2015 September Sweet Peas!!! all welcome to join

daydream My head... it's exploding... I get so overwhelmed when it comes to diapers and strollers! So the Fitteds are essentially all-in-ones? What makes them different from AIOs? Love that liner idea.. definitely getting one of those. We were thinking of going with hybrid so we could use the disposable liners when we went out and whatnot but I know they are a bit more work than AIO's, just cheaper. No idea what to do

With the stroller I feel like yes maybe sometimes I will take the baby to lunch like that but for the most part we could get away with the Bob? Most of my friends plop the baby in the cart when they go shopping. I just wouldn't want to spend like $110 on a car seat frame when I could get a travel system for basically the same price.. right? The whole timeline of how things progress and how they grow and what they use is so foreign to me!

Mel, fitteds are like AIO's in that you just snap on, but they require a cover. I loved fitteds for the NB stage. I would've gotten more but my dh is kind of cheap and didn't want tons of different types of diapers. We have mostly prefolds (with thirsties covers) with Bumgenuis freetimes and pockets.

Yikesbaby!!! Twins!!!!! Congrats!

We used Flips and disposable liners whenever traveling, it's a great system. Sometimes whenever my wool covers were dirty I'd use a flip cover at night, because it was adjustable enough to fit over a fitted cloth diaper.

For the stroller, most people despise the travel systems because they are so bulky. I would use our BOB more but it's a monster and the umbrella stroller (or the frame whenever baby was in the infant carseat) was so small, didn't take up our entire trunk and super light to get in and out of the car.

Daydream what Bob do you have? My good friend here says hers like lives in her trunk and it's not that big

Yikesbaby, huge congrats!
M, I liked fitteds w covers for the nb stage as well. I'll try to get you some pictures when I make room on my phone :).

Here's what I found that I really liked. These with a simple plasticky cover.

https://www.greenmountaindiapers.com/workhorse.html

I just have no idea what to pick! There are so many options

I've just ordered this for my LO. I'm so excited!

https://www.clothingattesco.com/nightwear+slippers/f+f-born-in-2015-slogan-sleepsuit/invt/kl511097

Hi ladies!
Sorry I'm a little late to the party, but I was waiting for my "official" due date before joining.

I'm due September 30th and expecting twins!!

Happy and healthy pregnancies to you all!

bebeautiful - congrat on the twins. So our Sept group now has two mums that having twins. Yay.

bebeautiful - We should be bump buddies!! I am due the 29th with twins! :)

Holy cow Yikesbaby! That's awesome news! Did you get any photos?

I think your BnB name should be YikesBabies now :rofl:

I did get pics... but haven't had a chance to scan them in yet. I am still completely in shock. And a little depressed about needing to buy a minivan for our soon to be family of 5!!!

YikesBaby whoa!! Twins!! Was this your first ultrasound?

For all moms with kids already, where do you use your "regular" stroller? I keep trying to think of somewhere I will go where we will really use it but can't! If I could come up with enough places I would still feel OK about springing for the Bugaboo :D But it just doesn't seem like we will.

Whoa is right!!! Yep, first U/S. The tech was busy doing her thing and I said, "there's only one right?"... and she flatly responded, "Nope." I think I had a minor heart attack at that moment. Gulp.

With respect to the stroller Q - We use ours quite a bit. We have a fancy Uppababy Vista. When DD was tiny we used it with the bucket seat snap on attachment everywhere we went. Now we use it when we go for walks or if we go anywhere for longer days where we will want to carry a bunch of crap because the basket below is so nice and large... We have a REALLY NICE Uppababy G-Luxe umbrella stroller too... and it has it's advantages too since it's so compact. When we go shopping now she often sits in the cart or insists on being carried/walking... so we haven't used it as much as we should.

Now I need a triple stroller.... or a double with skateboard attachment... :( *sniff :wacko:

Oh - and as for cloth... don't invest in a bunch of any one kind! I bought about 15 different kinds and found that the ones I really wanted to like just didn't fit DD. She has chunky thighs and a juicy bum and nothing fit quite right. I bought ones from $6 - $36 a piece... and the cheap ones actually worked best for us. We bought bamboo/hemp inserts for more absorbency and combine with one microfibre one (faster absorbing) which works well for a heavy wetter. For overnights I couldn't be bothered with prepped wool to go with the fitteds, so I use Huggies Overnights. I am a part-time green mom I guess. ;)

Congrats Bebeautiful. Two twin mamas!! I have my first scan on Monday. Maybe I be joining you two ��.

Twin mummies would u like me to put it on the op that ur having twins next t ur due dates??

hi hope everyone is well! my due date has now changed from the 4th sept to the 5th sept! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->