2015 September Sweet Peas!!! all welcome to join

It is so awesome.

https://www.orbitbaby.com

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 10
Nooooo. You're being reasonable. In our defense, we got all of it at one time for a deal. Even the cheapest ones are pretty expensive once you've got all necessary items, ie carseat and stroller.

babifever I'm right there with you. We have looked at travel sets (stroller, car seat and base) at Walmart and Target that cost under $200. I'm wanting one that is similar to this style:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Baby-Trend-EZ-Ride-5-Travel-System-Houndstooth/36550344​

We have a Britax B Agile and love it. The bucket seat clicks right into the stroller. DD is still in the infant seat and she's 16 mo. She's got another 10+ lbs to go before she outgrows it too. The stroller is very easy to manage, opens and closes with one hand pretty much and is very light. We used it for walks and naps a lot at home (dd is not a great sleeper), but didn't use it out much because I pretty much wear her when we are out. Because of that, I am not getting a double stroller. My friend has a sweet City Mini double I can borrow if we need to.

Melewen, good luck at the diaper store :) Daydream and I both use cloth too if you have any questions.

I thought I had a scan yesterday but its actually on Monday. It was rescheduled and I forgot to delete yesterdays from my phone. I was so bummed. Now I just have to get through the weekend. NT scan is on Monday. Eek.

Is anyone not going to find out the gender? I'm thinking of staying neutral to the end. Not sure if I can hold out though....

My OH is set on finding out the gender. I allowed him to decide if we would or not and he had switched back and forth on the idea but pretty sure he's made up his mind now :laugh2:

I've always knew the gender of my kids so wouldn't mind having the surprise at birth... but I don't think I could go without knowing once I'm at my gender ultrasound!

I'm hoping he will be on board with just him and I (and our 2 kids) being at the ultrasound and then us surprising family and the public with a special photo or something.

I've always knew the gender of my kids so wouldn't mind having the surprise at birth... but I don't think I could go without knowing once I'm at my gender ultrasound!

I have the same issue. I want this one to be a surprise but if I'm having an US at that stage and they can tell me there's probably no way I will be able to hold off!

SB good luck with your NT scan!

For our first we used the chicco keyfit and the keyfit caddy (the stroller frame) v a huge travel system. Loved it. Then once DS was big enough we had a babiesrus brand umbrella stroller (that we still use occasionally). We also have a BOB because our community backs up to a running trail so we use that when we head out on a trail.

For the next we will get the joovy caboose too ultralight and alternate that between the keyfit and having DS just walk. Not sure if we will spring for a double jogger or not, those things are massive.

Hey Mamas!! I've been silent on here for a while... apart from nausea nothing much has happened for me until this week... and now things are going nuts!

Wednesday - Met with my midwife and her student... and she informed me she was going to make the student my primary (she will be a new graduate in a couple weeks) because we live really far apart. I am more or less okay with that... everyone needs to start somewhere, right? I am a wee bit apprehensive though.

Today - Holy shitballs!! Had an ultrasound...they changed my date to September 29th and I am having TWINS!!!!! Yikes.

I didn't read all of the posts above, but I saw a few of you mentioning strollers... and I can say from experience, if you can afford a high quality one... do it!!! We have an Uppababy Vista and it is DREAMY! You can have it loaded with a toddler, diaper bag, and tons of shopping bags, and still drive it with one hand. :)

Still is super insane shock...

Not much going on with me. I still have 11 more days till my next appointment... just waiting...

I haven't even thought of buying anything yet. I'll probably make a registry sometime down the line and wait till after my shower to pick up whatever else I need. My in laws said they're gonna get the crib/change table and my parents are getting the stroller. My mom got all excited and asked which one I wanted... I told her to keep her pants on, it's still early! I say this but then I'll be scrambling to pick stuff at the last minute... :haha: I'm sooooo not a planner!

Holy cow Yikesbaby! That's awesome news! Did you get any photos?

I think your BnB name should be YikesBabies now :rofl:

YikesBaby whoa!! Twins!! Was this your first ultrasound?

So.. we tried to go to the diaper store yesterday but it is closed! They are online only!! They were like oh you can just go online and order and I was like um, no way. I was so irritated we wasted all that time to go out there just because they couldn't bother to change their details. Ugh!

What do you guys use, daydream and sbmack?

For all moms with kids already, where do you use your "regular" stroller? I keep trying to think of somewhere I will go where we will really use it but can't! If I could come up with enough places I would still feel OK about springing for the Bugaboo :D But it just doesn't seem like we will.

melewen - I used bumgenius 4.0s with baby #1 and had a couple freetimes, which I preferred because I got so tired of stuffing the pocket diapers after they were washed. So with this baby, I will be selling all my 4.0s and stocking up on the freetimes.

At night we used fitteds with a wool cover because he was leaking at night.
https://www.planetbambini.com/sloomb-overnight-bamboo-fitted-obf/
https://www.planetbambini.com/babee-greens-wool-diaper-covers-1/

we used a regular step trash can with a liner: https://www.planetbambini.com/planet-wise-pail-liner/ and threw the liner in the wash each time we did a load.

For where we use the stroller, when the baby was wee I popped the carseat into the stroller frame pretty much anywhere we went because it was very easy, grocery store, shopping, out to lunch, going to the park, doctor office etc. I used it interchangably with the ergo, but the infant carseat was easier if we had driven somewhere and he was already in the carseat. Once DS was a little older I bought the Boba air, and that was convenient to put him in because I would carry it with me all the time in the diaper bag.
https://www.planetbambini.com/blue-boba-air-baby-carrier/

Once DS outgrew the infant carseat (by height) and was in the chicco nextfit convertible carseat, we kept the umbrella stroller in the car and that was our go to, esp for the mall or a quick walk somewhere. Otherwise if I'm going to Target, per se, he rides in the cart.

Had my scan today they put me back 2 days so my due date is now 7th September. Everything was perfect, however they couldn't get a good picture because I was so dehydrated. I tried to drink water before hand but I kept throwing it all back up lol. Plus baby was all curled up and wouldn't move. Eventually after drinking some water (and keeping it down for long enough to get some measurements) we managed to get what we needed.

I was so worried before hand I was convinced something would be wrong simply for how sick I've been, I couldn't see how it could of grown with no food/drink for weeks, but it has :)

I'm staying team yellow this time - my oh isn't happy and wants to find out but he won last time and with this being my last baby I want it to be a suprise. From the start ive thought boy and from the scan today it was identical to my sons so I'm more convinced it's a boy anyway. I've always wanted 2 boys so I'll be happy with that, but I'd also like one of each so either way I'll be happy.

image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->