2016 Snowflakes!! (Nov/Dec Rainbows)

My family was very very much against any testing during a pregnancy until I finally put my foot down and essentially asked them if they were or ever had been in my shoes. Had they ever lost multiple children and been flat out told it was basically your "fault" (I use the term loosely, no is ACTUALLY at fault but in my case, my eggs) and that the only way to really know and be ready for another potential problem was this test. After that they made themselves scarce around the entire subject.

Welcome Tinylynn. Sorry for your losses, but congrats on the heartbeats! I hope testing goes well for both of you. DH and I have decided against it, but our losses were due to my thyroid anitbody being raised, so hopefully we won't have to think about that part. We talk about it a lot, and we just finally decided to wait and see. Our OB is going to do all he can through ultrasounds, but I do know I'm not a carrier for Cystic Fibrosis, so at least that is ruled out.

Navy, I'm so sorry that your family was unsupportive. For me it was the OB coordinator at the office I was going to (I switch yesterday) that didn't even give me info on it, and when I asked about it started telling me No, I didn't want that. Why on Earth would I want that? Her not giving me options I felt was reckless, so onto the new OB, and we have appointments over the next couple of weeks there and then will decide what we will do.

Good for you for changing Dr's!! That was extremely irresponsible of her, especially when your husband has a balanced translocation!

I just got off the phone with Maternal Fetal Medicine and I have an appt on the 19th (almost 14 weeks) with our geneticist to schedule our Amniocentesis. Little nervous, but we'll get through it.

DH surprised me with a "Prenatal Photoshoot" as a Mother's Day presents (I could have swore I told you this yesterday... argh) and its basically a really high tech ultrasound and its a 30 minute session to look at baby in 2D, 3D/4D and 4D HD Live!!

We went to this cute little place called Fun Fetal Photo's for it, it was lovely!! We got a DVD of the entire session, 50+ stills in all grades and some other cute little momentos like a card and such! Baby was EVERYWHERE! We even got a good potty shot!! I'm 98% sure we know what it is!!! :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Plain 2D, their heart rate was in the 160's the whole time :)
https://i.imgur.com/dTlAqsX.jpg

Some neat 3D/4D ones <3
https://i.imgur.com/PKhcLCv.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/lLrvtFz.jpg

Some 4D HDLive ones :cloud9::cloud9:
https://i.imgur.com/zqfiWvO.jpghttps://i.imgur.com/aYTFwUk.jpg

Potty Shot! Tech (and I) say........... BOY! :blue:
https://i.imgur.com/VMVkTje.jpg

How cool Navy!!! What a most awesome gift!! That was so sweet of your hubby! And look at those awesome pictures! I bet it was even cooler live! And I would agree with the boy statement. I can't believe you got such a clear shot of that so early!

Congrats! I bet you are just awestruck still!

Thank you TinyLynne! The place we went wasn't super expensive, 80$ for the initial (and we get a free CD of the stills since we're military) and every other scan during this pregnancy only costs us 60$ instead of the first 80$, so that's really neat for us!

Tiny, that's ridiculous that the doctor wouldn't give you all of your options and let you decide. I'm glad you're trying someone else. This is your baby and your decisions. You should clearly be given all the possible choices to make with your partner.

Navy, what a great gift! I'm glad everything went so well for you and you're feeling better now! Our next appointment will be 14w 4 d, and I hope we can find out the sex. I know it's not 100% possible at that point, but it would be so great to know. We want a little girl sooo badly, but that's mostly because there are 6 boys on DH's side and everyone is hoping we have a girl. We'll all be thrilled to bring home another little boy for the family too!

How is everyone doing??

Now a days Hmmohrma, US is so good that they can take a guess and be as much as 95% right past 13 weeks!! Fingers crossed baby isn't shy!

We announced today on Mother's Day! (In the US, I'm not sure when it is elsewhere) Everyone is very excited and supportive! :cloud9:

Our Announcement
https://i.imgur.com/Fdc3sJr.jpg

Great announcement! Our doppler arrived, and we had fun with it today! Found the heartbeat pretty quickly. So reassuring, but I had DH hide it so I don't just sit and listen all day every day.

How fun! I love mine! I have one of the Sonoline B's, what's yours? :)

The same thing. I got it on ebay brand new for about $40 with shipping, and it was so worth it. It seems like a lot of people went with that brand, so I decided it was a good choice.

I hear baby moving alot, little blips and thumps and little "rubbing" type noises, it's magical! Yeah Sonoline B is one of the biggest and best brands :)

All this talk of dopplers is making me tempted to "steal" my sister's one now that she has had her little baby girl. I'm just so scared that I won't be able to find the heartbeat!

Hey all. Can't believe I am 11 weeks today I have a doctors appointment next week fingers crossed everything will be good so nervous for that appointment. Iv had some spotting from my hematoma recently even though I know what it's from it still drives me craZy!!!
Also been having this horrible pain in my left hip when I walk and sleep at night I wake up a million times because I'm in so much pain!!

Iv been looking into home doplers but scared I won't find a heartbeat ugh the stress. I want the first trimester to hurry up

That sore hip is your hips starting to relax and spread! It happens quite early! Mine have been rather sore as well the past couple weeks!

I told myself I would never get the doppler because I didn't want to worry. With 4 weeks between appointments, it was just too long to wait. Especially being in week 14 (tomorrow) and losing symptoms a couple weeks ago. It was a knee jerk decision to buy, and DH just goes with the flow. We used it twice the day it came because I didn't think to record it the first time. I don't want to use it too often just incase, but it is tempting.

My right hip started hurting this week. I don't know if beginning to exercise again for the first time in 3 months made it start, but it is pretty localized and worst in the morning. I started putting a pillow between my thighs, and that is definitely helping. I almost fell down it hit so hard getting up the other day. Now I'm more careful...no risks!

Doing well except I'm developing a sore throat today. Hopefully it will pass quickly. I just got home
From school and hopped into bed. Our appointment on Tuesday went well. We're now a "normal pregnancy" and moved to the regular schedule. We go back in 5 weeks for the sex scan. Here's a screen shot from the video we took on my phone from the handheld ultra sound on Tuesday. Booboo had hiccups! Adorable!

How are you Navy?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members