2015 October Rainbow Pumpkins! | 28 rainbows so far!

Had my scan today baby is such a wriggler couldn't get a great pic and wouldn't let lady measure for ages. But eventually got measurement my EDD is now 8th October

Got my blood results back for Down Syndrome. My results were 1:2000 which they consider low risk (NHS) I'm relieved but also freaked out. I'm 34 this year I wonder if it has something to do with my age ? What are others thoughts ?

Xx

Chrissi, i am 31 and refused to do blood test for downs considerably that I have 2 healthy boys. Also I know they does give false results sometimes that is the reason I don't do the test.

I am looking for gender scan around my area but not yet sure which one. :)

Actually Chrissi your results are very good. The average statistic for Downs syndrome in a 34 year old woman is 1 in 500. If your measurements and bloodwork brought you up to 1 in 2000 that's excellent.

https://downsyndrome.about.com/od/diagnosingdownsyndrome/a/Matagechart.htm

Oh cool. My measurement was higher than I expected at 2.4mm but I've gone and had the harmony test done so should get results soon. With that I'll find out the sex it's all so exciting isn't it !! Xx

They are mainly concern e when nuchal fold is between 2.9-3.5mm

I'm 38 and also refused the nt because by age would go against me dramatically and I don't want any more added stress

Xx

I chose to get my NT measurements even though I am 36 and also at an increased risk. I would rather know and be prepared if one of my twins has a disability. They ended up being 1.5 for twin A and 1.6 for twin B which are in the normal range. I'm not sure what that makes my odds as I haven't got the blood tests back yet.

I didn't get the NT because my doctor's office refuses to do them. Otherwise, I would have, even if I'm only 26.

They couldnt measure our babies nt so booked me back for bloods but not sure whether I want it now

Ginger Panda that's crazy. I guess things work very differently in the States compared to the UK...

I'm so happy dark star that your babes are doing so well xx

I just got mine back and mine was 1 in 20,000 which is apparently the best negative they give. But im 27 and theres no history of genetic disorders in either mine or dhs families

Hi ladies
Firstly congrats to all of you on your little rainbow beans :)
I've been on the ttc after a loss board but I think it's time to move over here. My edd is 31st oct so I'm probably quite far behind a lot of you at 9w6d.
This is my first baby and I had a mc in January at around 6w. This time I had a blood test (HCG at 7w was 93,000) and an us at 7w3d which was perfect and I saw the heartbeat so was very reassured. My symptoms haven't been too bad mainly tiredness, nausea, being emotional and sore bbs with some constipation/bloating and recently a bit of indigestion.
I guess I'm on here because I'm feeling a bit worried. The last few days my nausea seems to be much better and I just generally feel less pregnant. Can't help being scared (my cousin saw the hb at 8w and then had a mmc which freaked me out). My 12 week scan isn't for 2 weeks. Looking for a bit of reassurance :)
Thank you!

Oh I just did a very blonde thing... Eek... Congratulations and welcome hun ! I worried around this time too. My symptoms subsided but then they came back at week 10 or just before. I ordered a sonoline Doppler around this time too for reassurance as I'd had two previous mc in a row. Wishing you the best of luck xxx

Hi ladies
Firstly congrats to all of you on your little rainbow beans :)
I've been on the ttc after a loss board but I think it's time to move over here. My edd is 31st oct so I'm probably quite far behind a lot of you at 9w6d.
This is my first baby and I had a mc in January at around 6w. This time I had a blood test (HCG at 7w was 93,000) and an us at 7w3d which was perfect and I saw the heartbeat so was very reassured. My symptoms haven't been too bad mainly tiredness, nausea, being emotional and sore bbs with some constipation/bloating and recently a bit of indigestion.
I guess I'm on here because I'm feeling a bit worried. The last few days my nausea seems to be much better and I just generally feel less pregnant. Can't help being scared (my cousin saw the hb at 8w and then had a mmc which freaked me out). My 12 week scan isn't for 2 weeks. Looking for a bit of reassurance :)
Thank you!

Welcome! I had two MMC before this one. One at 8 weeks and one at 6 weeks. So I was SUPER NERVOUS this time!

I ordered a doppler. It was an amazing comfort to be able to listen to the heartbeat when I was worried. I think I was able to pick it up around 10 weeks.

I was very sick for the first 12 weeks, then it just disappeared. Totally. Everything is fine. I actually had a listen to baby's heartbeat this morning. :)

I've been stalking but haven't really posted. I haven't had a bit of morning sickness or any other symptoms for that matter, scared me at first, but I guess maybe I've earned an easy pregnancy. I'm thinking of changing doctors, because I'm even more high risk now that I ever have been and at my last appt. she only listened with doppler and didn't do an ultrasound, this is after saying at my first appt. that we would do one every visit.
My son was born with a severe heart defect and died at 19 days old, so they are taking extra precautions at 20 weeks to see how this one's heart is developing and they are also having to watch me for a uterine rupture, since my uterus is so thin after 3 Csections and very big babies and only 6 months postpartum when I got pregnant. I'm terrified this time around. Rainbow baby pregnancies are very very hard.
I also have very low iron and have to have a tranfusion...

I say if you're even a little bit uncomfortable and not feeling like she's keeping up to her promises, I would shop around for a more attentive doctor who is going to do every single thing they say they're going to do. You deserve that after everything you've been through.

Another good scan for me today, growth is fine, fluid is fine, movement fine and placenta is no where near my c sect scar. Phew xx

Hi Ladies,
I've been taking a bit of a break from the forums, some of the info here is upsetting to me.
All is well with me. I am definitely feeling movement from both babies. Baby A's heartbeat is on my left about 2 inches above my pubic bone and Baby B's heartbeat is all the way up about an inch right of my belly button now. My bump is getting huge!

Attachments

• 10428645_10153796175497814_7459787523017483530_n.jpg
    10428645_10153796175497814_7459787523017483530_n.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78