2015 September Sweet Peas!!! all welcome to join

melewen - I haven't done any of them. I keep meaning to get a list together so DH and I can do them all.

SB - I'm feeling much better. Not sure if it was the fluids or the unisom/b6 or reducing how often I take my progesterone supplements, but either way I'm feeling better and actually able to eat a bit and go to work. Huge steps!

I hope the two weeks before your scan fly by!

AFM - We have a scan tomorrow morning. Expect it'll be the last visit with our RE and we will graduate to our OB. Very exciting. I just want to hurry up for 12 weeks so we can announce and people at work can know why I've been a lazy lump lol.

carebear, congrats on the good scan!

mamabunny, I can't wait for your first scan!

daydream, good luck tomorrow!

11 weeks today wooo! Had to check the baby's heartbeat and it's beating away!

I took bump pics and sat down and compared it to my first pic from 6 weeks. The difference is slight, but I think it looks like my belly is starting to get bigger. I weighed 115.2 at 6 weeks and 116.2 today at 11 weeks. So only a pound difference.

https://i60.tinypic.com/29fxx8m.jpg

How many of you ladies work right now?
any 2nd shifters? How is it working out?
I have no idea if I got the job but turns out the hours are mon-Friday 11am-9pm, every Saturday 9am-1pm. Is it just me or does this seem like alot for a pregnant woman with a family?

I really wish I could just get a 9am-5pm! Sigh

Babifever dude I could not handle that.. 6 days a week?! No way

So the last 3 days I've been sick all day and not able to keep much fluid/food down at all. Today I can't keep any fluid down at all, and I've got such a head ache and keep gong dizzy so my mums phoned the docs and got me an appointment at 3.20. I hope they FINALLY prescribe me something this time, I can't keep going on like this.

Babifever - that's 54hours a week? That's a hell of a lot of hours without being pregnant let alone being pregnant. With my first LO I worked full time ( 12hr shifts ) and I struggled really bad, and that was 2 days on 2 days off kinda thing. I can't imagine working 6 days together. This time I'm only part time so it's not too bad (however I am off sick ATM)

@laura they should definitely be able to give you something. Sorry your are going thru.

@melewen thanks for the reply. I dont think I will take the position if they offer, working those hours is not how I planned to spend my pregnancy. Hope I'm not being shallow about it....

afm, things are pretty good. My nights are uncomfortable. I toss and turn all night and have nausea while I'm sleeping. It starts really good about 500am every morning. So I imagine this will be babies playing time in my stomach. This morning I also keep feeling some tugging in my lower abdomen??

oh yeah this afternoon some friends and I are going to see 50 shades. No I'm not a Fan, but I basically wonna see what the hype is about and I like dramas anyway. Truthfully I'm pretty excited about getting some nachos and cheese too, lol. I would have went with dh but he falls asleep on dramas lol.

hope you ladies have a good day.

Babifever I would hate those hours! :nope:

My job is good for me, it's literally about an 8 minute drive from my house. I work 8am - 4pm with a half hour (unpaid) lunch, M - F. But with our business, it starts picking up closer to late spring/summer and the plant employees will be working Saturdays as well. Because I like the extra money as well as keeping up on my testing I will be working Saturdays by choice. Usually it's 8am - noon at the latest on weekend days so not terrible and I won't mind the little bit of OT pay :thumbup:

Babifever we are seeing 50 shades tonight! I read the book--only at the beach, I would never read that sort of thing "irl" haha--and I think it'll be kind of stupid BUT DH and I both love Jamie Dornan. He is an amazing actor! Probably wasted in this--ESPECIALLY SINCE THEY MADE HIM GET RID OF HIS BEARD OMG KILL ME--but either way it'll be fun and silly

I work for myself at home so you ladies would all hate me! If I am feeling tired I go have a nap or watch Revenge for like three hours straight.. I'm so bad. I'll be going "back to work" around 6 weeks though but I'll be part time. I feel like imagine if we actually worked--no distractions or anything at all, total focus--during the day, how long would it take us to get everything done? The 8-5 thing is leftover from the Industrial Revolution (same thing with school) and I don't necessarily think it's the most efficient. So I'm testing out a theory that I can get everything done in 4 hours a day, so long as I am exclusively working in the zone those four hours. I feel like I can and if so that will help tremendously when the baby comes! And for now I get to chill a lot more than if I were like ok.. i did that task.. now to reward myself.. I will go surf b&b.. lol. I have an actual meeting this morning and I should've started getting ready like 10 minutes ago but ughhhhhhhh makeuppppp ughhhhh real brassssss ughhhhhh

