2015 September Sweet Peas!!! all welcome to join

I thought hyperemisis was just overhyped morning sickness. So glad ( not) that i now know!!!

Ah ha! Id been wondering where to find you lot, now I know to be a bit more adventurous looking around this site!!!
Hello!! I'm due Sept 4th.😊

Thanks ladies!!

Not sure if I forgot to say a BIG CONGRATS to all of you who have had perfect scans!! Love seeing those little peanuts! ;)

Littleone, so sorry :( I hope you start feeling better soon!

Oh dear folic acid sounds scary. I don't do one pill vitamin containing everything like multivitamins and prenatals. I do different pill for each vitamin so please help: is there a natural folic acid pill and what's the name of it?

Melewen, where do you get fermented coil liver oil and how's it different from non fermented? Sounds like your hubby is a little baby jealous :) he'll get over it... Or he'll get even more needy when the baby's born. He just needs to be reasured he's not become less important than baby, which is really silly, cause they should just all know that baby is the most important being for the mom and they should face it like men, supporting and not being scared/hurt by change in mom's priorities...but he's reaction is pretty normal :)

I use this folate: Folate 800MCG

And I use these prenatals - they are super gentle and naturally derived PLUS they include a lot of natural veggie and fruit extracts like broccoli sprout, citrus, green cabbage, açai berry etc., which makes me feel better about those weird healthy food aversions I have: Dr. Furhman's Gentle Prenatal Vitamins

This is the cod liver oil I use (seems a bit expensive I know but it is AWESOME! I just think of all the pg tests and opks and weird supplements I am not buying now that we are pg haha!) : Blue Ice Fermented Cod Liver Oil

Katie from WellnessMama explains the fermented vs. unfermented difference way better than I could:

"Why Fermented?

Fermented cod liver oil is made when cod livers are fermented. This allows the fat soluble vitamins and beneficial oils to separate from the rest of the liver without damaging the fat soluble vitamins (unlike in some methods like heat processing where the vitamins are damaged). This cool temperature fermentation process allows the cod liver oil to maintain its Omega-3, Vitamin D and Vitamin A content. This also makes the nutrients more absorbable to the body as Diane of Balanced Bites explains:

“In our bodies, digestive breakdown is the mechanism by which we do this internally – by means of not only the physical churning in our stomach, but also by means of stomach acid, bile, and, perhaps most notably digestive enzymes. There are several ways in which the reduction of nutrients may occur: heat, synthetic chemical processing, and digestion (or fermentation, which is an exogenous means of pre-digesting nutrients). Heat is damaging to delicate nutrients, especially when they are isolated from their whole-food source. Synthetic chemical breakdown of nutrients is damaging as well.

Digestion or fermentation (enzymatic breakdown) is by far the safest and most effective way to reduce the molecular structures in foods to their end usable constituents. (If you are an organic chemistry-buff, perhaps you’ll know a lot more about what the following information means than I do) When reduction is initiated by digestion (digestive enzymes) or fermentation, 100% of molecules break “to the right” – which is how our body uses them best. When the reduction is initiated by either heat or synthetic chemicals, 50% of the molecules break to the left (which may be toxic or unhealthful at the very least) and 50% to the right.”"

I get it it's raw vs heated. I'll have to read the ingredients just to see how much of the RDI they have...aren't you scared of the liver though? I thought pregnant women should not have liver? May be we should have fermented fish oil without the liver? Sorry just panicing as usual :p

Actually liver is excellent for you! In bradley they recommend eating liver once a week "if you like it". Organ meats are very traditional for our diets :)

Waves!

Ill hopefully be out of here tomorrow! I feel well rested and ready to fight the world again.
But i just dont want to keep being sick. Its okay giving antinumetics now its useless if im sick as soon as i leave!

It's not recommended in the UK to eat liver or take any supplements containing vitamin A during pregnancy due to risk of birth defects from excess vitamin A. x

It's not recommended in the UK to eat liver or take any supplements containing vitamin A during pregnancy due to risk of birth defects from excess vitamin A. x

It is just synthetic vitamin A that is bad (retinyl palmitate). Prenatals with 100% betacarotene (natural vitamin from carrots and other veggies) are safe and don't cause birth defects.

^^^ exactly. You can have as much beta carotene as you want

Last night before I went to sleep I had about 3-4 super quick sharp pains in my lower abdomen. No bleeding. But a feeling I haven't felt since BFP. Then I had a awful dream that I go to my ultrasound visit and there's two fetal poles, but no heartbeat. So I lost the babies. The tech has nerves to tell me "I need to start doing better in life in order to have a baby". I'm so upset right now. I know it was a dream but I'm so worried those sharp pains meant something. Tuesday 1:30 pm is now forever away. That's my next ultrasound. The nurse called back last week and said hcg is progressing very well and their expecting to see a heartbeat Tuesday to consider this a normal pregnancy. I feel horrible.

Babifever if they were just super quick I don't think you have anything to worry about. And especially since there's no bleeding. I have all sorts of weird pains down there! Keep in mind your uterus is growing at a massive rate compared to anything it's ever done before

Babifever, I get the same pains. Usually when standing up or sitting down - the sudden movement triggers the pain. I believe it is just round ligament pain.

Whatme, congrats and welcome! Please PM mummy2_1 to be added to the list.

littleone - happy to hear that! Welcome back home!

I haven't been on much! A lot has happened this week. My son turned 3 and has been sick since his birthday. I think he's better today, crossing fingers!! I am still unsure on dates. I had a scan at the ER but oddly she didn't measure the gs or baby. But I guess we could estimate. On January 20th we saw no signs of pregnancy and on January 29 we saw gs, ys, and at odd angles baby! :happydance:

My hCG levels:

January 20th: 345
January 22nd: 710
January 29th: 7,000

:thumbup:

We have a girl name picked! Athena Rose :cloud9: but I am feeling this is a boy :haha:

Attachments

• 10407210_10205054136140477_4401863500394784473_n.jpg
    10407210_10205054136140477_4401863500394784473_n.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 4
Hey second timers... any of you finding that you are showing super early?? I am so bloated but also can feel my hips relaxing. None of my clothes fit. :( I wanted to wait until first U/S at least to tell people but there is no way I am going to be able to keep hiding it. Think I need to go buy a new wardrobe to tide me over until I can keep my mat pants up!!! DH says it's not obvious... but that's only because I am wearing a massive hoodie! Ugh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->