2015 September Sweet Peas!!! all welcome to join

Sparkles I'm concerned about the fact that I'm due just after my kiddos start school... and that I may be stuck in the hospital for their first day :cry: That will be hard on me, but I trust my mom to handle things if need be. As long as I get to speak to them before they head out and some photos are taken all will be well with the world.

Bing it's definitely more difficult maneuvering around doing certain things, like bending over or crouching. I tire easily. BUT... I had a huge burst of productivity while OH was at work over the entire weekend! I routered out hinge spaces, cut out knob and bolt spaces and installed two slab doors, sanded and painted some touch ups on the wall, hung some drywall and corner bead and slapped a coat of mud over it all, installed some casing and baseboard and textured the ceiling :bodyb:

It looks much better now compared to before photos (left) and we are SO CLOSE to being done with EVERYTHING :happydance:

E72B6T49z0AAaKpPuhhOXH7lKUlgA28bCQk8bmAgXZY=s667-no
_a-edmoUq33-FZMKDOhJXPrC8PVGKFcQXl67tWXLOsY=s667-no

We have basically renovated a big chunk of our house - all three bedrooms upstairs, created a fourth bedroom downstairs for us and completing the room just outside our new bedroom which will serve as a nice little media room with our recliner, computer desk, TV/monitor on the wall. When our LO is up at night, one of us can simply get him out of his bassinet and take him to the recliner to feed and rock to sleep without disturbing anyone else :thumbup:

OH and I have discussed our preferences for labor, delivery and afterwards. I was started to type out a birth plan, but want to speak with my doctor first at my next appointment to discuss things with him and see what I really need to specify in writing. The hospital I'll deliver at is very big on immediate skin to skin and breastfeeding, which is great for us. My main concern is how to handle family and other visitors. We are still unsure whether we want anyone in the room for delivery, but I want photos and video so would need at least one person there :shrug: We want our time as a family after the birth, plus I'll be pretty naked, so definitely don't want people just coming in unannounced until we are settled in the postpartum room at least.

Wow! That's great you are almost done :)

We still have sooo much left to do and I have zero energy. Baby's room is completely empty right now. We're still putting the last bit of paint. Then have to assemble all the furniture. I did wash all the clothes we got up to now so I guess that's a start.
DH and I discussed our birth plan after the prenatal class we took mid-june. My hospital also encourages immediate skin-to-skin and breastfeeding :) my DH will be the only one in delivery with me. Depending on how long I have to stay in the hospital, I don't want visitors until we're back snug in our room. It's easier for me to decide this though because all my family are 1.5 hours away and DH only has his parents nearby. The rest are out of province. I fully expect to be home by the time any of my family decide they want to visit :rofl:

My mom said I won't hurt her feelings one bit if I decide not to have her there when I deliver. She was beside me for my last two deliveries, but stayed tucked in the corner up by my head :laugh2: My older brother was even there when I gave birth, just up by my head with my mom. He passed away and my older sister isn't speaking with my mom currently and she was going to be my designated photo/video taker. I'm leaning more towards a personal, intimate, private experience with OH for this one... just need to figure out a way to get photos and video :shrug: It's going to be a whirlwind of emotions and a big blur so I want as much captured on camera as possible, especially OH's reaction.

I want skin to skin for a bit then once they weigh and measure baby OH is going to have some skin to skin time as well. We would like our time to bond with baby and allow the older kids to meet their new sibling and bond as well before allowing ancy, excited family to rush in to try swooping him up. Depending how things go they may be waiting awhile.

Bing28, I hope you get your water birth. I had one with my first and loved it! The hospital I'm at doesn't offer them anymore which I'm not happy about. They have just started using gas and air so at least there's that!

We haven't done anything to prepare for this baby :/. Our daughter is only 21 mo so we have all of her things. We do need a new/ larger bassinet as we plan on keeping the new baby (we're team yellow) in our room for a while. We also need another car seat and a swing or rock and play of some sort. That I'm not even 100% sure I need since I plan on wearing the baby a lot. I'm hoping this one is a little less fussy though and doesn't mind being put down.

aaaah mamabunny you're so freaking cute lol... I look like a house!

