2015 November Sweet Potatoes!!! Come out come out wherever you are!!

CONGRATS!!!!!! I am so jealous you know hahaha!!

I booked my gender scan for June 29th!!

congrats on a girl Smile!

I know I'm a little behind everyone, but I had such a nice time reading everyone else's 2nd trimester update, I wanted to post mine.

Do you have a visible bump yet?
And how. My DH said to me the other day "if you're this big now, how big will you be by the end?" and his eyes were so wide as he said it I had to laugh at him. At the same time, strangers still don't say anything, so I guess to other people I just look fat! :shrug:

Have you had to bust out maternity clothing yet?
A couple weeks ago already. Just the pants - soooooo comfy!

Anyone feeling any movements?
Nope. Sure would like to though.... but this is my first.

What has been the hardest thing about pregnancy for you so far?
The entire first trimester.

What about your favorite thing?
So far, second semester. This week, I actually started cleaning my house again! :happydance:

Any 'gut feelings' about what the gender might be?
My mom had said early on that she thought it was a girl, so I don't know if that was my gut feeling or an idea she put in my head. However, this past week, we did genetic screening (all results came back ok yay) and it's been confirmed we have a little girl! but we might not tell everyone for fear of getting nothing but pink gifts! I'm happy to have a girl but I really don't like pink :nope:

Uni that made me laugh when i had my daughter i was so sick of pink so soon finding anything else was a nightmare x

I'm glad I'm not the only one with the pink issue. So far orange seems to be our gender neutral color of choice. Bright orange! My neighbor gave us a cute little onesie with tiger stripes and paws at the feet. And I found a fox themed onesie set with a cute little orange hat that has ears and a smiling fox face. I'm not sure what colors we'll do the nursery in; first we have to move anyway. This apartment is too small.

Haa i liked purple and light greens. Her nursery was purple with eeyore lol xx

catmummy that's what mine would be. I love purple and have over 20 stuffed Eeyore's (I've been collecting them since I was little I swear:haha:). My DH got the little boy he wanted and did everything in red and black. I would love a little girl to do up in purple (and Eeyore of course!)

Haa great minds think alike im the same there was eeyore everywhere it was amazing lmao x

Me too! I dressed my DS in some purple (and even 1 Eeyore) outfit when he was itty bitty. I couldn't help it!

I love the color blue lol so it's hard for me to think if I have a girl to put her in pink but they have like cute aquamarine outfits that are still girly color I think lol or purple, I do like purple too!

I ended up researching how pink became the girl color, and I've made peace with it. lol

Back to catch back up with everyone!! :)

Welcome Catmummyof3! We are a smaller, more intimate group in here. Much more my style, personally. Glad to have you! What's your EDD and I can add you to the OP.

Congrats on finding out the genders Certain and Smile!! I've added your little stork birdies to the front.

AFM: I have my next MW appointment today. Im about halfway through week 18. I know she will schedule me for a proper 20 week U/S with an U/S tech, that they typically do here. But she does have an U/S machine in her office that she uses just for fun. I'm hoping to talk her into having a peek and taking a guess about the gender. I'm dying to know if I am right!

My energy levels are pretty okay, considering I'm keeping up with a toddler this time around. But I am finding that my 2nd Trimester migraines are coming back this pregnancy, which is killing any motivation I have to get stuff done. I had such terrible migraines with DD#1 during the first half of the 2nd tri that she had to prescribe me some pain meds.

Also, right now...I'm craving Pineapple like nobody's business! Who's got some hardcore cravings?

I don't crave anything specific but if I smell something or see food on tv i'm like I HAVE TO HAVE THAT NOW :haha: I ate supernoodles for lunch today because someone in the office had them :dohh:

I spent 2 weeks eating chicken pies because of the adverts on tv :rofl:

Itsme I have been getting bad headaches too. Mostly in the evenings, I don't remember having them with DS?!

As for cravings I don't really get them that bad, I feel like I had them more in the first trimester when I was super nauseous and only one type of food would sound good. But I'm like Smile if I see something I want I obsess about it till I get it:haha:

Hi ladies how are we all feeling? I'm battling a ridiculous migraine which sucks but finding nausea is tapering off a bit so that's something.:thumbup:

Only couple more weeks to go till gender scan, feels like I've been waiting forever:haha:

Hey eveeyone hope your all well im currently in hospital as i fell down stairs having constant migraine since so keeping me for obs x

itsme - how did your appt go?

I don't have any cravings either I'm just feeling lucky to be able to eat after all the food aversions in the first trimester.

I'm trying to drink lots of water to avoid headaches but somedays it works better than others.

my goodness catmummy - I hope you're alright!

AFM found out today we are team blue!

itsme - sorry to hear about your headaches. that sounds no fun at all! I didn't realize there was another nov thread, but I'm really glad I ended up on this one because I too prefer a smaller group. Also, I really just loved the sweet potato theme

smile - that is too funny about the pies. but oddly enough, reading what you wrote really makes me want pot pie now....

cat - omg I hope you're ok? how scary!

sweet - congrats on finding out the gender :happydance:

Regarding cravings. I can't say that I've really had any, although maybe this counts - I really wanted cream of crab soup a couple weeks ago and went to a particular restaurant to get some. But, we sat outside and it turned out they didn't have the same menu for the outside section and wouldn't serve us soup there. So, I thought, I'd go inside and get some soup to go and bring it outside (no big deal I figured) but the bartender totally busted me and asked "Is this soup for outside? The chef won't let people have soup outside." So I went back outside and told our waiter that we would have to cancel our entree order (my husband and just ordered a very expensive entree) and the waiter looked at me like I was nuts. I wasn't really showing yet so, I just wanted to explain, and I tried to say "You know how sometimes a pregnant woman fixates on a particular food and has to have it? Well, that is what is happening now." But instead, for some reason the act of explaining made me burst into tears and I just ended up blubbering "I wanted soup" while crying uncontrollably :dohh: The waiter looked at me like I was the most crazy person he had ever had to deal with. I don't think I can go back to this particular restaurant any time soon. sigh. the happy ending to the story at least is we went somewhere else and I got some soup and all was well in my world again.

But other then the soup incident no cravings lol

Congrats SweetV!

Uni I'm glad you got your soup in the end! These cravings are not fun! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back