2015 September Sweet Peas!!! all welcome to join

i m glad everyone's day went well.

For me, just got really bad runny nose like I literally attached to the Kleenex tissue box. I have been having a cold since the day we conceived, so like 4 weeks ago. Then got a flu with fever last week, could not take anything beside Tylenol. It is suck to have cold symptoms for like the entire month. I hope it won't affect the little bean inside.

In my culture, it is a bad luck if you shop for baby related stuff (clothing, cribs, picking out baby name, etc...) before your third trimester as you will increase your miscarried chance. What do you all think? Sometimes I feel like to take a peek at what they have at the baby stores but I am scared of the old wise tales, so I tried to refrained myself from doing anything baby related for now, until 3rd trimester kick in.

mamabunny - sorry to hear about your rash. Could it be because of cold weather and the skin acted up. I used to have rash on my leg during the winter and the Dr. just said to lotion it up. It helped.
Choc - i m always worried about this pregnancy. I don't know why they make us wait a long time before we can have the first ultrasound as I don't know how the baby doing. I rather they scan us like every 2 weeks to calm our mind.

Hey all, today was much of the same with gas and burping all day, now I'm a little bloated but no bad cramps like I had last time with my loss.

Choc I totally get the worrying, I'm so nervous about this one and know I will be heartbroken if I lose two in a row but I'm trying to be calm and tell myself that everything is fine.

In my culture, it is a bad luck if you shop for baby related stuff (clothing, cribs, picking out baby name, etc...) before your third trimester as you will increase your miscarried chance. What do you all think? Sometimes I feel like to take a peek at what they have at the baby stores but I am scared of the old wise tales, so I tried to refrained myself from doing anything baby related for now, until 3rd trimester kick in.

It is just a superstition. Whatever is going to happen is going to happen no matter what. So if you want to look at baby cribs and start thinking about names, I say go ahead!

My 5w5d ultrasound today was awesome. I don't want to spam it all over the place, so here's a link to my post on another thread where I posted the picture :) --> https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...see-your-6-week-scan-pics-4.html#post34615779

Nice u/s knobby. What a proud Mommy posting babies first picture.

Do you have other u/s set up?

Nice u/s knobby. What a proud Mommy posting babies first picture.

Do you have other u/s set up?

Yes, I have a follow-up scan in 1 week so we can see the heartbeat more clearly. :)

Aww so nice to see scan pic. First of the thread. Yay. Anyone dreaming of the future?
I let my self day dream of what the future might be like. In my mind I see another boy. My son and another boy playing together. It's a nice daydream.

I occasionally dream of what it's going to be like. I also see myself with 2 boys, then again I've always seen myself with 2 boys.

However most of the time I'm like what's the point, it's not going to work out anyway. I don't know why I'm so negative, it's weird.

However saying that I was tempted to buy a perfect prep machine yday as I saw one on offer. But 1) I really want to breastfeed this time and 2) im convinced it's not going to work out .... However it was a good deal ... I might still buy it. I bought things early on last time and it didn't really bother me, I just thought it's not going to make anything bad happen, if it does I can just keep it for the next one.

Hi Ladies! May I join?
I'm due September 14th with our first :) Congratulations to everyone else!

oh xLaura, i am so with you on the pessimistic thoughts. I lost 3 last year around 6 weeks so although I have that bfp that people seek so bad for, I can't be happy. I was hoping for multiples so I have more chances of keeping at last one but at my last scan they said there was only one. Since then it has been so hard to be positive. Now I don't know if I will ever be out of that high mc risk time. I with thinks could go smoothly like i see some others doing.

I just realized... my September Sweet Pea is the size of a sweet pea now!
Screenshot_2015-01-07-09-12-27-1.png

Was just reviewing and commenting on a thread regarding what foods ladies are cutting out during their pregnancy and figured I'd share since there are a few things I've recently learned of and some I had forgotten about. I didn't even think of this but when I saw a few comments regarding deli meats I recall something regarding that from my previous pregnancies. I Googled it and definitely won't be eating that or hot dogs, as it's very unsafe :nope: Since I got my :bfp: I've also completely nixed coffee and pop or other caffeinated beverages for the most part. I stick to water, juice and milk... though I'm starting to question the effects dairy may be having on me now. No more sushi :cry: I do eat cheese, even soft cheeses like bleu and goat as long as it's pasteurized :thumbup: And no more alcohol for me, of course! I have read you can enjoy a glass of wine every so often but I choose to just go without.

I'm glad I saw the deli meat comments. My bf even brought me a cold cut Subway sub the other week for lunch but now that I know the risk I definitely won't be swallowing any footlongs anytime soon :winkwink: :laugh2:

Mamabunny, I am trying to be really careful with what I ingest as well. I did some research on artificial sweeteners since they happen to be in the gum and yogurt I used to buy and occasional beverages. A study found a correlation between women who consumed artificial sweeteners and preterm delivery. Another article says that it can affect the brains of developing offspring.

https://www.whilesciencesleeps.com/pdf/617.pdf

https://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v231/n5297/abs/231053a0.html

So I think I will stick with regular old natural sugar.

Yikes! I didn't know that! Luckily I don't care for artificial sweeteners like Splenda or Stevia and think diet pop and anything else with artificial sweetener takes like butt :xmas21:

I've been having a few cramps today and a really weird sensation ... It feels like I've got butterfly's in my stomach. (Not meaning I can feel movemnt) it's like I'm really nervous about something lol. Unless it's just me being nervous about the whole pregnancy sticking thing. It's really weird.

How did your midwife visit go? Sorry can't remember who had one yday.

I had one yesterday, it was good, she was lovely and we just talked about things and stuff! It was a booking appointment so just a lot of paperwork really. Still waiting for my scan date im so excited to have it!

Glad it went well court!
Welcome to the new girls!
Ella how are things going?

Here's a little throwback of me right about 20 weeks pregnant with my DS.
All three of us went to senior prom! Yeah, I was THAT girl... :blush:
Prom01.jpg
Now I'm super depressed that at 6 weeks I feel and look so bloated and flabby :cry:
I think I'll put a gym membership on our baby registry :thumbup:

God I wish I looked that good not pregnant let alone 20 weeks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->