2015 September Sweet Peas!!! all welcome to join

Good luck shelli. Looking forward to hearing baby has arrived safe and sound :)

Thanks ladies, just waiting for a bed on labour ward to come free as I have to be induced there due to previous c-section.

Wow good luck Shelli! You're the second September mama I've read about today that's had/having her baby! Makes me nervous as I'm a super early September due date (the 2nd) so it's becoming very real that labor could happen any day now for me :wacko:

I'm nearly 38 weeks and caught a lovely sinus infection/cold from a coworker :growlmad: Have still not packed my hospital bag as I spent a majority of the weekend in bed miserable. We have finished all the reno on our house and I wanted to deep clean, pack my bag and keep things tidy but of course that hasn't happened quite yet... Going to call my doctor today just to be safe. I've been resting, sipping warm broth, eating tons of oatmeal and drinking fluids. I Googled "sinus infection while pregnant" and apparently a sinus infection isn't contagious... but since the coworker had/has this exact thing I'm convinced it's something viral and want to be sure the baby isn't at risk.

Mamabunny, sorry to hear you've been sick. That's no fun in the summer!

I have a feeling I'm going to go early but only by a week or so. I should still pack a hospital bag sooner than later. I didn't last time and it wasn't fun to rush around throwing things together. I had everything I needed but forgot to include a going home outfit for the baby. haha.

I think I have SPD now. I'm in a lot of pain that I thought would go away overnight but it's still there. I thought maybe I pulled a muscle swimming yesterday but after a google, it sounds like SPD. I'm seeing a chiropractor that specializes in pregnancy later this week...hoping that some adjusting can dull the pain. This makes me nervous for delivery. I had a natural water birth with my first and can't deliver in the water this time. Hoping this doesn't interfere too much.

Good luck Shelli!!

Sorry you're sick mamabunny, it's the worst to get sick towards the end! I hope you get over it quickly! Try a sinus rinse to clean things out, hopefully that will provide some relief.

SB - Oh no! I'm sorry about the SPD, I've heard chiropractors can work wonders at the end of pregnancy, so I hope they do the same for you. If it is SPD, I believe that goes away quickly after birth?

AFM - Still growing away. Did some good nesting this weekend, but still need DH to get our bassinet, crib, baby bath, and carseat out of our storage unit. All the laundry is done and sorted away, even our diapers now. I just have to wash our newborn sized prefolds a couple more times. This is the first time we're planning to cloth as soon as the meconium is gone. Last time we waited until DS could fit in the bg 4.0's which was about 1 month I think. We're going to do prefolds and nb sized PUL covers this time around. We also got all bg freetimes and will be selling our used bg 4.0s. So over the week, need to lay the 4.0s in the sun to get them looking their best to sell.

We have our hospital tour tomorrow night, since because we switched OBs, we're delivering at a different hospital, this one only a few blocks from our house, so I'm very happy about that. Hopefully I like what I see at the tour! In first tri I had IV fluids at their infusion center and really had a wonderful experience, so I'm assuming birth center will be similarly positive.

Just got some interesting info from my HR/Payroll area about starting mat leave early without *really* starting early - if the doctor recommends that I not work anymore (as in, if he feels that it's not good for me to be in a sitting position for 8+ hours/day at this stage in pregnancy, exacerbating my back and hip issues even more than pregnancy already does....) then I could go on medical leave without it impacting my maternity leave, and the med leave would last until the day baby is actually born...! I've been planning to work until at least the 31st but this changes everything! I'll be talking to my doc on Wednesday to find out his thoughts on the matter, but I think I might have a shot...!

Sounds like that could be a great way to go without taking away your mat leave :thumb up:

thats what we do in California. Its pretty common to go on STD 4 weeks before and it doesnt cut into your post delivery STD. my work subsidizes the portion CA SDI doesnt pay so we still end up with 100% pay. a luxury for sure!

I can't believe the difference in policy's in different countries. I feel so lucky to be in the uk. I've been on sick leave from work since the beginning of February with HG and then started my mat leave at 34 weeks. I can't imagine feeling I have to work when feeling so rough like some of you have had to do in order to get more time off when baby arrives, I really so feel sorry for you.

Appointment on Friday with a consultant to discuss an induction as I'm in so much pain. Fingers crossed x

xLaura, it is kinda crummy. I'm working up until I deliver. And right now I have a sinus/chest cold I contracted from a coworker and have still been coming into work 5 days a week, on top of being so heavily pregnant. Not fun.

38 weeks today!
:shock: :shock: :shock:

HYJ_WD9wZrHnbg6d3cuFVFIIdmk-UY_UFwJbT3q9kDI=w268-h667-no
iEbI6WRbUwolGq0bkN6dMEGxgpzYf_1xAJsEErqW1Oo=s667-no

Doctor appointment this afternoon. Feeling like there won't be any change from the last two weeks but that's OK as I'm still feeling under the weather.

Anyone else getting period pains at the bottom of their bump? It happens a few times a day.

I slept on the sofa last night, I'm just so fed up with not getting comfy in bed, I have bad thigh pain from laying on my sides but can't lay on my back. I have bad acid reflux too. My restless legs are driving me to distraction. I have never been so tired and feel like Aidans summer holidays are rubbish as I haven't got the energy to do anything with him.

Hopefully not long to go now.

I'd love to start using my tens machine for back pain relief? Do u think it's safe to use yet??

Mummy2_1 with my DD I used a tens machine and started using it after 37 weeks. I used itt initially during labour but about half way through I took it off as I begun to find it more annoying than anything. I hope it works better for you!

Well baby couldn't hold on until 36 weeks it seems. My waters went this morning so I'm currently sat in labour ward being monitored. Looking like steroid injections today and induction tomorrow!

Good luck Shellideaks!! As we speak you're probably meeting your precious pumpkin. So exciting.:happydance:

Appointment on Friday with a consultant to discuss an induction as I'm in so much pain. Fingers crossed x

Awww Ella hope your pain eases and they ae abel to give you a date. Hang in there.

Had my 38week app this morning. Midwife has booked me a sweep for my due date, whoop!

Hi Sparkles, I've always wondered why women like to have the sweep done. Is it to help speed up labour and delivery? I found it so uncomfortable was wondering if it was entirely necessary.

Anyone else getting period pains at the bottom of their bump? It happens a few times a day.

I slept on the sofa last night, I'm just so fed up with not getting comfy in bed, I have bad thigh pain from laying on my sides but can't lay on my back. I have bad acid reflux too. My restless legs are driving me to distraction. I have never been so tired and feel like Aidans summer holidays are rubbish as I haven't got the energy to do anything with him.

Hopefully not long to go now.

Aww Choc you're not alone. I feel the same with with my DD. I feel as though I haven't had enough patience with her or been as involved with her as I normally am due to my energy. But I'm trying to stay conscious of it and always try to do better... all we can do is try Choc, we're only human.

As for me I fund out today that doc can't quite tell if baby is head down or breached so I'm being sent for an ultrasound. (4th ultrasound this pregnancy)... with DD yrs ago I only had 2... Hopefully baby is head down or else I'll quite worried.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->