2015 September Sweet Peas!!! all welcome to join

Kika I'm so sorry :( I hope you will come join us again very shortly :hugs:

kika - hugs :hugs:

knobby - how exciting! you'll have to post pics, I love trying to guess nub theory

I don't know if I should be here or over with the August due days, my edd was 2nd Sept and I had a scan at 6 & 10 that measured bang I what I think my days are... But I had my 12 week yesterday and was measuring 12+2 so they moved my due date to end of August. September still feels more accurate to me but as I understand it my August date well be what they use from now on (?) So I fall down between groups!

My EDD is September 2 but both my previous pregnancies delivered at least a week early so I'm thinking I'm an August lady but I hop between threads and love all the ladies in each!

kika, I'm so sorry for your loss :(

TTCFirst, I looked it up and your IPS test sounds the same as mine. Mine is called an ultrascreen and includes an NT scan and blood test.

Mamabunny, I was told to drink 32oz and to complete drinking it 1 hour before the scan. I'm not so sure I will be able to drink that much THAT EARLY in the morning, but I will try my best. My appointment is at 8am.

I was told 32 ounces as well before my scan. Mine is at 11:15 so I'll start drinking at maybe 9 or so and be done a little after 10 or no later than 10:30. I'm worried I will waddle into my appointment doing the pee-pee dance :rofl:

I was told 32 ounces as well before my scan. Mine is at 11:15 so I'll start drinking at maybe 9 or so and be done a little after 10 or no later than 10:30. I'm worried I will waddle into my appointment doing the pee-pee dance :rofl:

Don't drink TOO early. I have now mastered the art I think agree 3 scans.
at 7 weeks I had a scan, they told me a litre an hour before, I did but after 40 mins I couldn't hold any more (I had to pee behind a bush because I was actually going to wet myself) then drank another bottle and bladder was still bursting
10weeks I drank about half a litre half an hour before, it was still hard to hold and the sonographer commented on how very full my bladder was.
for my 12w I drank about a pint 40 mins before, then my appointment was running 40 mins late so again I was getting desperate.
I clearly have a small bladder, when I went there was another girl in the waiting room who was told to come back another day as her bladder wasn't full enough but she was quite a large lady so I think it depends on how much tummy fat you have but I recommend drinking half an hour before rather than earlier, the fact your can't pee names you need it worse!

Uuuugggghhhh...

Hi ladies,

I've mostly just been following along for the past few weeks, not much to say! But I have the most ANNOYING thing happening (I mean in addition to catching the flu, being horrifyingly nauseated ALL DAY LONG, the super-crazy fatigue, all while working full-time and looking after my 5yo morning and night....)

My eyelids have been twitching like CRAZY. ALL. THE. TIME. Anyone else know what this is about? Better yet, how to STOP it?? I'm going completely mental.

Thanks (and thanks for the rant, lol)!

Haven't had anything to share for a while. How are all the mommies doing?

Kika - so sorry to hear that. Hugs.

Knobby, Mamabunny - let keep us updated after your appointments.

I had the appointment with the OB over the last weekend. I was offered the blood test to scan for chromosome 13,18,21 and also the gender. Yes, you heard it right. The Dr just offered it to me when I wasn't even asking (I thought it would not be available for me as I am not high risk or over 35). Anyway, I would never ask for it because I am happy as long as the baby is healthy and don't mind to wait until the gender scan at 20 weeks. But hey, Dr said it is an option so why not. Yippee, can't wait 2 more weeks for the result. However, I did not tell my husband about the early gender testing yet because I am planning a surprise for him. He has been with me through out the fertility treatment so pretty much he knew everything, no surprise elements whatsoever. I think this would be a good one to make him surprise.

By the way, I actually was able to find the heart beat with the Dopper at home for the very first time last night. I was so excited. I know some of you was able to find it way earlier, like 8 or 9 weeks. Maybe because my uterus is tilted so that why it is harder to pick up the hb.

That's all I have to report for now. Hang in there all mommies. We are getting closer to the end of 1st trimester.

