2015 September Sweet Peas!!! all welcome to join

Cutie is that like pain or discomfort in the area where your inner leg/thigh meets your torso/pelvis area? I've had that some on my left side. It wasn't a terrible pain but pretty uncomfortable and enough to where I was like what in the heck is that?!

Hi ladies,

I've not posted on here since my 1st trimester as ive been super busy. But finally starting to slow down now and taking some time to relax and i can't wait until I can relax even more once I finish work in 6 weeks time!

How is everyone doing? I recognise a few names from when I was TTC.

With regards to the weight gain discussion I am 30+1 today (my ticker is wrong as my EDD changed after my 12 week scan) and I've currently gained 32lb! I didn't want to put on more than 42lb in my pregnancy so FX'd I can stick to it!

Is everyone ready for their little ones arrival yet? We still have a few more bits to buy but we are nearly there. We are planning on getting everything bought and organised by end July.

Xx

Welcome back, Bing! Looks as though we're not due date twins any more, but thats ok! I'm welcoming my little man to come as soon as he wants once he's fully cooked in there. I'm not on here a lot either, I check often I just don't post much. Glad everything is going well for you- do you know what you're having?

32 weeks today!

w1vNsjLxiQXmOVwhK5Wucbdy_fjKT5qsY1TiXfsNO48=w259-h667-no
fUS5km_Ktmr50JZsUjoPa1QJc49FjeWHtodJw036as4=s667-no

Hey everyone, I hope everyone & baby are well!

I too don't post much here, but I do read.

I went for an ultrasound Monday at 28+6 & my baby was 3 pounds 1 ounce, measuring 29+3.

What is everyone else's latest stats?

Lastest news: I was admitted to the hospital this morning for uncontrolled blood sugars. I would have went yesterday, but there were no beds available. I feel okay in this moment, but for the last week or so, my blood sugar levels have been spiking high and dropping very low and it's not safe for the baby. So they have to do a complete observation and stabilize me. I will probably be in until Friday night or Saturday morning.

My babyshower is Saturday at 430 pm. I have family coming in out of state, still have to buy some shoes for my outfit, get a pedicure/manicure, pick up cake, etc. I know this is important for my baby's health, but I'm praying everything works out perfectly all around. I've been excited about this baby shower for weeks!

babifever - I'm so sorry you're having a hard time controlling your sugars, but glad you're under good care. Hopefully everything will fall into place just in time for your shower.

I haven't had any updated scans. We have one next Friday to check baby's kidney. It measured 4.4 at the 20 week scan and should be 4. This is apparently pretty common especially for boys. So they will check again at 30 weeks to see if it's resolved already, otherwise they do an ultrasound on it after birth, usually once they've peed a few times it will go to normal. So we'll see! I'm not too worried.

I'm still dealing with the GD diagnosis. I've been testing at home for almost two weeks now and have no trouble controlling my levels as long as I go on a 10 min walk after lunch and dinner. The GD diet is VERY carb heavy compared to how I normally eat, so the first week when I was trying to meet those goals I was having to walk more, but this week I've decided to eat more closer to normal and it's been completely fine. I read the book Real Food for Gestational Diabetes by Lily Nichols and now I feel like a GD expert. Hormones do change as you progress in your pregnancy so I'm ready to make further changes to diet and exercise if needed and hopefully will stay med free.

I did meet with my OB yesterday and their standard practice is to induce diet controlled GD at 40 weeks, which I have a problem with because I really didn't want pitocin this delivery. She basically shrugged me off saying I would probably end up with it anyway. Seriously disappointed in her attitude, so I've been working with my RE to see if she has a recommendation for a new OB. Annoying to switch this late in the game, but I'm feeling very strongly that I need someone who is less robotic and will listen.

I did meet with my OB yesterday and their standard practice is to induce diet controlled GD at 40 weeks, which I have a problem with because I really didn't want pitocin this delivery. She basically shrugged me off saying I would probably end up with it anyway. Seriously disappointed in her attitude, so I've been working with my RE to see if she has a recommendation for a new OB. Annoying to switch this late in the game, but I'm feeling very strongly that I need someone who is less robotic and will listen.

At my office and from what I read often most diabolical patient's are induced, controlled or not, at about 38-39 weeks. This is because diabetes does cause the placenta to fail before a normal pregnancy[placenta] would, which can of course cause stillbirth. Stillbirth in general is a common problem with diabetes as well.

Trust me I get it, I was hoping to go into labor naturally myself, and maybe I will. But I'm on board with the induction. You do know you can refuse by the way.

At my office and from what I read often most diabolical patient's are induced, controlled or not, at about 38-39 weeks. This is because diabetes does cause the placenta to fail before a normal pregnancy[placenta] would, which can of course cause stillbirth. Stillbirth in general is a common problem with diabetes as well.

Trust me I get it, I was hoping to go into labor naturally myself, and maybe I will. But I'm on board with the induction. You do know you can refuse by the way.

Yeah I've read that med controlled GD often is induced at 39 weeks or 40 weeks, but that diet controlled is allowed to go to 41 weeks most often. The guidance is not consistent. Since I don't have a problem maintaining normal BS levels, I would rather be allowed the 41 weeks. If for any reason things get more out of control as I progress, then I'd definitely reconsider that. I'm more concerned with her blase attitude about my desire to try to go without pitocin. Her dismissiveness was disturbing.

