2015 September Sweet Peas!!! all welcome to join

Welcome to the group likeaustralia! :hi:

Aww what a cute scan photo Mummytoosh! :baby:

So just to introduce myself a bit more, this is my second baby and with my first, I opted out of a lot of the prenatal testing/extra scans in favor of just a more natural approach. My first was born early at just shy of 35 weeks and we had a genetic-issue scare while he was in the NICU. Everything turned out to be perfectly fine and he's now a gorgeous, smart almost 3yo, but I am getting ALL the tests this time so there are hopefully no surprises this time around. :)

I just had the NT scan last week and am so happy to have it come back all good! I'm also waiting on the results of my Harmony test, which will give us a more thorough DNA picture, as well as gender! I should have those results early next week.

I'm also taking progesterone
supplements to hopefully avoid another preterm birth. I'd love to deliver in a non-hospital setting this time and have to make it to 37 weeks to make that happen. Here's hoping!

Looking forward to getting to know you all a bit more over the coming months.

Hello likeaustralia!
Hope you get the birth experience you want this time. Your first one sounds scary!

I'm going on a girly night out tomorrow. Dinner and dancing. Though my friend just text me to say the restaurant is quite busy, and our table is booked for 9pm. :-s I'm usually having a cup of tea in bed at that time having had dinner 4 hours earlier! Ah well, I can sleep in the next day, and I should make the most of it while I still fit in "nice" clothes!!

Sorry for your loss mummy2_1 :/

It's been awhile since I posted. I have been pretty bummed out lately. The situation with my sister is not good. All I did was tell her how sad I was and she stopped talking to me. I didn't get angry with her and didn't blame it all on her, she just stopped talking to me altogether.

She doesn't think what happened was a big deal at all. Very not understanding. She got really defensive when I was expressing how heartbroken I was and she said, "I'm sorry but it was out of my control," and a bunch of other defensive uncaring nonsense. Instead of just saying, "I'm so sorry about what happened, I feel so bad." Which would have been a normal and appreciated response.

I had invited her to my anatomy ultrasound which is in 10 days, but with her not talking to me I don't even know if she will show up anymore. :( I don't know why she insists to make the situation even worse? How does not talking to me helping at all?

Anyways, we're telling DH's family tomorrow, so hopefully that goes better. Not too excited about it because DH's parents are weird (they never even congratulated me on the engagement after my husband proposed - never even talked about it - but then acted all happy at the wedding?).

As for the baby, I have been feeling movement since 15w6d. Feels like little taps. It seems to happen at certain times of the day. Also my bump has gotten huge and I've gained 5lbs so far.

Sparklesheart, thank you! The actual birth of my first was not so bad. It was quite fast and easy for a first labor/delivery, I'm told! But yeah, being early and being in the NICU was definitely nerve shattering. My LO fortunately did very well for having been early, but it is not something I'd wish on anyone. :)

Enjoy your night out. And don't feel bad if you get tired early on - you're allowed. ;)

Welcome likeaustralia!

I had my 16 week midwife appointment yesterday and a GTT (my mum is diabetic so I had to have it done). Midwife appointment was a bit of a bust, she didn't listen with the doppler, said they're leaving it to 25 weeks now but my next appointment isn't until 28 weeks.

Plus the consultant doesn't want to see me at all which I'm not happy about. My last baby was a 32 weeker and I'm worried about going early again but they're not doing anything about it. I don't even know what precautions can be taken but just doing something would be nice!

Happy dance!!!!!!!! I'm doing an early gender scan today. :D. And so sorry to be a tease but for now I'm only telling on fb. Heheheh. Let me know if you need to be added. :)

:holly:

Yesterday we got to hear Athena's heartbeat via doppler for the first time ever!! She didn't even need to search for it :happydance: Because my uterus is so tilted it can make it really hard to find. We couldn't hear our last two until later on! I'm 15 weeks tomorrow :D Not sure if I ever updated my EDD? It's September 20th :thumbup:

We are still getting back and forth news. I stopped bleeding from my SCHs after daily bleeding. :dance: Last scan showed they were still the same size though. April 10th is the big appointment! Cervix measurements, schs measurements, a look at Athena :) And hopefully I get to get my cerclage asap! They wouldn't consider doing it before 16 weeks because how big my schs are.

Knobby, I'm sorry you're sister is being so I considerate. It doesn't seem like it was out of her control at all.

Welcome likeaustralia!

Horsey, so what are you having??!!

Radiance, what's a cerclage?

I'm getting bigger and bigger. I generally eat pretty healthy but did have take out two nights in a row because I was working late. I also have been eating a ton if Easter candy. I'm hosting dinner and doing an egg hunt for the kiddos so I have all the candy here. I need to put it in the basement so it won't be so tempting!

shellideaks - They've put me on progesterone supplements to hopefully prevent another preterm birth. Did you have a "cause" for your early labor before? It sounds like you're in the UK, but they might have them available to you there too?

It's a surgical procedure where the cervix is sewn closed

Totally TMI but have to share with people who will get a laugh...

Preface: Every night DD and I shower together and get our PJs on before I put her to bed. (Poor hubby!)

TMI: My areolas/nipples have turned darker in colour with all of these hormones!!

Tonight: We get out of the shower and are drying off and she tells me that I have raspberries on my breasts. LMAO

shellideaks - They've put me on progesterone supplements to hopefully prevent another preterm birth. Did you have a "cause" for your early labor before? It sounds like you're in the UK, but they might have them available to you there too?

My waters have broken spontaneously with all my children. At 36+2, 36+1 and 32+4. No obvious reasons as to why. I have read about progesterone supplements but I don't think it's very common to be given them in the UK.

I think it's less often used for PROM. I didn't have PROM, but PTL due to a cervix that shortened too early. I don't know what they do about PROM unfortunately. :( I hope you can get some answers though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->