My eyelids have been twitching like CRAZY. ALL. THE. TIME. Anyone else know what this is about? Better yet, how to STOP it?? I'm going completely mental.

It can be a sign of low potassium. Eat more bananas! :) Other causes are lack of sleep and stress.

So very sorry Kika! :(

GL to those of you getting NT scans soon. Mine is in a couple weeks. I still can't hear baby on Doppler without a full bladder, but then again I'm quite a bit heavier than I was when pregnant with DS. :p As long as bladder is moderately full I can find baby quickly. HB stays about 174bpm. My sons was 180ish. I know it's a LONG way off, but I can't wait to find out the gender!!! Anyone else planning to do an early gender scan? I had one at 15 wks with DS and will probably do the same this time. :)

Jyllian can't wait for your scan!!

Babydreams I can't help it but I'm onsessed with finding out the gender! Or trying to predict it. I did the ring test last night and tested it over dh, our girl dog, my own heart, and my belly.. 3 times each! Each and every time it gave the exact same result, and BIG swings, very weird. Dh it went back and forth, over my heart and our dog it went in big circles, and over belly... Back and forth! Looks like it's a boy :rofl:

Maybe not BUT it'll be fun to see if the predictions are right! We want to have a reveal party but I'm not sure the earliest we can scan to find out the sex? We would obviously want to be 100% sure at that point so wouldn't want to do it TOO early

Jyllian can't wait for your scan!!

Babydreams I can't help it but I'm onsessed with finding out the gender! Or trying to predict it. I did the ring test last night and tested it over dh, our girl dog, my own heart, and my belly.. 3 times each! Each and every time it gave the exact same result, and BIG swings, very weird. Dh it went back and forth, over my heart and our dog it went in big circles, and over belly... Back and forth! Looks like it's a boy :rofl:

Maybe not BUT it'll be fun to see if the predictions are right! We want to have a reveal party but I'm not sure the earliest we can scan to find out the sex? We would obviously want to be 100% sure at that point so wouldn't want to do it TOO early

Mel I think your having a boy (-: You can get one of the chromosome test as early as 9 weeks, they say at least 11 weeks is good. Ask if your insurance covers the harmony test. My high risk doc claims he can tell me the sex at 11 weeks via scan ....

Kaka I read your post in the other threads and I am truly sorry to hear all you have been through. You're in my thoughts hun. I hope you are surrounded with support. Take time to grieve, I pray your rainbow will come. :hugs:

So today was my ultrascreen. I tried drinking the 32oz of water only to throw half of it up in an old dunkin donuts coffee cup on the way to the appointment :( I haven't thrown up this entire pregnancy so it wasn't just morning sickness - I would have thrown that water up regardless if I was pregnant or not. I still had a super full bladder at the appointment so that tells me that the 32oz is ridiculous and when I do this again I'll drink 20oz max.

So other than that, it went really good. The nuchal transluscency measured within normal limits and the nasal bone was there. I was surprised that the blood work for this test only involved a finger prick. The baby was actually measuring 12w2d, but we are sticking with 11w6d because that date corresponds with the day I ovulated and the last 2 scans I had.

The baby moved a LOT and was hiccuping, jumping, swallowing amniotic fluid, and sucking its thumb! It was so cool to see. The tech tried to figure out the gender by looking at the nub - she said it's about 70% accurate at this stage. Unfortunately the baby was really stubborn and only got into a side profile view on its back for a little bit - not long enough to look for the nub. DH and I researched before we went in watching videos and looking at pictures, so we were looking for it the whole time. We noticed online that girl nubs are not as prominent as boys (length/thickness), and we could see one at times, but it was tiny. So we are thinking it MIGHT be a girl. :)

We got to watch the baby with the 4D ultrasound which was a bonus!

Head and hand
https://i62.tinypic.com/4glvue.jpg

Frog legs :)
https://i59.tinypic.com/2912fiv.jpg

4D
https://i60.tinypic.com/2iabr49.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member