2015 September Sweet Peas!!! all welcome to join

Mamabunny I'm sori u failed ur gd test and will have to go for a nearly four our test.

I ha day growth scan this morning. As was predicted by so many. All is fine. She is super active and an absolute cutie. She was sucking her thumb and yawning. So happy and relieved. Measuring just a few days behind, giving her plenty of time to catch up. Not long now ladies until we are on the homestretch...

Finally got the voicemail on my phone from my doc's office that messed up Friday and spoke with the nurse who told me I did indeed FAIL my GD test! I had taken the test a week prior to the call so assumed no news was good news by then :dohh: Going Saturday for the 3 1/2-4 hour starvation period and getting like 4 blood draws :growlmad: Sitting here at my desk at work wallowing in my own self pity as I eat the remainder of my Sour Patch Kids :sad1:

Awww gestational diabetes sucks. But it's not the end of the world. I actually have type two and it's getting harder to control, I will be induced at least at 39 weeks. I really hope it works out for you hun.

My friend that's 2 weeks ahead of me posted on my Facebook that I should focus now on eating healthy for the remainder of my pregnancy and here I am shoving a cookie in my mouth as I am reading it :dohh: Ugh... no more junk!

Awww. I'm sorry you failed mamabunny. Try not to get discouraged yet. I've heard some ladies who have failed the 1 hour test but went on to pass the 3 hour test.

I'm a fail first, pass later girl. I feel like they should just make us all take the 3 hr and not even bother with the 1 hr!

Damn you, OH :rofl:

https://www.quickmeme.com/img/e5/e5d8bf73053d614de24f464003f88cc5c6508d7e9cb5e224ff394a8efe43a65a.jpg​

Guys, I'm sorry to be a downer but I have nobody else to talk to - I can't talk to the people in my office because they don't know yet and there are Official Channels to be followed in this kind of situation - but I just learned that my boss (who has been an incredible mentor to me) is dying of a very aggressive form of cancer. I am destroyed, but I have to keep working and pretending everything is fine until the powers that be have been notified. :( :'(

mamabunny - ugh I'm sorry you have to take the three hour! My office does the two hour standard and doesn't mess with the 1 hour or 3 hour. I kind of wish they did, because I would have passed the 1 hour and wouldn't have to deal with this! Hopefully you'll pass the three hour!

mummy - Glad to hear the growth scan went well!

Thanks everyone for the nice words. My appt is Friday so I'll get all the testing stuff then, I'm hoping that my levels stay fine with my current diet and I won't have to track that much extra changes to diet. I had a sandwich on dutch crunch today as a last hoorah just in case. I wish I'd waited until I was 100% better from my bronchitis before taking the glucose test, because reading online, illness and antibiotics can raise your sugar levels. :dohh:

Oh tristansmom I'm so sorry to hear that. Must be awful not to be able to talk to anyone yet.
Hugs xxx

Just got word from my Dr my iron is low and I have to take 2 iron supplements a day I dislike taking pills

Tristansmom I'm so sorry :sad1: That has to be so hard :hugs:

Not looking forward to this nearly 4 hour stay at the hospital Saturday morning :nope: OH failed to get up and go with me for my 1 hour (I'm deathly afraid of needles and wanted him there) so his butt is most definitely coming with me to this one. We will have the kiddos too and the the waiting room is really big and open so can bring a game or two to help the time pass and hopefully it won't be too terrible...

Mamabunny - they say to remain still but after my experience I'd say, walk a little bit, and drink some water. Especially since that's what you'd normally do after you eat a meal. Probably helps to have the kids there, it will allow you to do what you'd usually do at home.

Thanks so much, guys. It's been a rough week so far but I'm taking comfort that she has her friends and family close. <3

So sorry to hear about your mentor, Tristansmom. Hugs!

Mamabunny good luck with the 3 hr test!

Sunday was our Baby-Q and considering the constant rain and flooding we had the day prior, the weather wasn't terrible... just a bit windy. Overall we definitely lucked out, considering we were originally going to have the shower on Saturday :wacko:

2kX_eH9AH2DWYEUNjQzxhK9i76vL08VmtJ0obvow4y8=w834-h667-no
QTA3BBHvA8wOP7HV3X_dFizPRZcHnxyO2OgbrJjVWbw=w615-h667-no
lHXsREYiDwapLfUN6gm_nYVKrQv26wFDyGT2DYtXtek=w1186-h667-no
LfM8IkIWLuQZ2sLFHrmI2nkJLzAj6WURxlWFrGRbW2E=w584-h667-no
GPqJNpPRqnhrRSAlsIhPzNTsJj2FnvdhTFFvhHebwS8=w1186-h667-no
WtYYfAfCEvpp8ykvP8iyL6Tuvbl9qgyjtj_vvAkL-wk=w933-h667-no
MZEUH2rHcUdHLRmmVrVstKKCMR_Wqg-Py38yNaHra5Y=w564-h667-no

The best part of the day, along with sharing it with close family and friends, was seeing OH's face light up as he opened the gifts. I let him do it all, as the shower really was intended for him. We got some very nice things and the nursery is starting to slowly fill up.

Frarq5yzDQKGqi-Pnph4OpLa55RAIdcbuKmR_kTBLNg=w376-h667-no
1eoHohauFysRaAH1RIjsynjWRnLIeJ_Saj4aJrDzGb8=w376-h667-no

Waiting on a crib replacement part and the bedding is scheduled to arrive this week. OH and I will use money and gift cards we got from the shower to purchase additional items we still need :thumbup:

Looked great mama!!

So, day one of a week long heatwave here in uk (well where I live anyway!) and I'm not one for being in the sun, but I enjoy it being warm (get quite giddy at catching up on washing - ah how motherhood has changed me) however, over the day I've had to pick up all 3 of my children as they've come down with sickness/diarrhoea. So they're almost all in bed, I've got loads more washing and I'm dreading a night of cleaning up messes through the night. Ofcourse I don't mind it, they're my darlings, I'm happy to comfort and care for them, but I'm just sooo hot and uncomfy! And my oldest is in his last few weeks of primary school, has his school production tomorrow night, and he's one of the leads! He's worked soo hard learning lines, choreography etc. Just feeling annoyed at the situation when I cant do anything to help it.

Sorry for being moany!!

I'm absolutely hating the UK weather. It's so tiring. I hate being.hot.and sticky. I'm only surviving by having ice pops through out the day
My lb is loving it. So hot night and day. The worst possible time to be pg :(

We bought a new house earlier in the spring, and got an excellent price on it because it needed a new furnace and hot water tank... so we splurged with the proceeds from our old house and had air conditioning installed with the new furnace. Thank GOODNESS!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->