Yeah I've read that med controlled GD often is induced at 39 weeks or 40 weeks, but that diet controlled is allowed to go to 41 weeks most often. The guidance is not consistent. Since I don't have a problem maintaining normal BS levels, I would rather be allowed the 41 weeks. If for any reason things get more out of control as I progress, then I'd definitely reconsider that. I'm more concerned with her blase attitude about my desire to try to go without pitocin. Her dismissiveness was disturbing.

I understand. If you are against it and feel confident, dont do it. It's your choice. My doctor straight told me it was my choice, very nice about it.

Babifever I hope they hey your blood sugar under control and everything works out for you and you enjoy your baby shower.

Daydream I hope everything works out for you as well.

I don't post much either but I have been on weekly appointments since 27 weeks due to protein in my urine today I made 31 weeks and all is well with my baby girl and I'm so thankful that my blood pressure has not started to rise. My doctor is just monitoring me closely because when pregnant with my daughter I stated to develop pre eclampsia and had to be induced at 38 weeks I am hoping I can go into labor on my own because that pitocin was awful.... but I do have a ultrasound scheduled for next week.

Babifever I hope they hey your blood sugar under control and everything works out for you and you enjoy your baby shower.

Daydream I hope everything works out for you as well.

I don't post much either but I have been on weekly appointments since 27 weeks due to protein in my urine today I made 31 weeks and all is well with my baby girl and I'm so thankful that my blood pressure has not started to rise. My doctor is just monitoring me closely because when pregnant with my daughter I stated to develop pre eclampsia and had to be induced at 38 weeks I am hoping I can go into labor on my own because that pitocin was awful.... but I do have a ultrasound scheduled for next week.

Thanks. I hear people say pitocin is awful. But I don't have anything to compare it too. Only one birth with pitocin. I'm kinda hoping I just go natural, but honestly my induction would be good for planning. It's up to baby if he's going to come before they induce me tho :coffee:

Oh babifever I hope everything works out for you and glad you are being well looked after :hugs:

daydream I'd be frustrated with someone like that who isn't more compassionate and understanding of your personal preferences.

My ankles and feet seem to be swelling a bit again and my fingers are more sore than usual today. It must me this humidity.

My next appointment is Wednesday the 15th then two weeks after that then onto weekly visits. Been getting a bit done at home. We have everything we wanted and need and the nursery is pretty much done. Just trying to finish renovations in the rest of the house so my mom and I can deep clean the house and wash baby's things before he arrives.

Mamabunny - my fingers are swollen too, though my legs and feet aren't. Haven't been able to wear my rings for over a week. I think it's the heat - it's over 35 C here, which translates to around 95 F I think - might not seem that hot to you folks further south, but up here that's a real scorcher!! We just aren't used to that kind of heat!

We've had a relatively mild summer so far in northern Ohio. I cannot imagine dealing with temps in the 90's right now... it's a comfortable low 70's as of late and I've been sweating! Humidity is definitely not my friend.

I haven't posted in a while but have been popping in to take a peek every now and then. The high temps and humidity here have me hiding the AC every chance I can get. 30 weeks today! Hoping the rest flies by as I'm not enjoying this last stretch at all...

Must admit I'm starting to think about labour now... as much as I try not to...

Mango I hear ya! I'm so glad we have central air... I'd die without it! We have a pool in our backyard but I've only managed to get in it twice this summer, most recently on Independence Day. My lounge raft wasn't blown up so I stuck my belly in an inner tube and rested my head on a ball :laugh2: Been so busy with house renovations I just haven't taken the time to really relax.

So far we have completed the brand new fourth bedroom, which was previously an unused family room space with wood burner stove and brick hearth... all gutted and OH built an amazing large walk in closet. We moved my DS into our prior bedroom, DD into her big brother's prior room and have given the baby my DD's prior room... all freshly painted, carpet shampooed and new bifold closet doors. The nursery is pretty much complete with crib, glider and ottoman, dresser/changing table, cube shelf with bins and we have everything we need supply-wise for when baby arrives!

We are currently working on finishing up the room just outside our new bedroom. New laminate flooring, some drywall work, painting... we still have a few things to do but it's so close to being complete! I plan, well hope, to have EVERYTHING - house reno and preparations for baby - completed by my 36 week mark :thumbup: I've been helping with everything as much as I can but it's getting difficult the bigger I get but I'm still at it!

I too have been thinking about labour recently. More so the timing than anything as I'm due around the time my kids go back to school and want to be there for ds2 very first day! But, I also want a Sept baby!!

Soooo, constipation has hit. Urghh, hope I don't need iron tablets this time too as that's going to make things harder (excuse the pun!)

Hey Littlejune

We are going team yellow so no idea if I'm cooking up a little boy or girl! Neither of us minds either way, so long as they are healthy is all we care about.

Are you all ready for when your little man arrives? Do you have names picked?

Xx

Welcome back, Bing! Looks as though we're not due date twins any more, but thats ok! I'm welcoming my little man to come as soon as he wants once he's fully cooked in there. I'm not on here a lot either, I check often I just don't post much. Glad everything is going well for you- do you know what you're having?

Babifever - I hope everything works out okay for you!

Mama bunny - wow, I can't imagine taking on all those renovations being so pregnant. I've struggled just trying to get one room ready for when baby arrives! :haha:

I've started my antenatal classes now so it's made me think about labour a lot too now. I'd preferably like a water birth but our hospital only has 2 pools and it's first come first served so if they are in use when I go into labour I won't be able to have one. Fingers crossed i can use one though. Has anyone else sorted out their labour plans yet?

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->