2015 September Sweet Peas!!! all welcome to join

Urgh.

I'm working tomorrow. Because I'm only an almost qualified midwife I've been working at a race course but they don't know im pregnant yet. However I'm supposed to be working next wednesday when I have my 12 week scan.

I know they have to give me the time off but I dont want the manager to be arsey with me :(

Cheryl both my OH and I are convinced we're having a girl :baby: Mostly because we wanted a boy so badly, but also my OH is certain because of the high FHR. I'm thinking probably girl too because when I look at my scan photo of baby's side profile, all I see is HIM - his chin, nose and juicy lips - and I've noticed that my son favors me but my daughter favors her dad so I'm thinking this may be a case of daughter resembling daddy again :shrug: Also I'm thinking my placenta is on the left side which is supposed to be a good indicator of a girl I believe, however, a majority of my gender tests point towards boy...

Were both your kids' FHR's high? My mom said both ours were high BUT we're both girls! Mine was 159 at 7 weeks and placenta is on the right... Otherwise I feel like 10"% boy! Do you know when you'll find out? It might be just a trait you pass on with how your kids favor their father but my sisters-in-law kids are opposite! Her daughter is like her mini me. Then again my good friends daughters look more like their dads.... Mystery!!

My son had high FHR so I don't think that one is very reliable. This is the first time I've done Ramzi theory and my placenta is left, (girl) so we will see at my scan. I don't have strong inclinations and we want either so it's hard for me to guess. My son thinks it's a sister though :)

Just had my scan for down syndrome and the US results came back in the 'normal' range. The blood work results will take a week they said. Lil one was sleeping so the tech told me to cough a few times and that work baby up surprisingly... Was a little funny.

I have no idea what the FHR rate was for my previous pregnancies :shrug: I didn't pay as much attention as I am now. I get alot of "your daughter looks just like you!" comments but when I look at her I see her dad's nose, chin with dimple, eyes and complexion. She def has his attitude as well :dohh:

Mango that's great news! I bet whenever I sneeze it wakes up my LO :laugh2:

I feel like I can't base the gender off the FHR, esp when there's so many other possibilities to look at and they mostly point to BOY. If for some strange reason it happens to be a boy I know my OH will be over the moon and that will make me so happy!

Well I had my scan today and all looks good. NT measurements are normal, heart rate is 173bpm, and baby was extremely active (kept doing flips lol). I wish I had better pics...the two I have are blurry because baby wouldn't cooperate. I'm 90% sure I saw the nub, and it was horizontal. Skull sort of looks like my DS but maybe more narrow? Hard to tell though without a clear picture. So I guess it's just waiting for another 5 LONG weeks now!!! Gender scan April 10th!

Oh and I think my DS had a HR of 159-162 at this stage, so this one seems a little higher...but who knows???

How exciting! 5 more weeks! I was thinking I'd have my dating/gender scan somewhere between April 15th and 29th but my OH corrected me saying the doctor said anywhere from 22-26 weeks! :saywhat: That seems awfully late, especially 26 weeks! My scan with my DD in 2004/5 was - let me do the math quick - at 21+7 so I suppose 22 would be about right but I'm so impatient :brat: My friend that's 2 weeks ahead of me is getting her scan at 21 weeks I think. That'd put me around April 21st. They didn't schedule me for that at my recent appointment but I hope they do at the next which is on April 1st.

Cheryl both my OH and I are convinced we're having a girl :baby: Mostly because we wanted a boy so badly, but also my OH is certain because of the high FHR. I'm thinking probably girl too because when I look at my scan photo of baby's side profile, all I see is HIM - his chin, nose and juicy lips - and I've noticed that my son favors me but my daughter favors her dad so I'm thinking this may be a case of daughter resembling daddy again :shrug: Also I'm thinking my placenta is on the left side which is supposed to be a good indicator of a girl I believe, however, a majority of my gender tests point towards boy...

My son has been high at 179 for weeks, so high doesn't matter. He is always on my left side.

* my first son used to be pretty low. Not sure which side. It was 10 years ago but FHR was always low.

Were both your kids' FHR's high? My mom said both ours were high BUT we're both girls! Mine was 159 at 7 weeks and placenta is on the right... Otherwise I feel like 10"% boy! Do you know when you'll find out? It might be just a trait you pass on with how your kids favor their father but my sisters-in-law kids are opposite! Her daughter is like her mini me. Then again my good friends daughters look more like their dads.... Mystery!!

Mel they say high is girl, low is boy. But like I was saying my son is high and I'm on the left. So I dont think the FHR is a good factor. I will say I've been craving salty/sour stuff which is consistent with my first (son). My friend is having a girl and she's been craving sweets. What are you craving?

Babifever do you see the placenta attached on the left side of photos? Or the right?

Babifever do you see the placenta attached on the left side of photos? Or the right?

I know because of what the ultrasound techs keep saying. They talk while there doing it and always check my right because that's were my forbids are. She says, okay now I'm moving to the right... I can't tell from the pictures....or never cared too. Explain?

I've had 7 ultrasounds already...

actually 8!

Wait, they say baby is where? On your left?

And yeah I think FHR is probably more hereditary than anything, possibly, like a lot of other things in pregnancy. I am craving sweets all the time though!

Wait, they say baby is where? On your left?

And yeah I think FHR is probably more hereditary than anything, possibly, like a lot of other things in pregnancy. I am craving sweets all the time though!

yes baby is on left.....? What, what? Lol.

maybe your having a girl <3

I think babifever was referring to the baby side as on the left then they move to the right, if I'm reading that correctly? Hey I am craving salty too... and sour! I craved sweets with my DD like Oreos and chocolate cake with hot fidge. That stuff sounds gross to me now. Maybe it's a sign...

I think babifever was referring to the baby side as on the left then they move to the right, if I'm reading that correctly? Hey I am craving salty too... and sour! I craved sweets with my DD like Oreos and chocolate cake with hot fidge. That stuff sounds gross to me now. Maybe it's a sign...

yes my placenta is on the left side, which they say is a girl indicator . But I'm having a boy. I know I'm on the left because I listen to the ultrasound tech, and after she looks at the baby, she always says "okay now I'm moving to the right". I've been having both internal and external ultrasounds. There usually pretty detailed because their monitoring my 2 forbids and remember I had a small hemorrhage. The hemorrhage has appeared to disappear they say, and spotting has stopped, thank God.

Agh babifever now I just don't know what to believe I'm having?!?! :wacko: The next month and a half or so is going to draaaaaaagggggg :brat:

Agh babifever now I just don't know what to believe I'm having?!?! :wacko: The next month and a half or so is going to draaaaaaagggggg :brat:

I'm going to say boy for you, lol, just because of the salt/sour.

My scan technician said something similar I.just thought my bladder was further over that side and that's why she got a clearer view on my left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->