2016 Snowflakes!! (Nov/Dec Rainbows)

Glad your appointment went well hmmohrma! I've never had a provider use the handheld US, that must have been neat!! If you don't mind me asking hmmohrma, what things did they see on the ultrasound with your second pregnancy? Sorry, if its to personal, with my last MMC Sophie looked perfect and we found out later she had a very rare genetic disorder so it was honestly a miracle she wasn't already showing signs of it when we lost her.

I have my 10+0 appt on Monday and they informed me the other day that I would need to come in with a full bladder (First time I've actually been told to have a full bladder for this sort of US) since they were going to do an ultrasound since they were going to refer me to Maternal Fetal Medicine for our genetic testing appointments. So I'm hoping everything is ok on Monday.

The baby's head was half mooned shape and the fingers and toes were not separated. They were still webbed/ fused together. It was actually at 8 weeks 5 days, and the doctor said the heart had probably stopped with the last day or so by the size of the baby. It was our hardest loss, but the hospital sends all remains to be buried, and the Knights of Columbus pay for a beautiful group funeral for miscarriages and stillborn babies. It was helpful to have some closure, and they let us take pictures of the little casket and burial site and they gave us a sweet little frog as a remembrance. We still have it in our bedroom. The baby would have had severe physical and intellectual disabilities if he or she has survived, but with the development of the head it seemed there was never a chance of survival. Now we know that my thyroid antibody being raised is causing my immune system to attack my thyroid. The thyroid is normal, but it is what caused our losses. A little bit of synthetic thyroid, aspirin, and progesterone, and we're having a great pregnancy. Our doctors are amazing! <3

That's so lovely hmmohrma! I'm so glad they were able to do that for you guys, how sweet. I know it surely meant so much to you two. Did they do any genetic testing or did they think it wasn't necessary?

We were told by our first doctor to do testing, but she couldn't do the d and c bc she was out of town. A different OB came for the procedure, and he informed is our insurance wouldn't pay for it and it would likely be close to $2000 and not necessarily tell us something. We actually really appreciated that because the first OB made us feel like it was the totally normal next step and didn't even bring up cost. We ended up switching to the doc that did the d and c, and he referred us to the RE after the third loss which was early like the first. Genetic testing wouldn't have found anything because my thyroid antibody was the problem, and insurance covered everything with the RE under quality of life care bc my cycles had been so messed up since all of this began. We LOVE our OB and RE, and it turns out the original OB left the practice not that long after all this started for us, so everything really worked out perfectly for us in the end.

Baby is doing great!! They wiggled and wiggled and wiggled!!! Took the Dr 20 minutes just to get the HB (168bmp!) because of it and an additional 15 minutes for the rest of the measurements! Baby is measuring at 10+2 and I'm 10+0 :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:
https://i.imgur.com/UWwaFTD.jpg

Aww, hello baby's! Glad everything went well. It's funny, I'm two days ahead as well and we have the same estimated due date!

Woohoo!!!! Mine measured a day ahead when I went for my ultrasound.

It's funny I was just worried I had no more pregnancy symptoms besodes my boobs getting big. And then it hit me yesterday. I don't know about anyone else but I seem to be getting a new symptom every week and the next week the one I previously had dissapearwd and I get a new symptom lol I swear I'm not crazy!
In the beginning Iv had dizziness and nausea. Then one week I had side cramps and pulling feeling. That went away. Next I had bad bad gas pains. Now that went away. Now here I am at 9 weeks and the emotions hit me like a ton of bricks.
I got mad because my husband took the spatula I was using to cook I almost cried. I was mad at him all night last night and just wanted to burst into tears. This is craziness !!

That's so great Navy! Pumkin, tell me about it. It is the end of the school year and testing time. I've been so emotional the last two days just watching my kids take tests. One of my boobs has been really sore but only in one spot under the nipple and is now itchy. Anybody have this before? The skin even seems a bit raised up. the other one had a little white bump on the areola tonight...I looked it up...it's normal. haha

Surely I couldn't be showing yet at nine weeks right ? I can't tell if I am or if I just hve bloating. What do you ladies think?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 6
I've had a bump like that for about a week, pumkin. I know it's probably more bloat than anything else but I'd rather think of it being a bump than a bit of podge! :haha:

I'm still feeling sick pretty often and so exhausted! Cant believe that if baby has kept growing the same rate it had been I should be roughly 11 weeks tomorrow. How can that be?!

I know Lynn time is seriously flying. My husband was just saying yesterday that he remembers when we just found out we are pregnant and now I'm 9 weeks.

I like to think it's a belly haha when I try to suck it in the little bump still sticks out
Probly just in my head haha

Little bump Pumpkin!!!

I'm like you too Lyn, if baby stays a little ahead I'd be about 11ish too and its mind boggling! Almost to the second trimester!!!

Looking good Pumkin! I hit 12 weeks on Friday! I'm feeling better and better, and people are starting to say I'm showing...I'm pretty sure it's just that I haven't been allowed to exercise for 3 months. Doctor said I can go back to HIIT at 14 weeks though. Let's see if I have the energy for that. :) I've been taking yoga pants and sports bra pics weekly for myself since week 5, but we started monthly photos today that we will share after baby is here. We're doing pink and teal tops until we find out the sex. Crazy...next time I will be 16 weeks and definitely showing!

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 5
Hello! Was given an official due date (so please update me!)

December 8th. Still team pink.

Hooray Stiletto! How'd your appt go? :)

AFM: I'm 11 weeks today, eeeek!!

How is everyone doing?

Hey everyone I'm doing well. I am 10+1 crazy how fast the time is going.
Had a sharp pain when I sneezed yesterday in lower abdominal area. Lasted for like five seconds then went away. Been really moody and emotional. Been having slight food aversions and slight cravings. Yesterday started getting the dizziness again I hate that! ..headaches..fatigue..lots of increased CM.. all that fun stuff.
I noticed the veins on my boobs are more predominant and showing it looks gross ha

Hi ladies!

I'm 9+3 and due December 3rd. DH, dog and I all have December bdays as long as dads and all4 grandmas! So it is fitting to have a December baby! DH was found to have a balanced translocation after 4 losses and we had a fifth loss since then. This is the first time we have ever made it to a heartbeat. Successful scans at 6.5 and 8.5 weeks. While this is all perfect news so far, the chance of chromosome issues is still frightening me. No blood test will pick up the chromosomes involved in DHs translocation (6 & 22) so we are unsure if we will do any invasive testing or not. It's a scary topic for us right now. Haven't told anyone. I am too scared to. If it were possible, I would never tell anyone until baby is here safely!

You all have some wonderful scan pics! Hope you are all doing well! This has been a stressful time for us, when it should be super happy.

Pumpkin I get the sharp pains too, especially when I stretch the wrong way or sneeze really hard!

Welcome TinyLynne, so sorry for your losses :hugs:
We're in a somewhat similar boat as far as genetics, except mine are from poor quality eggs. Two of our losses were confirmed to be chromosomal abnormalities, including our daughter Sophie who had Mosaic Trisomy 4 and DS is in the process of being tested to see if he is on the spectrum and needs to be tested for deletions/duplications. So we are having CVS or Amnio done in the next few weeks due to the risks. It is indeed very scary but on our end we feel it's needed to be prepared for the future if something is wrong.

Thanks for the reply Navy, I feel the same way about the testing. So many people have made me feel bad about wanting the testing, so it's nice to get some support from someone who really understands the importance.

Hope testing reveals all is well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadleyfai
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->