2015 September Sweet Peas!!! all welcome to join

Oooooh congrats Leggerio and good luck mummy 2_1!!

AFM castor oil has done nothing (not even a clearout, sigh...) so I guess despite being probably over 9 lbs by this point baby is just not done cooking.

*cue jeopardy theme*

I did tell my mum to please stop asking as I will likely still be pregnant at Christmas...

.... May have spoken too soon about the castor oil. Or it may have just been a coincidence (considering that I only took one tablespoon and most ladies take 2-4 oz....) but I'm having contractions every 6-8 minutes for 45 seconds. It's a long way from here to active labour but at least it's SOMETHING!! I figure if this keeps up till noon (started at 2:30) I'll officially call it early labour :D

Congrats leggerio!!

Tristansmom - Woohoo!! Hope it worked for you!! Keep us updated!!

OMG Tristonsmom! I'm so jealous! Fingers crossed x

Thanks ladies!! Still not quite enough to head to hospital but haven't fizzled out so I think we may be in business!!!

Well to be fair this stage lasted over 48 hours with my son sooooo I may be stuck here for a while

Hope you're busy giving birth tristansmom!
2nd sweep for me tomorrow, if I last that long.

Ha, ofcourse I'll last that long, I'm the forever pregnant woman.

Ruby Elizabeth joined us at 10:10 pm on Labour Day!! Pics later, don't know how to post from my phone!

Congratulations!

2nd sweep for me too Sparkles. Good luck!

Hello all.

Its been a while but

Emilia Jayne

Joined us on Saturday 5th at 04:24 weighing 6lb 2oz at 37+3.

I was induced with Prostin on Thursday the 3rd. Got to 2cms with the Prostin however there were no beds on the labour ward. Waters were finally broken at 2010 on Friday. Syntocinon (that stuff is evil!!!!) At 2130.
Contractions were just back to back and unbearable so gave in to the epidural at 0030 at 4cms and went to sleep! The doctor woke me up at 0400 because babys heartbeat was regularly dipping to 70bpm and they found me to be 9cms. They were prepping me for section but i decided i wasnt waiting and wanted to push!

Intact perineum however a nasty labial tear because she decided to come out with her hand on her head!

Stitches really hurt now ;( im struggling to go for a wee without pain. Im also really struggling with feeding. Milk came in today but shes really struggling to get a decent latch. No signs of tongue tie but am starting to get a little upset now

Congratulations littleone, sorry you are having some difficulties, hope you get the support you need xx

Congrats littleone! Hope you have access to the supports you need for nursing.

Oh and Ruby is 7 lbs 8 oz so much smaller than my ultrasound suggested!!

Actually though, as it turns out there was actually a valid reason all of my measurements were so weird and inconsistent all pregnancy. Ruby had a vanishing twin; she had two complete placentas. No sign at all of the other twin so was probably before 5 weeks that she vanished.

It's weird. I'm ecstatic that she's here and I didn't even know about the twin till the dr told me about the placenta abnormality but I'm still really sad about it. :( Not that it takes away from how happy I am with Ruby but we had joked about twins (who would have been Ruby and Opal) from before getting pregnant. Finding out after the fact that we actually had them... Is a little hard.

Congrats to u both! Both beautiful names!
Hope u get the support u need littleone! And sorry to hear of your vanishing twin tristansmom :( I can understand your sadness and know that it's completely normal.

Good luck with your sweeps ladies! Hope to hear more birth announcements soon!!

Heh ladies- a few days late but my little man came a bit early at 37.4. He was born sept 1 at 3:21 pm via c section. My waters naturally broke at 7 am. Went to the hospital and went into active labor around 830. Was dilated to a 9 from a 2 by 10 am. Asked for an epidural but was given an intra thecal to speed up the process before pushing. Everyone thought baby would be born quickly due to my fast transition but after pushing for 3 hours he hadn't moved an inch. They determined he was stuck at an odd angle and we went in for a c section. The spinal however, didnt work for some reason so after feeling the incision they put me under. Elijah was born healthy as can be but lost a bit of weight due to lethargy from the general anesthesia. We are home now and doing well.

Elijah Joseph
Born 9/1
6.6 oz
19 3/4"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly