• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

2015 November Sweet Potatoes!!! Come out come out wherever you are!!

Hey all! :wave: I joined the group way way back and then went MIA, haha...so I'm not even going to try to catch up ;) but I want to try to reconnect again!

Loving the ultrasound pictures! I had my first appt Saturday at 12 weeks, heard the heartbeat, what an amazing sound! Definitely makes everything more real. Does anyone else feel like time is just flying by, though?? I can't believe baby is already a big as he/she is!

Also, Melsue, we're due date twins! :thumbup:

Hello ladies!

Now I've hit the double digit mark (10 weeks) I finally feel safe to say hello. I posted on the TTC boards a couple times about two years ago. But like so many things in my life, it wasn't until I'd totally given up and stopped trying that things actually worked out :thumbup:

I don't know how active I'll be for the next few weeks - I feel tired literally ALL the time. I feel like I'm either eating or working or napping and don't have much time to do anything else. But I have been lurking here a little when I did have a moment, so I wanted to say "hi" before I fall back asleep lol

I'm due Nov 30th. It's been nice to read the comments of you all who are a few weeks ahead of me, and get a sense of what I have to look forward to next!

edit - meant to add: I'm so impressed with everyone who already has name ideas. I'm so bad at picking names for anything, likes pets or whatever, my kid will be lucky if it doesn't end up being known as "hey you." Hopefully my partner will have some ideas. heh

Hello ladies!

Now I've hit the double digit mark (10 weeks) I finally feel safe to say hello. I posted on the TTC boards a couple times about two years ago. But like so many things in my life, it wasn't until I'd totally given up and stopped trying that things actually worked out :thumbup:

I don't know how active I'll be for the next few weeks - I feel tired literally ALL the time. I feel like I'm either eating or working or napping and don't have much time to do anything else. But I have been lurking here a little when I did have a moment, so I wanted to say "hi" before I fall back asleep lol

I'm due Nov 30th. It's been nice to read the comments of you all who are a few weeks ahead of me, and get a sense of what I have to look forward to next!

edit - meant to add: I'm so impressed with everyone who already has name ideas. I'm so bad at picking names for anything, likes pets or whatever, my kid will be lucky if it doesn't end up being known as "hey you." Hopefully my partner will have some ideas. heh

Congrats! How are you feeling besides being exhausted? Any morning sickness?

I have no idea with names this time around either! :wacko:

Hey all! :wave: I joined the group way way back and then went MIA, haha...so I'm not even going to try to catch up ;) but I want to try to reconnect again!

Loving the ultrasound pictures! I had my first appt Saturday at 12 weeks, heard the heartbeat, what an amazing sound! Definitely makes everything more real. Does anyone else feel like time is just flying by, though?? I can't believe baby is already a big as he/she is!

Also, Melsue, we're due date twins! :thumbup:

Yay!!!! :happydance: I have a buddy!!! Im going for my NT scan on Monday and my lil daugher (5 yrs old) gets to see baby on the screen shes so excited!!

Welcome Uni!! Feeling tired will let up for you in 2-3 weeks and then you will feel more like you..

Well I would imagine that a lot of us have rolled into or are about to roll into the 2nd trimester! Congratulations on surviving the wicked 1st! ;)

How about a little 2nd tri check in??

Do you have a visible bump yet?
Have you had to bust out maternity clothing yet?
Anyone feeling any movements?
What has been the hardest thing about pregnancy for you so far?
What about your favorite thing?
Any 'gut feelings' about what the gender might be?

I do! Granted, it's still half squishy, but I definitely can't suck it in anymore.

Oh yea. I started wearing my old maternity jeans at about 8 weeks. Thought honestly, part of it was because I just love not having to use a dang button/zipper. :p

Just within the past 5ish days, I have started feeling movements. Not kicks per se I don't think. But it feels like the baby is stretching its legs out and that's the sensation I am feeling. Pretty neat to feel that again! :) (This is my 2nd pregnancy)

Honestly, not being able to drink! lol. Having a tantruming terrible 2 toddler under foot, I find myself just dying to crack open a few beers or have a glass of wine after bed time to just relax. Man I can't wait for that!

I love having an excuse to indulge in stupid little cravings...like Cherry Limeades. :)

I'm getting a pretty strong feeling that this LO is a boy. I had a gut feeling with DD that she was a girl, and it was right then. I can't wait to find out if it's right this time around! I might pursue a career as a Psychic if it is!

Yeah but I always had extra padding on my tummy! :haha: my fundus is half way up to my belly button already but this is my fifth baby :thumbup:

Maternity clothes got busted out last week. Sooooooo comfy :cloud9:

I'm positive I'm feeling movement but I can hardly believe it cos I'm so early. It feels like squirming/vibrating :thumbup:

The hardest thing for me is how inactive I've been. Before my bfp I lost 60 lbs through diet and going to the gym. I was always out with my toddler on my days off. I've felt so terrible in first tri I've been basically inactive :( the last three days have been much better though. I've been using my Fitbit again and using mfp to loosely keep an eye on calories :)

Trying to guess whether my baby will be pink or blue!! (We're team yellow) Also my hair is lovely and shiny and thick!

