2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

Count me in please! Got my BFP yesterday :D

EDD 31st March, just scraped in!

Welcome and congrats on your BFP! Exciting to have someone due on 31st, that's the whole month covered now!

I do not avoid any foods that I love. I do not like sea food, so mercury is of no concern to me.. nor am I a fan of soft cheeses.

I'm much more lax about restrictions than most. My OB even tells me that the occasional glass of wine is perfectly fine, too.

Ladies does anyone know what foods I need to avoid now. I know the guidelines change so often and its been nearly 3 years since I was last pregnant.x

From what I gather:

• No alcohol (duh)
    200-300 mg of caffeine - so you can do a cup or two of coffee, max. The research says 300mg, the books all say 200mg to play it safe.
    High mercury seafood
    Some herbal teas? Haven't researched details here because I don't drink a lot of tea
    Nothing that might cause food poisoning - some things I've seen listed are:
    • Sushi
    • refrigerated uncooked seafood like lox
    • Undercooked eggs
    • Pate
    • Lunchmeat and hot dogs unless heated
    • soft serve ice cream (I guess the machines are hard to clean)
    • Rare meat
    • Unpasteurized dairy (some say no blue cheese at all, even if pasteurized)
    • Raw sprouts
    • Unwashed fruit and vegetables

I believe that some of the things that were previous warned against are now ok, like peanut products. And I'll be honest, I'm not going to freak out about stuff like soft serve as long as it's from a restaurant and not the ice cream truck, and I'll eat lunchmeat if it's from a reputable source. I wouldn't freak out about toasting with champagne at a special occasion or doing a small wine tasting where you're only drinking a tiny bit. Some doctors are more relaxed than others and are fine with sushi.

I do not avoid any foods that I love. I do not like sea food, so mercury is of no concern to me.. nor am I a fan of soft cheeses.

I'm much more lax about restrictions than most. My OB even tells me that the occasional glass of wine is perfectly fine, too.

Are you serious? Did you have an occasional glass with your last pregnancy?

I'm not very far from the hospital but neither me or dh have a car. This may be a ridiculous question so I apologise if it's a stupid idea. But is there any reason why I wouldn't be able to walk to the hospital in early labour? It would take about half an hour. Just depending on timing there could be a long wait for a taxi.

There's no way I'd have wanted to walk for half an hour when I went to the hospital! I'd make sure you have a back up plan!

I've heard this too. A lot of European doctors are fine with an occasional glass of wine. The danger with alcohol is really only if you drink over a certain amount, but they recommend completely abstaining because there's no good way to tell what that amount is. It's pretty clear that it's more than a glass a week, though.

babytots, they didn't say anything about lining or anything only that there was no baby in my uterus? Doctor suggested it had been absorbed? Because my urine test was faintly positive there and I had multiple positives at home, he doesn't doubt that I was indeed pregnant. I had blood drawn today and will have more on Monday and Wednesday and another appt Wednesday morning. I'm assuming they will check again but it seems, the way things stand now, that it's not going to be a successful pregnancy. I've had no bleeding yet, so I'm not even sure that this is considered a miscarriage? I have 7 positive tests on my dresser, so I don't know what to think.

Imsotired - I'm so sorry to hear that that's awful. Sending hugs my thoughts are with you x

I'm not a drinker at all, but it's quite common for doctors to say it's ok to have the occasional sip of wine. Considering many women don't know they are pregnant until they have already been pregnant for a few weeks, and many of them have had many drinks without causing issues to the baby. The key here is 'occasional sip' though. It doesn't mean you can drink a glass every day. In my case, I am a rule follower when it comes to eating things during pregnancy, and I don't touch anything that I am told not to eat.

My Due Date has changed thanks to my first scan today!! Now due 3/12/14 please update Dan-o, thanks

Just a little dot but I will share

Attachments

• scan1.jpg
    scan1.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 7
I'm hoping it's too early to tell imsotired, FX crossed the bloodwork is positive. However, I think most of us are too familiar with preparing for the worst to happen, and how hopeless it feels. Just know I will be thinking of you.

From what I gather:

• soft serve ice cream (I guess the machines are hard to clean)
They will have to pry soft serve ice cream out of my cold dead hands. I love that stuff.

Yeah, I'm all about the soft serve right now. I've never in my life heard of someone getting sick from soft serve, and I've never gotten food poisoning from anything, so I'm ignoring that one, beyond making sure I get it from respectable places! Gimme my ice cream!

My Due Date has changed thanks to my first scan today!! Now due 3/12/14 please update Dan-o, thanks

Just a little dot but I will share

So cute! Congrats on the fab scan and EDD is now updated :)

I'm hoping it's too early to tell imsotired, FX crossed the bloodwork is positive. However, I think most of us are too familiar with preparing for the worst to happen, and how hopeless it feels. Just know I will be thinking of you.

Thanks. I don't know, the whole this is pretty confusing. I got my first positive on July 9th and my tests did indeed become darker but very slowly and I stopped testing on the 14th because I was obsessing.I have had very few symptoms this time as well. I am kinda hoping for low numbers as far as blood work goes because I'm hoping it's not tubal or something. I did get an ultrasound and there was no mass in my tubes but apparently the equipment at my obgyn can't see in the tubes in detail. But no baby to be seen, no sac, nothing. Empty. I'm still trying to wrap my head around all of this. But thank you all so much for all of your positivity and sympathy. I do appreciate it.

Thanks. I don't know, the whole this is pretty confusing. I got my first positive on July 9th and my tests did indeed become darker but very slowly and I stopped testing on the 14th because I was obsessing.I have had very few symptoms this time as well. I am kinda hoping for low numbers as far as blood work goes because I'm hoping it's not tubal or something. I did get an ultrasound and there was no mass in my tubes but apparently the equipment at my obgyn can't see in the tubes in detail. But no baby to be seen, no sac, nothing. Empty. I'm still trying to wrap my head around all of this. But thank you all so much for all of your positivity and sympathy. I do appreciate it.

I'm so sorry you're going through this :(

babytots, they didn't say anything about lining or anything only that there was no baby in my uterus? Doctor suggested it had been absorbed? Because my urine test was faintly positive there and I had multiple positives at home, he doesn't doubt that I was indeed pregnant. I had blood drawn today and will have more on Monday and Wednesday and another appt Wednesday morning. I'm assuming they will check again but it seems, the way things stand now, that it's not going to be a successful pregnancy. I've had no bleeding yet, so I'm not even sure that this is considered a miscarriage? I have 7 positive tests on my dresser, so I don't know what to think.

I'm confused by this did they see a gestational sack on your scan? I had a scan today which measured me at 5week and the only thing seeable was the gestational sack and they wasn't concerned just said its too early and booked me in for another scan on 28th. Maybe try a cb digi see what that says?

Edit: sorry just read u couldn't see the sac :( that really is confusin i wouldn't think sac could just dissapear

I'm due on March 28th! Can't even believe this I keep thinking I'm dreaming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->