2015 September Sweet Peas!!! all welcome to join

haha, Mamabunny. It's not like we are dtd'ing often, but when we do, I always get BH after.

Thanks sbmack! Your boss sounds amazing!! I'm definitely going to have to find one like that!

That's great you had an awesome appointment mamabunny!!! And ur little guy is head down :wohoo:
Men :haha:

We don't have our name narrowed down yet either. Although we do have the middle name.
Once you see him/her, maybe it'll just click

We've got some contenders for names...and a middle boys name. I don't want to decide before the baby is here but I would like to narrow it down to a top two for each sex :)

Our daughter, Stella, was nine days old before we finally decided on her name :shock:

I get major tightening and BH when OH and I :sex: and I made the mistake of telling him his semen can help soften my cervix :dohh: So now he's went from being afraid to blow his batter all over our son's head to wanting to get up in there as much as possible :rofl: I told him to wait until I'm 37 weeks then he can have at it :thumbup:

SB - I didn't remember it took that long to name Stella! LOL! Well you came up with a great one, so just have to be patient I guess :)

I also get contractions after DTD. We try to keep it up through the last trimester, I actually get MORE interest as I get closer to due date. So yeah.. lol.

I haven't been having any BH yet :( I feel like that means I'm gonna go over.... Sigh. But I have been having episodes of feeling short of breath and kind of panicky... I can't really tell what's cause and what's effect though - I suspect that baby punching on my diaphragm is causing the shortness of breath and that is triggering my anxiety? makes it tough to get anything done that's for sure!!!

I got my breast pump yesterday, a Medela Pump In Style Advanced Starter Set.

EMykc5mpFPhAAMPFxrZJS3eOgBEcoJyqs6dJJSPJJlg=w376-h667-no

I was too excited and wasn't going to but... I had to try it! OH tried first on his hairy man nipple :rofl: Then I did and holy cow...

rlGJYX-GL-pGy9dx5JORXFGp6i9aiJQthtF3ciU1dk4=w376-h667-no

Wasn't expecting that, just maybe a few drips. It was over the course of about 10 minutes. The first two minutes is the Stimulation Phase, where it pumps a bit faster to encourage the milk to flow. Then it turns into the Expression Phase, where it pumps at a slower, steady pace as the milk flows into the bottle(s). Colostrum kept coming out but I decided to stop, as I didn't feel it was necessary or ideal to be pumping anything right now... plus I'm afraid of encouraging pre-term labor. But I'm super pleased with the pump and excited to try nursing our LO when he comes. It's kind of reassuring that even if breastfeeding doesn't go well at first, I can likely still pump colostrum for him and then milk when it comes in while continuing to work on latch, etc.

Wow, Mamabunny. That's great you were able to pump that much colostrum. Should have no issues feeding lo :) I have the same pump and loved it. Had a car adapter and pumped while driving a lot because of work :/

I have a bnb friend that is thinking about expressing some colostrum in case she needs an emergency c section. The baby is breech and she may go in to see if they can turn him.

Daydream, I'm the same way the closer to the end...I get more interested in dtd. I wonder if it's your body helping to move things along. haha.

I'm looking into getting the bra holder thingy (that's my terminology for it :laugh2:) so whenever I pump I won't have both of my hands tied up, as well as the car power adapter. Once I'm back to work I hope to take a few daily pump sessions out in my car in the back area (I have a Chevrolet Traverse and the rear windows are slightly tinted) and using the bra thing with a cover will be convenient enough I suppose. There's really nowhere else I can pump besides the single person office bathroom and I don't want to tie that up :nope: I'm sure I'll be able to figure something out with my boss that works, if needed, I hope.

I'm wondering if I could start pumping a small colostrum supply for LO once I'm at 37+ weeks :shrug: That way, if I have a CS or even with vaginal birth if LO doesn't take to my breast right away he can still be fed my milk. Now I must research...

There's a super cheap DIY option for the bra-holder-thingy - just cut 1/2-inch holes in a comfy sports bra (doesn't have to be super supportive since you won't actually be using it for sports lol), and zig-zag stitch around the holes. :)

Amazing you can pump so much already mamabunny. I'm nervous I won't have a good supply. I had my nipples pierced when I was young and silly and although I read that it should be fine, I still worry. I have sprung a leak though, out of one of the piercing holes :rofl: even though I've had the jewelry out for over 10 years! Might even be closer to 15...

I had a great appointment with my OB. I passed the 2 hour glucose test :happydance: and I get to see the little guy again since he was measuring 2 weeks ahead... ultrasound booked for next friday. He's head down too. Hope he stays that way!
And I lost 2 lbs! Weird. OB wasn't worried though.

36 weeks today!! I'm so happy to be getting closer to d-day, but my last baby was 12 days late, so could still be another 6ish weeks!! :-s

I bought one of those hands free bras and the zipper broke twice. I ended up just shoving the pumps into my bra and they stayed put no problem. My friend just got these though and swear by them so i think I'll be getting some...
https://www.freemie.com/

Sparkles, you're so close! I hope you don't go that much over this time!

Whoa! Those freemie things are awesome! I want them even though I really really do not need them.. :haha:

What position is everyone's LO in? I'm getting vaguely nervous because Leo is stubbornly hanging out on the right, though he's anterior and head down, but they say it's pretty common for ROA babies to flip posterior in labor! I'm only 33 weeks though.. Not sure if he's likely to flip before labor?

This baby moves around so much it's hard to tell where he/she is. What's ROA? Don't worry about position yet though...still plenty of time. I'm pretty sure dd was transverse until a couple weeks before delivery last time.

I will actually cry if I go over. My oh has been saying all throughout this pg that I won't reach my dd but.since going.on early mat I've rli slowed down he thinks now il.go over.

Pgp is already so intense and restless legs on a night keeping me awake I'm so ready to be over and done with already. Will anyone be trying eviction technics from a safe date??

Melewen up until last app mw she was slightly wonky transverse back to back, now I believe she's head down back to one side but I could be wrong. I'm back at mw next Monday.

There's a super cheap DIY option for the bra-holder-thingy - just cut 1/2-inch holes in a comfy sports bra (doesn't have to be super supportive since you won't actually be using it for sports lol), and zig-zag stitch around the holes. :)

Omigosh thanks for the idea! I actually have three sports bras that fit very snug and have been quite small for some time that'd work perfectly! I'm just not sure how I'd manage to use this method during work hours :shrug: Something that I can put on like a vest that zips or buttons in the front would be ideal in order to save time... but at home the sports bras would be absolutely fine! I saw the pump bra is like $35 here :shock: Perhaps I can find a sports bra that zips up the front or something...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->