2015 September Sweet Peas!!! all welcome to join

I sent out invites to my baby shower. It's in a month. :happydance:

I'm ten pounds up.

xLaura I'd say you've gained 3lbs then! All baby, literally!

Here in the US - well, at least at the hospital I go to - they provide diapers, wipes and little sealed bottles of formula with the coordinating nipple sealed in a separate packaging. I always gather the leftovers to take home with me before they roll the baby cart away just prior to discharge :thumbup:

I'm not sure what's provided at my hospital as I'm going to a different one this time.

I'm in the UK but the hospital I had my other 3 children at did provide formula so need to double check this new hospital. Not even sure how I'm feeding baby yet though lol.

I haven't posted in a while, mostly been 'lurking'. No real updates on my end. Just waiting for time to pass and must admit I'm not liking the heat of summer at all right now. AC is my best friend. Hope everyone is doing well. Can't wait to say I'm officially in 3rd tri, I'll feel like I've really accomplished something then lol.

Nothing too exciting happening over here either. Today is double digits left though! 99 days til my due date. Baby is very comfortable all over my abdomen. I get kicks down low and have even felt a couple hit my ribs. I can't believe the second trimester is almost over.

I had my whooping cough today. My arm is so numb and heavy. :(

Have anti d on Thursday. Oh gosh what a week. Plus the heat is absolutely killing me

oh yes that whooping cough hurts! I remember that from baby #1, at that time I had gotten whooping cough in my left arm and rhogam in my right hip, so sleeping that night was so hard to get comfortable without hitting either of those sore spots! Hopefully yours feels better quick

My lb had alot of fun poking my arm on the way home, monkey. I'm rli struggling with this heat, on a night during the day. While at work. I come home and put my feet straight into my lb's paddling pool.

Twice now I've had comments from a nurse about my bump size. Yesterday it was "is there just one in there??" with a shocked expression. Today was "are u sure ur only 28weeks" I let it get t me at first. Now I don't care
My oh has assured me I'm all baby. No weight anywhere else. But he has t say that lol. I rli struggled with weight gain and how much my figure changed with my lb, that this was quite upsetting
I'm trying not to think about it. I haven't checked my weight since 12 weeks. Il see at app on Thursday what mw says

mummy (and anyone else that has felt the need for a snarky remark to size comments) you need to check these out:

Clever Pregnancy Comebacks

I so badly want to use the very first one or two :rofl: My mom reminds me ALL the time how "big" I'm getting.​

:rofl: those are great! I actually haven't been bothered at all. Everyone around me has been excited and no one even touches my bump (except my mom and DH). Although, I am getting the name question asked a lot now that we know it's a boy. I've started telling everyone we're calling him Bruce Wayne.... or Batman!!

Those comebacks are awesome! :haha: I' definitely going to save up a few in memory to use!

I was asked today about the whooping cough vaccine. I was asked in the past about the flu vaccine but I declined. Is anyone else considering declining the whooping cough vaccine?

ETA: But then again after doing more research online it appears that the benefits outweigh the potential side effects so I may change my position and get it later like around 30-32 weeks...

29 weeks today!

FL2AkIYE_8GRHIAbkVKrGPzdsphsAwmXAh0BczhhtWQ=w283-h667-no
RdU5KVddbwPaB3BW9-n1Kd-4kPbX3AbJgUty44B_sdk=s667-no

I am really getting nervous as I realize that I only have at least a good 9 weeks before I become a waddling time bomb :wacko: My ankles are swelling quite a bit. Never had that before.

I'm still undecided about the dTap vaccine. I guess I can get it now but I've heard it hurts bad so I'm scared.

Nice bump! I doesn't hurt THAT badly, just feels like you bumped your shoulder on a cabinet or something, so it's tender when touched. Take some tylenol and it should be fine.

Just saw this article on BnB:

Is It Cruel to Pierce Your Baby's Ears?

An excerpt from the article:

“It is a form of child cruelty,” she writes on the petition. “Severe pain and fear is inflicted upon infants unnecessarily. It serves no purpose other than to satisfy the parent’s vanity. Other forms of physically harming children are illegal — this should be no different.”

Wouldn't circumcision be categorized as such, as well?

Ouch I'm against ear piercing and circumcision. But it's own beliefs and choices.

My arm is just a Lil uncomfortable now. I'm such a wuss but I still managed t sleep on it last night.

I've had flu vaccine too. Actually got 'told off' by my Dr's for not requesting it. I genuinely forgot.

So thankful for cooler weather today.

Midwives tomorrow.

I agree that it's a belief and choices thing. Illegal is a bit of stretch...shots and vaccines hurt too. Should we rule those out while we're at it?

It's different what ur willing to do to your self for health compared to inflicting on a child for vanity

Ahhhh good point cutie! I want needles to be illegal!

Very true mummy. I feel it's parents' personal choice. I'm neither all for or against either one.

My issue is what long-lasting health affects are there from piercing your ears? If the child decides she doesn't want them, the holes close and you go on with life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->