I have 30 work days remaining, 27 if my vacay gets approved (I've asked for the last 3 Wednesdays in August off, as I'll have weekly appointments anyways and 5 day workweeks are getting haaaaaaaaaaard...)

Trying not to just completely check out at work yet lol.

Aww Tristansmom whether you feel that you like a house or not I am positive you are gorgeous! I still don't mind work, getting up and going or being here... to me it's like a break from the chaos at home, though I'd rather be home finishing up our renovations and doing more baby prep. It'll get done though! I have a doc appointment today. Curious to see what I've gained and if my lil guy has changed position at all. He's been head down since 26 weeks but over to my left side. My belly's been feeling a bit different so perhaps he's moved more centrally :shrug:

Mamabunny - well done on your burst of energy last weekend! I guess a final push to get it finished was worthwhile! P.s love your bump updates!

Tritansmum - I've not got long left at work either...22 working days left for me! I can't wait! I have a 1.5 hour commute each way so I'm finishing work at 36 weeks. I've lost all motivation now and am on official countdown! :haha:

I found my first stretch marks right under my bump yesterday. Was pretty gutted as I was hoping to get away without getting any.

When did everyone else notice their first stretch marks with their first (if they got them) and did they get worse/more as time went on?

I have 6 weeks and 2 days left... definitely on a countdown. I have no motivation to work.

I found stretch marks 2 weeks ago and I was pretty bummed as well. They're also under my bump and just on the right side. I've stepped up my application of coco butter in hopes they'll fade away. I was told as long as they're still red, they could fade. FX!!!

With my first I noticed them around 28 weeks, I did get more towards the end. They all faded to a silvery shimmery colour, and I've just recycled them with each pregnancy (this is my 4th) without any new ones. I used to hate them but now I just accept it, they are what they are, most women get them and they were for a good reason. Meh.

And... I failed my 1 hour glucose test... BOOOOO!!! I'm annoyed I found out 2 weeks after I took the test at my appointment today. Thought no news was good news! Doing the 2 hour test on Wednesday next week.
My iron is also low and I have to take supplements.

But, baby was good. Heart rate was 141 bpm and I'm still maintaining a 1lb per week weight gain. I was so worried after being on vacation last week and having eaten a whole lot but I guess thinking about it, I really only pick at my food since there's no room for a full meal anyways :haha:

My c section consult appointment did not exactly go as planned...

Babys tummy measurement has dropped from the 32 percentile to the 10th. I am having another scan in a week to see if baby has grown or if there is a problem. CTG and scan next week and then I see the head consultant. Trying not to Google or freak out but its very scary.

They are concerned that I am at massive risk of blood clots with being immobile so am now having to give myself injections daily. Did the first one on my own this morning - not helping my hatred of needles!!!

I will be having a c section but don't know when and didn't even end up discussing tubal ligation

My head is a mess right now

hugs to you both carebear and crazymama. We're getting the near the end, so just keep your eyes on the prize!

We had a 3D ultrasound and the pictures are great, he looks exactly like his big brother. Though we have to go back every four weeks, measuring 77th percentile overall... but his head... 4-5 weeks ahead. Meaning right now measuring around 35 weeks. But DS1's head at birth was 91st percentile, so I've done it before, just have to do it again I suppose.

Attachments

• 3D SCAN_16 copy.jpg
    3D SCAN_16 copy.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 2
Daydream that's a good shot my little man is always laying his head on my placenta, lol.

Aw! So cute daydream!

:hugs: Crazymumma hope you have a good upcoming appointment/scan!

Yes, not much longer now :)

Wow daydream what a great photo!

Here's my lil guy Friday evening. He was like this most of the day and pretty much throughout the weekend. At around 15 seconds in seems like he's kicking the cord or something off his leg :laugh2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwvtAOvxpB8

Lol he us really rumbling. I get this every once in a while. But yeah constant movement here too.

Great video you got! Every time I try to video his movements he stops! So I have a billion videos of my belly breathing lol. He's a shy one already

Anyone else have a feeling if they going to go over/be early/on due date??

I was 11 days late last time. How did everyone else go in relation to #no of pg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->