Girl most of the time but the savoury cravings are throwing me off and making me think maybe boy :)

It's not bump but I can't suck it in :haha: still quite squishy but very round!

Not yet but only because I have a lot of loose, floaty tops etc haven't been able to wear any of my jeans since about week 8 though so I've been living in leggings - should probably invest in some!

I think I felt 2 movements yesterday. Not exactly kicks or flutters but a very definite pressing in my lower belly. Brought back all the feelings from last time around!

The exhaustion! I'm so fed up of sleeping all the time :haha: never knew how different being pregnant whilst having a toddler could be!

Shopping! :haha: although everything has just been window shopped so far lol can't wait to start buying things!

Hmmm it changes on a daily basis! Today I'm thinking another boy...gender scan on 26th to confirm! Eek!

Hi,

Do you have a visible bump yet? Sort of, its small but def looking preg now rather than just fat :) the bloat has pretty much gone but still struggling a bit with constipation :-(

Have you had to bust out maternity clothing yet? Yes! Trousers have had to be mat since 8 weeks! Not needing mat tops yet but tbh im living in my mat leggings and dresses at the mo. Have invested in some summer mat stuff but not really looking forward to saying bye to the leggings.

Anyone feeling any movements? Yes started feeling flutters at 11 weeks now I get little prods when im still e.g before I fall asleep :) I love it!

What has been the hardest thing about pregnancy for you so far? Hmm lack of ability to nap due to having a preschooler but most recently not being able to take medication as ive got sinusitis and laryngitis and feel rough :-(

What about your favorite thing? Being able to eat what I fancy (was on slimming world before) so enjoying pick and mix etc. Itsme- ive been having a non alcoholic beer here and there to fool myself.

Any 'gut feelings' about what the gender might be? Trying not to as I really want a boy. Felt ny dd was a boy so don't think im psychic :p we find out in 2 weeks :) can't wait!

I feel like I do! Especially after I eat. But I know it's mostly just bloating as my uterus is just now coming up over my pelvic bone.

Nope, but I have definitely had to put away some clothes, like my high waisted pants and tighter fitting shirts. I organized all my clothes by tight, loose, looser, and loosest, so that I can wear them all in phases, and when I get to a new phase it'll be almost like getting new clothes!

Not that I know of, but it is my first.

The cravings and non-cravings. My diet, which was mostly meat and vegetables, has changed a lot. I just want carbs! Lol. I've tried to stick with potatoes as my carb source to be healthier. I'm also having a lot of trouble eating cooked vegetables too.

Just having a baby inside me!! It's so amazing thinking about the tiny life growing in me.

I keep thinking it's a girl...but I have no reason to! I guess it's wishful thinking :p

Yes, although most times it looks like I may have had too many desserts recently.

About 2 weeks ago and it feels so much better than trying to squeeze into my regular clothes.

I have an anterior placenta again and was afraid I wasn't going to feel movements for a while but I am fairly certain I have felt at least a few over the last week.

Keeping it a secret. I am very slowly starting to tell people now.

I'm one of those crazy people that loves being pregnant. I guess my favourite part has been the ultrasounds and getting to see my little one. Also listening to the heartbeat on my doppler.

None at all. I really wanted a girl last time but after losing my little boy I know how much I would love a little boy :shrug:. My last 2 pregnancies were very different and both boys so I can't base it off of how I feel or what I crave.

Sort of. I still just looked bloated haha but I want to look pregnant lol

Umm some yes, just because it is comfortable lol!!

I had an anterior placenta with my first and didn't feel anything till 24 weeks but last week I felt some movement already!! I am hoping this mean the placenta isn't anterior.

The food!! I can't eat anything healthy like salad or veggies lol. And some days I can't eat at all, then there are other days I can eat a ton of food lol!

Just being pregnant! My husband and I had a hard time conceiving my son and this pregnancy was not planned and it was very exciting this way! We were so stressed trying to conceive our first so this pregnancy has been very relaxed and going by fast!

Ummm I think a girl! lol

Hi! Just got in from another work trip yesterday. Considering trying to find a different job for next year, as I'm realizing more and more that I don't think I'll want to be away for a week or two at a time when I have a baby at home. DH is considering a job change too as he is getting sick of constantly being on the road. Going to be a year of big changes for us I guess! :)

My next prenatal appointment is on Thursday, dh gets to come this time and we can hopefully hear the heartbeat! I'm waiting to announce on FB until we hear it, for some reason I feel like it will be much more certain then.