Ladies I got the consent form signed by my doctor for the volunteer ultrasound!!! :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: I am ecstatic!!! I will get to see the baby so much sooner than I ever imagined! The instructor had said if I get everything signed would I like to come next week on Thursday at 11:15 - YES YES YES OF COURSE!!! My OH is a bit upset as he likely won't be able to attend, but I put it to him like this - aside from that, isn't he happy and excited we get to see our baby already? I will be getting pictures and hoping they may allow me to videotape some on my phone while I'm there. Absolutely thrilled I could cry!

:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

I work, but part time while my youngest is at pre school. I plan to go back two weeks after the baby. Very lucky that I work for my inlaws in their home office (though technically I could work from home!) so will take the baby, or try my hand at working from home. I have gotten distracted before though, prefer being "in the workplace".

Excited for my scan Thurs next week, will be 11 weeks 6 days! The appointment is in the afternoon so my hubby can come (he works nights) and we can come back and tell the kids! Yay!
No bump, just annoying bloat (and wind!! Tmi, sorry!)

Ah that's so great mamabunny2!

Today is the best day! I get my ultrasound next week annnnnd one of my best friends just announced her pregnancy! She's due a couple weeks before I am! I'm beyond thrilled! Her and her DH have a son a little over a year old and it took them 5 years to conceive him. I'm so happy to have someone that can lay their fat pregnant a** in my pool with me this summer :laugh2:

MamaBunny2 - Thats amazing that you are getting the early scan. It does suck that DH can't be there, I know whats it's like. My clinic only does the scans for a couple hours in the afternoon so DH has not been able to make it to any of them.

I hope they let you take video. I see so many people taking videos of their scan online, my clinic wouldn't allow it.

So I've spent the last few days (all of valentines weekend) in hospital with hyperemesis gravidarum. I became very dehydrated so my doc sent me straight the hospital where I've been on IV fluids and anti sickness meds. I'm home now and I feel more human, it was awful. I was diagnosed with HG a few weeks back but my doc wouldn't prescribe me anything but it just kept getting worse and resulted in me being dangerously dehydrated.

Hopefully they gave you something now Laura. I can't believe it had to come to that before they did something! Glad you are feeling better!

Well, I told my parents last night. My mom cried. They're pretty stoked. First grandchild (on both sides). And then my mom and dad told everyone they know... quite annoyed since I'm only 8 weeks and I would have hoped they could wait till 12. but I've tried before and I can't stop em so I don't bother. Oh well.

Carebear Bleh I was so annoyed when my parents told some people too, after I asked them not to, but you know they're just excited!

Hi ladies sori it's been so long since I have been on line. Please msg me with any updates for op. And il try my best to get them updated ASAP. Good luck with up coming scans. Mine is Thursday morning so excited. Fingers crossed for everyone.x

Carebear Bleh I was so annoyed when my parents told some people too, after I asked them not to, but you know they're just excited!

my dad told too, after I said not too (-:

its all good, telling has nothing to do with the baby.

XLaura, sorry you ended up in the hospital. I hope they gave you a script for something this time!

Daydream, glad you're feeling better!! I've told some people at work. Looking forward to telling others in my field that I see everyday but don't work for the same company.

Knobby, you look great! I wish I had lost the final 10 lbs of extra baby weight I was hanging on to before I got pregnant with this one. I blame breastfeeding. My body was clinging to the extra fat for the milk...or so I tell myself :) We are done now as I've dried up. I feel a little bad for ending before dd was really ready but she's plenty old.

I work four days a week (I have Wed. off to be with my dd). When this next baby comes I may decide to stay at home or I may go down to three days a week if they let me. I will take three months off for maternity leave. My company is amazing. The owners are like family. I've worked there for almost 10 years.

Melewen, that's great you get to work from home. My job (sales) allows a lot of flexibility. I also believe that if you hunker down you can get everything done in less time. So I try to be super focused when I'm out so I can get home early!

Good luck with your scan Mummy2_1!

Nothing new to report for me....still patiently waiting for my first scan on Feb. 26th. In other news though, one of my best friends is pregnant. They have been trying for over two years and she's had two mc's. I am beyond thrilled for her and psyched that we will be pregnant together and have two months of leave at the same time. She's about a month behind me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->