2015 September Sweet Peas!!! all welcome to join

Ok--no laughing :haha:

Like I said I'm not skinny to begin with, so some of this is probably just fat, but I have already had a gazillion "how far along are you?" comments. When I answer they immediately ask, "is it twins???"

Ya know, back at my very first ultrasound at 5 weeks, there were 2 gestational sacs. At my 6.5 wk one, however, only one baby was seen. I'm hoping for no big surprises on Friday :dohh:

Attachments

• IMG_6313.JPG
    IMG_6313.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 2
Hey babifever.

What you have to consider is will your baby having down's syndrome influence your decision on whether to continue with the pregnancy or not. If not then maybe the amnio isn't the best way to go and you can just prepare and ensure the baby gets a complete Down's syndrome check within the first 24 hours.

Right I have a bump picture. Just need to upload it to photobucket first!

Hey babifever.

What you have to consider is will your baby having down's syndrome influence your decision on whether to continue with the pregnancy or not. If not then maybe the amnio isn't the best way to go and you can just prepare and ensure the baby gets a complete Down's syndrome check within the first 24 hours.

yes we would still keep baby :)

Hey babifever.

Sorry I need to take my midwife hat off. I do this all day every day.

If you would keep the baby then would it be worth the miscarriage risk with the amnio? I know its only 1% nationally but each hospital have their own rates (The hospital I work at have a less than 0.3 % rate).
At least you're aware of the risk and can still semi prepare for the possibility.

However if you didnt have the amnio would that make you worry for the entirety of the pregnancy just in case?

Ok--no laughing :haha:

Like I said I'm not skinny to begin with, so some of this is probably just fat, but I have already had a gazillion "how far along are you?" comments. When I answer they immediately ask, "is it twins???"

Ya know, back at my very first ultrasound at 5 weeks, there were 2 gestational sacs. At my 6.5 wk one, however, only one baby was seen. I'm hoping for no big surprises on Friday :dohh:

ha ha babydream, I feel the same.

I said earlier I wasn't going to call, but I changed my mind. The nurse was like I was going to call earlier, but the doc was busy and she has to review the results.

Far most everything was negative for down syndrome or any other abnormalities tested. My question of concern is if this eliminates the possibility of heart defects....I assume that will be be monitored as baby grows.

oh yea and its A BOY

*I bet my son a toy it was a girl, someone will be taking a toyrus trip.

Yay Babifever for a baby boy!!!
Are you the first one in the group to know?

https://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb403/GinevraMollyWotter/Mobile%20Uploads/20150223_082424_zpsygj3knxr.jpg

Lets just exclude the mess in my office!

Hey babifever.

Sorry I need to take my midwife hat off. I do this all day every day.

If you would keep the baby then would it be worth the miscarriage risk with the amnio? I know its only 1% nationally but each hospital have their own rates (The hospital I work at have a less than 0.3 % rate).
At least you're aware of the risk and can still semi prepare for the possibility.

However if you didnt have the amnio would that make you worry for the entirety of the pregnancy just in case?

no its okay you asked. Well now that the results came back negative......
but if they were positive I definitely would not do the amino. Not with the risk. And the thought of a needle going in my stomach in depth freaks me out. I would just accept the abnormality and expect it.

Sounds like everything is working out :) I can't wait for my 12 week scan next wednesday!

Im really undecided whether to have the NT test or not. I wouldn't have the amnio but it would be nice to assess my risk. Although I know with being so young my risk will be lower anyway!

After discussing it with my doctor, and with him knowing my stance on continuing the pregnancy regardless (unless there was a 100% fatal abnormality), we decided against the NT. I go for a maternal serum blood test after 15 weeks and if that shows any risk then we'll assess from there.

Babifever YAYAYYYYY!!!!!!! I saw your signature when I was catching up on the thread and I read the rest of it like wide eyed and so excited even though I already knew :D You were so convinced it was a girl right?! Now what if I have a girl.. won't we be backwards?! Lol. So happy to hear the Harmony results came back nicely. I hope you're feeling a bit more relaxed after getting them. Of course you will still have to monitor the heart issues but it's great to know that a lot of things are looking good

littleone and babydreams your bumps are so cute!!! In another forum these mean girls were like um none of you guys could possibly be showing it's ALL BLOATING. I was like good Lord, someone is hormonal.. obviously there is SOME bloating (for me at least!) but really girls?! Yall are definitely showing and I think I am too! It's like this weird hard bit.. I tried to suck it in a ton and couldn't make the bump disappear! Littleone we are almost exactly the same gestational age!

littleone and babydreams your bumps are so cute!!! In another forum these mean girls were like um none of you guys could possibly be showing it's ALL BLOATING. I was like good Lord, someone is hormonal.. obviously there is SOME bloating (for me at least!) but really girls?! Yall are definitely showing and I think I am too! It's like this weird hard bit.. I tried to suck it in a ton and couldn't make the bump disappear! Littleone we are almost exactly the same gestational age!

Melewen- my date has slightly changed so im the same gestational age as you i just dont want to change my ticker until my official 12 week scan!

I think a bit of mine is bloating but im not very big usually so for me to be this big is not normal! I dont think i had a pop moment more of a grow slowly!

Hey ladies!

Thought you might like to see my U/S. :)

I will catch up on everyone soon...

Attachments

• Twins.jpg
    Twins.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 7
Yikesbaby I cannot even handle the double cuteness! Looks great

Littleone what's your new EDD?

Hey... I wonder if I should use my new adjusted due date... since I am expected to deliver at 37 weeks, I am now due Sep 8th. :)

I am loving the bump pictures ladies!

babifever - So happy that you are able to stop stressing now.
melewen - I love your itty bitty bump!! I wore maternity pants by 13 weeks with DD because I was absolutely showing... anyone who thinks it isn't possible is delusional!
XLaura - Hope you are feeling better!!!

Yikesbaby hahaha yes it is small. But I still love constantly rubbing it like a super weirdo!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->