I'm not quite in 2nd tri yet but wanted to do the questions anyway haha

Sort of I guess, the other day my uterus popped up above my pubic bone and I was so excited to finally be able to feel it! My tummy is def sticking out a lot more, still getting a lot of bloating though but some of it is bump. Can't hold my tummy in much anymore so it looks a lot bigger than it probably should lol!

I went to the Motherhood Maternity store but the only under-belly jeans they had were too tight in the thighs, so I haven't had any luck in that dept yet. I gained 5 lbs almost instantly when I got pregnant, mostly in my bum and thighs. Bought a bella band today so maybe that will help me keep wearing my one pair of jeans that still fits my thighs lol!

Not yet but I can't wait!! I keep poking my tummy and then laying still to see if I can feel anything lol!!

I've been very lucky and have had a pretty easy time of it so far, the toughest thing was the fatigue early on but it wasn't too bad, and I guess the food aversion was annoying but it has mostly passed now.

The excitement of knowing I have a little life growing inside me, it's such a strange thing to wrap my brain around haha. And imagining what it will be like to have a baby to love :)

Not really but I have had a lot of sweet cravings and I keep really tending towards girl baby names so maybe that is a hint?? I will be happy with either but I do love pretty girl stuff!

Last edited:
First off HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!:flower: I hope you all had wonderful day :hugs:

Do you have a visible bump yet? Yes, wore a tight dress to church on Sunday and everyone could tell it was a baby bump. People weren't even afraid to come up and ask me how far along I was :blush:

Have you had to bust out maternity clothing yet? I hate maternity pants, the ones that go over the belly! So I won't be wearing those, they are just too uncomfortable. But have been wearing leggings, skirts, or dresses. My normal pants don't fit.

Anyone feeling any movements? A few times I felt something when I drink something cold I feel a jolt every now and then.

Nausea! :sick:

What about your favorite thing? The excitement of a new baby growing inside. I can't wait till I can feel movements all the time.

Any 'gut feelings' about what the gender might be? I go back and fourth most days I really think girl sometimes boy. I will hopefully find out on Saturday! :happydance:

Any of you ladies feel your baby first thing in the morning before you get out of bed? Mine is like a hard lemon in my belly and it pokes out and I can feel it. I remember that when I was preg with my son too. Its so strange!!! I put my doppler on it this am and heard the heartbeat right away and it moving all around.

Yes definitely showing earlier than before

Yes and even the maternity pants are starting to fit

Not yet but think it will be soon

Being nauseous again anytime time of day, lifting up my 3 yr old feels a little more awkward than before

That this little person is going to complete our family, and I look forward to seeing my daughter with a new sibling.

Girl not sure why

Yes but only to me and my family seeing as I'm a bigger lady.

Yes! I love my maternity pants!

Quickenings, for sure.

Being sick, I never got sick with DD. And the fatigue. I want to sleep for days!

That after years of trying we have a healthy, growing baby.

Boy, just because it's so different than it was with my DD, but who knows, happy either way!

love reading these!! I only crave carbs and CAN NOT each cooked veggies either lol!!

definintely popped above the pelvic bone and have major bloat happening from below my booby to that area above my pelvic bone, i def look preggers, its my second and Im a skinny girl so its more visible.. But what bugs me is people touching my belly already and the bloated part where I know there is no baby.. Baby is more near my pelvis... Just feels weird, and annoying at times - Anyone else feel that way??

Yes, I had to wear maternity shorts over the weekend as we had an 80 degree day.. been wearing alot of my bigger jeans and using elastics with the button though..

Anyone feeling any movements? There are moments when I know I feel something and then other days I feel nothing.. Ultrasound showed that my placenta is towards the front so they did warn me that I may not feel things this early.. But I think i do here and there.. Im kind of bummed that the placenta is more on the outside because Im sure this is my last pregnancy and I wanted to experience every little movement you know???? :-(

What has been the hardest thing about pregnancy for you so far? The nausea and also feeling so tired.. Sometimes when Im just walking through a store normally, my heart starts racing and I have quick breathing... Stairs are a killer.. I dont remember it being this bad with my first - any one feeling similar feelings??

What about your favorite thing? Watching my lil bump grow and feeling these lil tiny movements when they happen.

Any 'gut feelings' about what the gender might be? I did have a gut feeling that it was a boy... We got my bloodwork back on Monday and it is!!!! Team :blue:

We had our NT ultrasound Monday and recd the results to the chromosomes abnormality tests - every thing was LOW risk !! so happy I was worried with being over 35 yrs old.. But all is well.. hope everyone is doing well also..

Melsue your heart racing and the quick breathing is most likely your thyroid again. Have they checked it this pregnancy?

I had to have mine checked again and it go worse so she referred me to an endocrinologist. The Endo ordered more tests she said I was stable but would need to start medication and that we could discuss more at my appointment on Thurs :( I forgot if you said you ever had to take medication for it or not?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->