2015 September Sweet Peas!!! all welcome to join

I was terrible with my first (actually still am) I was obsessed with prams and I've had a total of 6 within 2 years haha. And I've actually still got 5 of them haha.

Soooo this time I'm trying my hardest not to buy anymore (as I really don't need to) so I thort I'd share my excitement with others haha. I have bought a buggy board to attach to my pram as my son with be just over 2.5 and I doubt he will walk nicely by then.

However I am looking at buying a new infant seat (not that there's anything wrong with the one I've got) but the pram I'm planning on using the most (the smallest one) the carseat won't attach on it as it's a different make, and it was a lot easier than waking baby up to put them in the pram when I could just clip the car seat on the pram. My OH thinks I should just use the pram that goes with the car seat but it's so big (takes up nearly all the boot up) and is heavy I think it will be too much hassle especially with 2 kids.

Other than that I really don't need to buy anything for this baby as I've still got everything from my son (doesn't stop me looking though) I miss all the excitement of shopping for baby stuff.

I'm super excited to go looking for baby items and making a registry with my OH! I don't have any baby items from having my other children so am starting all over! There's so many new, cute items out now, over ten years later. I like seeing my OH get interested and kind of excited about it too. This is all new for him.

There's loads new things within 2 years so I bet it's all completely changed since 10 years ago. How exciting for you. It's cute your oh is so involved.

When do you guys plan on doing your baby shower? I know there completely different in the us than here.

We are actually going to a diaper store today to check out all the different options for cloth diapering! I have been making it to baby stores every so often it seems.. already! hahaha

We're having a baby-Q type thing too which almost sounds kind of creepy but not sure what else to call it? I have no idea when that will happen though. We are having a gender reveal party in April. I have no idea who will throw the shower since my closest friends are all sort of scattered! My sister probably will technically but she's not very um.... organized in that sense.. lol

I'm thinking maybe sometime in late June or early July (gotta avoid Independence Day on the 4th). I'm due September 2nd so that should give us a good 6-8 weeks to sort through everything and make our final purchases before we wait for baby's arrival :thumbup:

Gosh for some reason that doesn't seem so terribly far away :wacko:

*mini panic attack*

xLaura - I hare to say it but you need to do what is easies for you. I am a foster parent to 2 babies and I will tell you, I get what makes my life simple! You carry the baby enough, you don't need anything bid and heavy to add to it.

melewen - I have been using cloth diapers for 3 years with all my foster kids so I am pretty familiar with them. Before I got into it I spent so much time researching. There are so many different types of diapers, types of inserts, then when you finally choose one then you have to choose between all the different brands. It is well worth the time and effort you put into it and it definitely saves you money. I have spend just a couple hundred dollars and have been able to diaper 2 kids at a time for 3 years.

As for my own lo, we don't have much. We already have clothes for the first year and diapers till potty training. We are going to pick up a carseat, crib and a breast pump, that's about all we need to get.

I just bought stuff this week! :) DH and I had Amazon gift cards from Christmas and decided to use them on baby things.

While shopping around I discovered Amazon has warehouse deals. They sell NEW open box items at a discount - stuff that people bought and returned to Amazon. Everything is inspected, the condition rated, and listed for sale. I got a great deal on an open box pack 'n play, baby bath tub, and diaper organizer caddy. They were all items that I already had on my Amazon baby registry, so I was super excited when I saw them in the Amazon warehouse deals section. Everything came and is in excellent condition.

If you see something on Amazon you want to buy, be sure to look for the "other sellers on Amazon" on the right of the product page to see if there is an open box deal on that item. You can also get to the warehouse deals by going to this page: https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_ex_n_1?rh=n:10158976011&bbn=10158976011&ie=UTF8&qid=1424977262&ajr=2

Yeah I think I'm deffo going to get the new car seat for the smaller/lighter pram.

I've got my scan tomorrow and I'm so nervous about it. I keep thinking that it stopped growing weeks ago, but my body still thinks I'm pregnant that's why I'm so sick. It's just hard to believe that it can have grown normally with the amount of times I've been sick and the lack of food/drink over the last few weeks.

22 months after L01 we've just found out we're expecting in late September :happydance:

I know what I want this time but haven't done any shopping yet. The Chicco is the best infant seat Melewen. Unfortunately I sold my DS's last year because I didn't think we would have more kids this soon, so I will have to buy another. Same thing with a baby swing, which was my godsend with him. He had the Fisher Price Snugamonkey and he LOVED it. He would still try to use it when he was far too big lol. I made a registry on Amazon just so I can keep track of what I want to buy.

Oh and strollers are a huge stressor for me! I'm thinking we will need a double. Even though I am planning to wear baby a lot, there may be times when both kids are riding. DS will only be 2.5 when this baby comes, so he definitely still needs a stroller. The other problem is that it's harder to find a double stroller that fits the Chicco infant seats. Will probably have to go with Chicco or the knock off version (Baby Trend or something?).

babydreams - my son with be 2 3/4 when baby arrives, so we're going to get the joovy ultralight caboose too, it can be either a tandem double or a sit n stand. And it fits chicco (that's what we have too). Worth checking out!

Off subject but the doc did call back and said im not 10 weeks exactly, I'm 10+2 because they go by the first ultrasound that was measured. According to my LMP I'm 10+5. So im due 9/22/2015 instead of 9/24/2015. Whatever lol. Can't wait until results are in.

Babifever now we are twinsies!

Babydreams I've heard that! I initially wanted a um.. Cosi? It fits in the bugaboos or whatever but it didn't seem worth it without one. I have heard amazing things about the chicco and the monkey bouncer too! It seems reasonably priced as well

I just saw this... Crazy!!

https://www.babysden.com/doona-car-...ogleShopping&gclid=CIXMxJrlgMQCFSxp7AodmH4AVA

Ha! You don't even want to know how much the bugaboo is. It's kinda cool though that its a car seat and a stroller. I would never buy it but it's pretty interesting!

Ha! You don't even want to know how much the bugaboo is. It's kinda cool though that its a car seat and a stroller. I would never buy it but it's pretty interesting!

that is cool, but way too high for our pockets, lol. Even if I had it I wouldn't spend that much... But it is nice to scoop out

I've got an orbit. Fancy and we love it. I just updated my signature. Thanks for the pretty image! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->