2015 September Sweet Peas!!! all welcome to join

Tristansmom, congrats on the scan!

Babfever, your betas look great, stop worrying and start enjoying morning sickness (I wish I had it) ...

Melewen, awesome photos!

babifever your results look great! I know how you feel - just want to get to that u/s too and see the heartbeat.. <3

I did the 6 week photos today :)

https://baby.themalikfamily.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/6-sweet-pea.png

https://baby.themalikfamily.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/4-6-weeks.png

wow never heard of 6 weeks photos..... Kool though. How many more photos you plan on doing?

Babifever I'm just doing this photo theme with each new food the ticker gives each week. Just a project as a photographer :) im doing them all the way up to the watermelon!

Babifever I'm just doing this photo theme with each new food the ticker gives each week. Just a project as a photographer :) im doing them all the way up to the watermelon!

oh okay that's sounds good. Your a photographer, makes since :)

melewen - those photos are so cool! I can't wait to see the rest of the series

Just got back from my scan!! Saw the little heartbeat!!! Sooo happy!!! :happydance: Will get the measurements at my appointment with my doc on Monday!!

Congrats carebear! Mine is tomorrow morning. Less than 24 hours to wait Eeeeeeeeee!

Carebear that's awesome!! You're making me jealous.. I have to wait another week for mine! :)

Congrats to tristansmom and carebear on your scans. I have mine tomorrow too daydream. So nervewracking. She will only attempt abdominal though so if not much is seen I think I might have to pay for an internal one as this waiting is driving me crazy!!! Hope everyone else is ok?

Congrats carebear! :)

I had a scan today too! 9w0d (link to full size pic in sig!) It went well, everything looks really good so far!

I just don't know what to do anymore. It seems like anything and everything puts me in a foul mood or makes me upset. I don't mean to sound bratty but really don't care. I'm particular about things (aka "picky" if you will). My other two children were born when I was super young and I relied on my parents and others to help with everything - supplies, the nursery, shower, etc. This time with me being older and much more stable and since I got rid of all my baby items almost 10 years ago, I would like to get certain new things for this LO. My SO and I had looked at some crib sets as well as strollers, swings and high chairs. We found a crib and chair we both like and saw some nice swings. I have always wanted one of the swings that sway side to side (if I ever had another baby) because they didn't have them when my daughter was born. Well I think last week his mom sent me a text about a crib on a Facebook garage sale site for $40 with no mattress. I didn't respond because at the time I was overwhelmed with anxiety and negative emotions regarding my SO or something related, plus his mom had went with us to my first 8 week appointment and pretty much invited herself to the next appointment where we will hear the heartbeat and my SO told her she could come without hesitation (I discussed that matter with him shortly after). She had also contacted my SO and told him she wanted to get the stroller, but it had to be from Kmart so she could put it on layaway since she didn't have the money right now. Him and I had a stroller picked that we liked and it's $100 more at Kmart but I had also told him that I'd like him and I to go to other places and check out strollers and things to make sure we got what we wanted. Now his mom sent me a photo of a swing listed on a Facebook garage sale site for $15 and says she's getting it for me. I appreciate the gesture and am glad she's excited about her first grandchild but I wish she would calm down a bit. It's still early and him and I were planning on having a BaBy-Q coed shower/diaper party for our friends and family. Being this is his first child, I am sure his family will want to get things for the baby and that's why I told him we will have to start a registry at a few places. Then whatever we don't receive we can get afterwards. His mom could pitch in on items with us if she wanted or go in on an item with another family member. Or she can get some things for her house. I told my SO his mom getting the swing and he was super excited. I told him it wasn't what we had looked at and he said it shouldn't matter, a swing's a swing and if his mom wants to get things now why shouldn't she. I just told him forget I even said anything. Like, just WAIT until we have the shower and then worry about getting things. Not to mention I'm still dealing with other issues, his dog and trying to work on the house - see this thread: https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/t...ent-conceived-need-vent-thoughts-welcome.html. I'm so over this. :cry: I feel awful, it's like the only thing I enjoy about this is the simple fact that I'm pregnant. I feel ungrateful too because I know plenty of women trying to conceive their first and would love to be in my position.

Good luck on your scans tomorrow too ladies. I was a nervous wreck... the technician could tell. and of course I started crying when she told me she saw the heartbeat :)

Mamabunny, I have a family member that also gifts used things she finds in thrift stores and yard sales. She doesn't have a lot of money and is always looking for a bargain and really means well. I'm sure your MIL means well too. I would just graciously accept the swing. You can still register for the new one you want. And if you get it decide whether to resell the $15 swing or maybe put it in another room and your baby will be spoiled with 2 swings. It's only $15 so it's not worth stressing over. If she hasn't gotten it yet, you could always tell her that you already have one picked out with features you really want and if she is really eager to get stuff now tell her that you really need some other items you wouldn't mind her getting.

If I take the swing and resell it she will find out. And we don't really have room for all that. If she wants to get items for her house I'm all for it but just wish she would wait or ask if him and I have items in mind.

If I take the swing and resell it she will find out. And we don't really have room for all that. If she wants to get items for her house I'm all for it but just wish she would wait or ask if him and I have items in mind.

Keeping the second hand swing at her house is a great idea - you should suggest it. If she insists you have it at your house, take it, wait until after the shower, and tell her you were gifted a new one and don't need the second hand one. Then offer for her to keep it at her house again or sell it. Keeping the new swing is what anyone would do - she wouldn't blame you.

Or if she would take it well, just tell her that you don't need the swing and she shouldn't bother buying it.

My SO is being a total a**hole. :growlmad: Sorry but that's why I tend to vent on here a lot. I can't seem to talk openly to him about anything, even calmly.

Congrats to tristansmom, carebear & knobby!

@mamabunny sorry your going thru, I too had my last child in 2005, 9 years ago! We have to start over.

mamabunny, I know how you feel. My mum is the same always looking for bargains but it's not what we want! it's our baby let us buy these things!! You wait so long and choose everything. Maybe just say anything she buys she can keep at her house!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->