at?

If there's no traffic, I can get to my hospital in 20 minutes. With traffic, it can take 45 minutes. I got to the hospital and delivered my daughter just 20 minutes later. I was already in transition when I arrived. If we had been stuck in traffic, there's a very real chance that I would have delivered on the side of the road.

What # baby will this be for all of you?

#3 for me. I have an 8 year old son and a 4 year old daughter.

Count me in please! Got my BFP yesterday :D

EDD 31st March, just scraped in!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"