2015 September Sweet Peas!!! all welcome to join

Mine is definitely there, I've been feeling it all day and yesterday! Phew, pretty crazy!

Hi everyone :wave:

I've inlg just found this thread! My EDD is 18th September.

Please can you add me to the front page?

Hi Bing! Welcome and congrats!:)
You might have to pm the op to get on the front page. She doesn't get on everyday and might miss ya!

Welcome, bing :).

Has anyone taken the panorama or harmony blood tests? I might go early and do it today...... I'm 10+2

Just got the NT scan done where they look for down syndrome and other birth defects. They said there was extra fluid around the neck which means there is a 85% chance the baby has down syndrome, dwarfism, heart defect or genetic defect. The blood test I took last week will produce a 98% accuracy on either. Or I can do a Amino fluid test, where they stick a needle in your stomach, but it can cause death to the baby, its 100% accurate. I dont want to do that, so now we are just waiting on the Harmony results. Baby was moving around and heart rate still 179. Looked like he/she had my juicy lips, lol. Trying not to worry about the results, regardless we are keeping our baby.

:hugs: babifever. I know those scans can have a high false positive rate! My doc mentioned that when we were talking about whether we should do it or not. You're hoping to get your Harmony test results back today right?

:hugs: babifever. I know those scans can have a high false positive rate! My doc mentioned that when we were talking about whether we should do it or not. You're hoping to get your Harmony test results back today right?

the harmony test can take up to 14 days, today is day 8! I didn't call. I called yesterday. Dont want to annoy them again until tomorrow.

babifever I did a lot of research before doing my NT test (still waiting on the blood work). These tests are really controversial. There was one lady who said that she was given about an 80% chance of defect and everything was fine. She had a relative who was told that all was fine and their child ended up having Downs.

Your blood work hasn't come back yet right? Was it you that mentioned that you only have one set of blood work? They are sending me for 2 sets a month apart. Not sure what the difference there is.

I am sure the blood work will come back and adjust the numbers so show there is no issue.

babifever I did a lot of research before doing my NT test (still waiting on the blood work). These tests are really controversial. There was one lady who said that she was given about an 80% chance of defect and everything was fine. She had a relative who was told that all was fine and their child ended up having Downs.

Your blood work hasn't come back yet right? Was it you that mentioned that you only have one set of blood work? They are sending me for 2 sets a month apart. Not sure what the difference there is.

I am sure the blood work will come back and adjust the numbers so show there is no issue.

hey hun, this far they only mentioned the Harmony test. Then they said they will have a better physical diagnosis on my next appt. I will be 15 weeks then. The chance is 85% based on what they seen today. I assume if the harmony results come back negative that would decrease the chance. But he said ultimately they will still follow the development of the baby. I didn't do any research, the possibility never even crossed my mind. I'm going to research now. I'm a little worried, but at a calm state.

also did they do your blood work because of an ultrasound?

There are definitely a lot of false positive results for an NT scan babifever. I did it with my son, and am doing it again with this baby (on Friday), but more so to get a chance to see baby again than the test results. They are notoriously inaccurate according to the research I've seen. I would definitely put more stake into the blood test that you're waiting on. If that comes back high possibility, THEN I would consider the amnio. However, I'm like you, I am keeping this baby regardless...so the results really don't matter other than to be prepared. FXed that all is fine!

Still no bump photos from me to share (I'm considering it :haha:), but I did take a video of my little beanie's heartbeat. :cloud9:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlRPhmel2Hg

Babifever, I hope everything will be okay. The NT is the most basic screening. They set a threshold for the NT measurement and recommend further testing for those that go over it. Most babies will be within the normal range but some genetically normal babies go outside that range. It is a helpful screening but not 100%. Harmony is a lot more accurate, so it would definitely outweigh the NT screening.

I would take the amnio into consideration if the harmony results are poor. Just because I would want to be sure about what is wrong so special care can be given at birth (eg. If there is a heart defect or other issue that is life threatening, I would want the room to be prepared to take the baby to the NICU immediately).

I haven't been able to keep up with everything in the thread but glad to hear everyone is doing relatively well. And I see a few new members too, congrats ladies!! :flower:

Babifever I read your recent post. Just wanted to send some kind words your way and let you know we're thinking of you. I hope the blood work comes back ok. I've heard that a lot of ladies get false positives from the US. Keep us posted, glad you are remaining in good spirits, that the best way! :thumbup: I have mine on Friday this week (US and bloodwork same day).

My 'all day sickness' is beginning to ease a bit and I'm no longer vomiting everyday. I hope that is a sign that this phase is passing. The heartburn and indigestion are still sticking around.

Is anyone else having a lot of trouble sleeping. I find almost any and every position very uncomfortable as my tummy is so sore. It feels like all the muscles in my tummy are pulling constantly. I guess it's things making room but I'm not liking the feeling one bit coupled with multiple bathroom runs.

Mango - glad to hear your sickness is better! Mine is better today, was worse earlier this week. I did get some sublingual b6 and am taking half a unisom in the morning, so I'm not sure if me feeling better is because of that or because I'm just naturally getting out of the sickness period. Hopefully for both of us it continues to improve!

Also Mango, I got the leacho back n belly pillow and it has really helped support my belly while sleeping. if you don't have a body pillow you should look into it because it would probably help.

babifever - like others have said I'll hold out hope for a more accurate harmony result. Knobby is correct in that there may be urgent surgeries needed upon birth depending on the defect, so I hope that you can get the answers you need, but maybe the 20w anatomy scan would cover those bases.

Babydreams85 that's a great heartbeat video. I heard mine for the 1st time tonight :happydance: It wasn't as loud as yours and the reader didn't pick up the heart rate but it was definitely baby. Hopefully it'll be more accurate as I get used to finding it. It's made me so happy! xx

Well my mum ended up calling the emergency docs yday who admitted me straight into hospital. After 4 bags of fluids and some anti sickness injections I actually feel human again woooo. I've even managed to keep some food down today which is a bonus.

Fingers crossed it lasts till Tomoz as I'm hit ready to go back there again just yet haha.

On another note I'm loving all your bump pics, I'm overweight so I just look extra fat haha, but on the plus side I've lost over a stone so not all bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->