2015 September Sweet Peas!!! all welcome to join

I worry about the initial pain that it causes. I had my ears done as a baby. I don't remember the pain. I'm not terrified of putting earrings in. But I just can't see piercing my lo's ears. If when she is older older. That she chooses to have them done then I will allow it

I had my second piercing in my ears done as an adult and it does not hurt very much at all. Easier than vaccinations because it's one split second and isn't an injection of anything. So I don't have a moral objection to it, even though I don't circumcise our sons. I would just be very careful because I'd hate for the piercing to get pulled on and get ripped out or something.

My son had issues with his circumcision when he was around a year old... the foreskin was adhering and would rip apart from the head of his "winky" (as we called it then) and cause so much pain as it would be in the morning when he woke with a wet diaper.

My daughter never had trouble with her ears and like cutie said they can close back up. But... I feel it's the parents' personal choice for either procedure. I don't feel like either should be illegal :shrug:

Had my 28 week appointment with midwife today. My bump is measuring a few weeks behind so i have to have an appointment for a growth scan in a few days. I'm trying to stay positive I've heard alot of stories about growth scans and measuring under. On the plus side I get to see my lo again. Fingers crossed everything is ok. I also had things in my urine so that's been sent off will hear back in a few days if I need anti biotics

fx for you mummy, I hope the growth scan gives reassurance that all is okay

Fingers crossed mummy!

I had my ears done as a baby - no issues
Miss 5 I didnt want to do as a baby - just didnt see the point but when she was almost 2 her elder step sister got hers done and she was begging for them so we said she could when she had no more nappies thinking it would be a few months....nope - 3 days later she was in knickers day and night with no accidents at all so after a week of no accidents hubby took her to get them done. If this one is a girl will probably do the same thing

:hugs: mummy2_1. I've seen lots of instances of baby measuring behind and everything is fine.

I too think both are personal choices, no right or wrong in it to me. Also, hope all is well mummy1.

I would get my daughters ears pierced as a infant if I ever have a daughter, especially if I thought it would make her look more feminine. And, I will get my second son circumcisied after 6 days to reduce bleeding complication risks. It's not so much of a physical appearance or vanity thing for me, I feel as though it CAN be easier to maintain for a male themselves, there are long term health benefits associated with it and I just prefer so. My first son and husband are circumcised as well. I also know there are complications as mamabunny mentioned, as too some when it isn't performed, especially as a adult man. But like I said it's a personal choice to me. If I were to discover more cons than pros I would be open to changing my mind.

Babifever - my doc and I have had several long talks about circumcision, and agree that in the case of any sons I have it's a good idea - my nephew, now 14, was not circumcised as an infant and developed adhesions (the skin basically grew together). This was not due to bad hygiene or care - my sister is an RN - it's a family thing (my mom also has severe abdominal adhesions, leading to really unfortunate side effects as far as bladder capacity/control). Because of this he had to be circumcised at age 7. When my son was born, I asked him - would he rather have gone through that, or have had the procedure when he was an infant? He answered unequivocally, get it done now.

I agree that this is a highly personal choice, and there are MANY reasons behind making it (in either direction)!

Any "modifications" to your child, due to appearance or medical reasons, are personal choices we make as parents and there's no right or wrong. I am a bit hesitant about not circumsizing this LO... but like I said my oldest was circumsized and had issues early on, fortunately hasn't had any problems since. So I really don't sway one way or the other as far as that's concerned. My OH and I were talking about ear piercing last night and he mentioned getting a diamond stud on our LO's ear... to which I replied HECK NO! If we had a daughter, maybe... but not my baby boy! I know some boys, well more older teens and men, have their ear(s) pierced. I have rarely seen a small male child with piercings and never an infant. I don't want someone coming up to my baby and thinking he's a girl :dohh: Just my personal thoughts and hoping it isn't something he's really pushing for (he doesn't seem to be).

Any "modifications" to your child, due to appearance or medical reasons, are personal choices we make as parents and there's no right or wrong. I am a bit hesitant about not circumsizing this LO... but like I said my oldest was circumsized and had issues early on, fortunately hasn't had any problems since. So I really don't sway one way or the other as far as that's concerned. My OH and I were talking about ear piercing last night and he mentioned getting a diamond stud on our LO's ear... to which I replied HECK NO! If we had a daughter, maybe... but not my baby boy! I know some boys, well more older teens and men, have their ear(s) pierced. I have rarely seen a small male child with piercings and never an infant. I don't want someone coming up to my baby and thinking he's a girl :dohh: Just my personal thoughts and hoping it isn't something he's really pushing for (he doesn't seem to be).

I won't be piercing either sons ear either. If they want to do it as an adult they then can. I especially wouldnt as a infant or even under 16. I seen a little boy with both ears pierced and his Mohawk dyed blonde. Some things I think is just too grown for children ya know...

Almost 30 weeks!! Waahoo!
Ok, so I'm making progress!!
Starting to get really uncomfy in the evenings when I just want to lounge on the sofa but back is either all up in my ribs, or on my bladder so I have to pee every ad break!
Doing great other than that though!

Had another boy dream last night - second time, and I haven't had any girl dreams... wonder if they'll prove to be accurate?? :D

Got word last night that I barely failed the second hour of my glucose test, so my doctor takes that and says its gestational diabetes. I'm majorly bummed. After infertility and mild hyperemesis I've always relied on how easy and enjoyable the last half of my pregnancies are. Now I'm discouraged that this is just going to complicate the end of my pregnancy. Major sads over here. I talk to the nutritionist sometime this week I guess, until then just going off my friends' experiences.

Daydream - sorry to hear that :( Hope your nutritionist is able to work with you to find something that won't be too onerous!

Aww I'm sorry daydream but don't feel too bad... I just spoke with the nurse at my doc's office and apparently I failed my test. Here I've been thinking I passed since I hadn't heard anything from them in over a week :dohh: So now I get to go spend my Saturday morning at the hospital getting my blown drawn multiple times over the course of 3 1/2-4 hours without eating :growlmad:

That sucks daydream... hope it's easily manageable!

Yay on almost 30 weeks sparkles!!

I'm exhausted today. Got leg cramps two nights in a row. Thought I'd been staying hydrated enough so I'm gonna drink a ton of water today (and probably pee a zillion times).

Tristansmom - I heard sometimes you dream the opposite of what you are having ;) I can't wait till September for yours and the other team yellow genders!!

Finally got the voicemail on my phone from my doc's office that messed up Friday and spoke with the nurse who told me I did indeed FAIL my GD test! I had taken the test a week prior to the call so assumed no news was good news by then :dohh: Going Saturday for the 3 1/2-4 hour starvation period and getting like 4 blood draws :growlmad: Sitting here at my desk at work wallowing in my own self pity as I eat the remainder of my Sour Patch Kids :sad1:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->