2015 September Sweet Peas!!! all welcome to join

Are any of you ladies feeling pressure down there? (Sorry if this is tmi)

We have one very active baby! Had a student sonographer (supervised) and bubs gave her the absolute run around - every time she wanted a pic of something bubs wriggled,rolled or kicked at the wand!

Placenta still anterior but well away from cervix, heart rate 147bpm and estimated to weigh 320gm/11oz which put baby on the 34th percentile.

Measuring 20w 2d according to scan and on the small side (all measurments between 21st-47th percentile but nothing they are concerned about - will ask midwife more about it next week but the sonographers did not seem worried - am quite happy to have a smaller one this time as Miss 5 was 8lbs12oz!

Stayed Team Yellow (although desperately trying to interpret the scan - no idea what I was looking at though!!)

https://i1341.photobucket.com/albums/o747/nbsinclair89/SINCLAIRNICOLEBEVERLEY20150520154631961_zps6le7jico.jpg

Another question ladies: With my DD i used disposable diapers and the cost of diapers in the long run was quite high. I've been looking into cloth diapering instead (all in one diapers like BumGenius)... anyone have experience with cloth diapering that they can share?

Aww CrazyMumma how cute! An active baby is a healthy one, I've read a lot :thumbup:

I'm 25 weeks today!

2015-05-20_08.09.48.jpg
IMG_20150520_080255.png

Mango - With DS, I used the bumgenius 4.0's (pocket diapers) and fitted with a wool cover for nights. With this baby, we're going to sell our 4.0's and buy a complete stash of the bumgenius freetimes. I had a couple of them with DS and while stuffing the pocket diapers wasn't too time consuming, I'm all about simplicity for baby #2. We loved our cloth diapers and highly recommend them. We used disposables for the first 3 weeks or so until DS was big enough for the cloth, plus you don't want to use cloth until all the nasty meconium is gone.

I had posted a more comprehensive cloth update somewhere on here, I'll see if I can find to copy and paste.

Mango - Here's a couple for reading:
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...t-peas-all-welcome-join-126.html#post34999869
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...owflakes-2012-parenting-170.html#post27034869

We also cloth nappy (uk!) love it! Though with my previous 3 we used terry squares and wraps, this time I've been given a load of tots bots aio's, they're sooo pretty!!

Daydream thank you sooooo much! This is very helpful and lets me know if I'm on the right track. At first it was so confusing, as I had never even considered them previously, and the info can be a bit overwhelming. I'll be making it my mission this weekend to finally decide on where to purchase them from and when :thumbup: I'd agree that the all in one brands might be easier, but also wondering if they'd fit a newborrn. Might do the same as you and use disposables just until pumpkin fits into them... :happydance: I'm excited now LOL

Thank you YikesBaby. I will def PM you if I have more questions along the way, especially about where to purchase them from if looking online. (Way too expensive in my hometown)

SparklesHeart I was falling in love with some of the patterns too, they are quite cute!!

Mango - My pleasure, I read a lot before we purchased, it's fun homework to do :)

My additional volunteer scan was again today. My OH got to go with me and baby boy was pretty content in there for the most part but did move around a bit. The students were able to perform their procedures. Like on Tuesday, they were doing an overall scan of my uterus to get an idea of baby's position, monitoring his heart/diaphragm to look for breathing movements visible by seeing his diaphragm move (it moves his stomach so that helps) and this must happen for a consecutive 30 seconds, measuring the largest space of amniotic fluid and today they took measurements of his head. I noticed the measurements were a bit further along than 25+1 but realize that in order to get a more specific size idea they would measure other areas of his body as well. I think one of the students took a measurement of his torso/belly but I don't see it on my CD.

Head images and measurements:
I20150521095042250.jpg
I20150521095042656.jpg
I20150521095043000.jpg
I20150521095043359.jpg
I20150521095043718.jpg
I20150521095048156.jpg

Misc. images:
Hand stretched out
I20150521095049468.jpg

Face
I20150521095050234.jpg

Face, kind of distorted but I can see his chin and big lips
I20150521095050750.jpg

Leg/foot
I20150521095051218.jpg

Feet
I20150521095053609.jpg

I was invited to come back yet again sometime during my third trimester, as they apparently are having a difficult time getting volunteers... which is crazy to me. Why would you NOT want to take advantage of such an amazing opportunity?!

Mamabunny - maybe people just aren't aware of volunteering. I certainly never even thought about it until you mentioned it, however it does make sense that students need to practice on someone. It's amazing how many pictures your getting though.

Tristansmom - happy v day and happy holiday

V day was Wednesday and this morning I had my glucose tolerance test and I'm hoping I pass it baby girl has had me craving sweets But she's measuring perfectly. How are you ladies doing? Have any of you taken your gtt? And Happy V Day Tristanmom.

Enjoy your vacation and v day tristansmom!

wytrease - congrats on your v day as well! My GTT isn't until 26 weeks. So I've got some time. I hope you pass!

My gtt is between 26-28 weeks as well. I'm worried cuz I'm craving sweets too. Hope you pass! And Happy v-day to you too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->