2015 September Sweet Peas!!! all welcome to join

I pretty much feel like September is NEVER going to get here... but then, I'm kind of a minimalist when it comes to getting ready for baby! All I need to do is pick up a car seat and get my Ergo carrier back from a friend, and order some newborn diapers... other than that, I mostly co-sleep so if the crib doesn't get done till after baby comes, no big deal; clothes will be pretty easy (I'll by a few sleepers but my first never even wore newborn size and was in 6 month size by 3 weeks so I tend to buy as I need rather than stockpiling in advance); have a breast pump already, don't need bottles or anything like that.... I just want BABY to be here already so I can snuggle and kiss and adore!!

I need a list as well, but really don't even know where to start, haha. Times seemed to fly fast for the first half but now I am more anxious to meet the little boy and Sept seem so far away.
The closet in our baby room is small too. We didn't want to do anything permanent as we might move in a year or so, we went to Ikea and just got a small closet storage and placed it under the hanging rod to create drawers for the baby clothes. As Tristansmom mentioned, we probably buy as we go (clothing) instead of stocking up, baby always outgrow the outfit early.

Thank you mummy2_1 for updating the list. :)

Here's my baby boy today, sucking his thumb. A lot was discussed at the appointment today. If your curious, go to my journal, page 24. I had another Anatomy Scan today. And I have another next Thursday.

Attachments

• IMAG0127_1.jpg
    IMAG0127_1.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 2
Tristansmom, I tend to agree. With my first I had a baby shower and quite a few those things never even got used. A lot of it we found to be necessary and just took up space. There's not much that little ones need apart from us really. My biggest must haves were sleepers, a car seat and a breast pump for when I return to work as I;d like to breastfeed again for the 1st year at least.

Babifever I did not realise you had a 9yr old. You'll have an age gap similar to mine. My daughter just turned 7. I was reading through your journal and I believe kids can still be close no matter the age gap, especially if they are he same sex. Sometimes it's all in how you raise them, i.e. having them do activities together and look out for one another.

After reading your latest update I can def see why you are looking to switch docs. I too would be highly uncomfortable after what you've mentioned and also how some of your questions were answered! But in all it sounds like the docs updates wee positive and hopefully they have put your mind at ease. :hugs:

Such an adorable scan photo babifever! I cannot wait for mine next week!

21 weeks today and I've felt like shapoopy ever since I woke up this morning :sick:

20150422_074333.jpg IMG_20150422_080912.jpg

Less than 5 days til my ultrasound :happydance:

Thanks Mango, the sweater is from Old Navy. It's not maternity but I got it a few years ago and have only wore it ONCE I think :laugh2: Fine time for me to try squeezing into it now! The jeans are Old Navy maternity and have a short belly band on the waist (not the one that comes up over your entire belly) plus they're skinny style so they fit into my boots well and will be nice to cuff up a bit this summer as long as my backside doesn't get too big for them :rofl:

Had my 19 week appointment today. Doc weighed me and in total I've gained (17-20 lbs so far)....wowzers!!! (too many cheeseburgers but they taste so good). I've been working out throughout so far so I'm not overly concerned but def relying on breastfeeding after to help.

Baby's heartbeat was in the 140s. Still trying to guess the gender. I crave meats and orange juice/milkshakes all the time. Having another DD would be easier, considering they may be closer if they are the same gender and it may b less costly due to "hand me downs", and then on the flip side, having a DS would be cool as I'd have 1 of each.

Still torn about whether or not I'll ask the gender next week at the 20wk ultra sound.

Mango my ultrasound is the 27th and we are definitely finding out the gender! I just can't wait any longer! I can't believe it's finally time :happydance: Now I want the weeks to SLOW DOWN! I've gained around 20lbs (or more :shrug:) and will be 22 weeks at my next appointment on the 29th. I just try to watch my salt and sugar intake. Cheeseburgers... yum!!!

I'm 20 weeks today too. Didn't realize we had the same due date, Tristan's Mom.

Mango, my scan is next Tuesday. I don't want to find out but may cave. I found out with my daughter and have everything I need so there's no rush to know.

Happy 20 weeks to the both of u! :)
My next appt with my doc is Wednesday. Finally! I'm hoping to get my ultrasound booked soon after and definitely finding out!!

Wow happy 20 weeks to you as well sbmack!

carebear my next doc appointment is Wednesday as well!

Mango my ultrasound is the 27th and we are definitely finding out the gender! I just can't wait any longer! I can't believe it's finally time :happydance: Now I want the weeks to SLOW DOWN! I've gained around 20lbs (or more :shrug:) and will be 22 weeks at my next appointment on the 29th. I just try to watch my salt and sugar intake. Cheeseburgers... yum!!!

Is this your Anatomy Scan? And I already told you , it's boy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"