2015 September Sweet Peas!!! all welcome to join

TTCfirst, I really want to stay team yellow but I don't know if I have the willpower. I had an eye exam the other day and my optometrist said she was happy to be team yellow....that it's the reward for pushing :) I thought that was a good way to look at it. I will try and remember her words at the 20 week US.

I never thought of it like that, we just wanted a surprise. That will definitely make me push harder to find out what the sex is. Then again I am sure the pain will be motivation enough. lol

Has anyone looked at those signature things that say how many days to go? Mine says I have 187 days to go (I'm 13 weeks). Doesn't that seem quick...just 187 days?

Ttc_first it's correct based off 40 weeks, or til your typical due date. Though the acerage baby comes after 41 weeks and 1 day! :) maybe I should start trying to convince myself my due date is one week later.. Hmmmmm

Oh and yes I needed a calculator to verify that.. Hahaha! Pregnancy brain, I can't even multiply anymore

Thanks everyone for the congrats :)

Mel, sorry about the rudeness on the other boards! They suck!

Yeah they do suck! Not really, you guys just RULE!

Melewen- My new due date is the 21st!
I would love to have a baby then because I have a family frien's birthday on the 16h and my brothers on the 30th so it would be in the middle.

I'm edging towards a girl. I had a termination for medical reasons in August and genetic testing has since shown it was a boy so I would love a girl because I don't want this baby to be a replacement. Due date for that baby was on the 27th Feb so was a bit hard but slightly easier now I'm pregnant again.

I think i'll have to find out just to prepare myself but what a lot of us in our NCT group do is find out, share with the group and then tell the rest of the family we don't know what it is.
That way I get what I want and some gender specificy clothes and I also have that surprise for my family when the baby comes and when we're ringing round to tell them I've had the baby they'll all be asking what I had and I love unisex baby showers!

I saw 4 magpies today though... slightly foreboding!

I'm going to get my tarot cards out later and have a little session with those. The problem is with angel cards when you're pregnant is Seraphina (the angel of family) comes up every time in the 'change' section which really clouds your reading!!!

Melewen, I had my DS at 38 wks, 5 days (my OBs dates) or 39 wks exactly (by my dates). So FTMs don't always go later ;)

Melewen- NCT is a UK thing. Its the National Childbirth Trust. They run a lot of the antenatal classes (although they're private).
Traditionally they have a reputation for being married mums who babywear, co-sleep, cloth nappy and attachment parent but the longer I work with them (I used to run mums and bumps group & run antenatal classes) the more I realise that isn't the case!

So basically a group of mums/ pregnant women who sit around, drink tea and eat cake when we meet up!

Cute bumps babydreams and littleone!

Congrats on the good news babifever! What a relief it must be! :)

Mamabunny, when I listen with my doppler I hear those same random whooshing by sounds and figured it was the baby moving its arm or something. It's nice to hear your dr confirm that! Is the dr officially going to move your due date a week earlier?

Melewen, that puppy was too cute! And yeah, I don't want to move when I wake up in the morning.

Mamabunny & Knobby - The wooshing sounds are one of two things... you blood moving through your arteries... or your gut contracting. :) Perfectly normal but sounds weird.

My doctor said he wouldn't change anything until my dating/gender scan at around 22 weeks.

The steady woosh I hear was my heartbeat, doctor had even mentioned that when searching for baby. I read that the side your placenta is on will have a much stronger woosh sound because of the blood flow through the placenta :shrug:

Mamabunny & Knobby - The wooshing sounds are one of two things... you blood moving through your arteries... or your gut contracting. :) Perfectly normal but sounds weird.

I've heard both gut sounds and my own arteries while using the doppler. This is different though. It's a whole different sound. Sort of like when you rub the end of the probe with your finger. It is random and quick and is not steady like placenta/artery sounds. And a lot different than bowel sounds. Also, I can tell when the baby moves because the baby will move away from where the probe is pointing.

I had quite a few quick jolt noises, like something tapping or rubbing the doppler quick. Doctor said it was baby moving and sure enough when it happened he would lose the heartbeat lol

I said earlier I wasn't going to call, but I changed my mind. The nurse was like I was going to call earlier, but the doc was busy and she has to review the results.

Far most everything was negative for down syndrome or any other abnormalities tested. My question of concern is if this eliminates the possibility of heart defects....I assume that will be be monitored as baby grows.

oh yea and its A BOY

*I bet my son a toy it was a girl, someone will be taking a toyrus trip.

Babifever glad to hear the results came back negative!! :happydance: Congrats on being team blue. So undecided about finding out.

Does anyone else know what they are having already?

Finally got around to updating my tickers - doc moved my due date up to Sept 11. :)

Littleone um sounds awesome, can I come?! Haha

I don't know what I"m having yet but I have a feeling of what we might be popping out.. what does everyone else "think" they're having?! If you don't know already

I won't know until April 1st or 2nd depending on when I get get the gender scan scheduled. I can't waaaait. Though at the moment I'm more excited for our NT scan next Weds. Really just can't wait to see baby and then finally be able to announce!

I've gotten so used to taking my b6 and zofran under my tongue that I just popped another peppermint but tried to stick it under my tongue too lol. Thankfully I've felt much better yesterday and today. Dare I say I'm coming out of the 1st trimester fog? *knock on wood* I was actually able to eat a SALAD at lunch today! :munch:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->