2016 Snowflakes!! (Nov/Dec Rainbows)

Awesome!!!

We had our first genetics appt today, the Dr thinks that I may be a carrier for Fragile X Syndrome, so we were tested for that today (results in 2 weeks) and then our Amniocentisis is June 13th and results are 2-3 weeks after that

Will this be your first amnio? I'm getting bloods done Monday for all the chromosomal and neural tune defects. I'm nervous, but we decided to go for it after all. We are not doing anything more invasive though. Too scared. I hope the time goes quickly for you. I'm sure the waiting is tough.

I don't even remember. I guess just the quad screen. I'm regretting not doing the NT scan now. I just read that the combination of the two gives better statistical information. Oh well...just waiting for results now.

Ahh gotcha!

We bypassed the quad, all it basically does is give you "chances" for Tube Defects, T13, T18 and T21, it doesn't actually say yes or no. So they told us if we wanted concrete answers to do either Amnio or CVS because those are the only two tests that test for EVERYTHING (trisomies, testrasomies, rings, disomies, deletions, duplications, sex linked mutations on X and Y and all the other chromosomal things.) Basically since Sophie's condition was so rare and not on the radar and I have bad eggs, we're gonna test for it all out of paranoia and a "better safe than sorry" type deal. We have an estimated 35% chance of having a child with some sort of chromosome disorder due to my eggs so that risk of not knowing far outweighs the 0.3% of miscarriage associated with Amnio. I'm still scared of that 0.3% but I'm also terrified of not being prepared for a potential loss (such as still birth or late term loss due to a disorder) or not being prepared for a child who will need special needs met.

Can I be moved to the angels please, I lost my baby Monday, scan showed baby had no heartbeat xxx:cry:

We found out what we are having today. It's a.........
BOY!!! :blue:
https://i.imgur.com/BmXW3eU.jpg

Congratulations! We are so ready to know, but our appointment isn't until June 23! The waiting...

Thank you, I was Team Blue (DH was Team Pink lol) so I was very excited! DH is to of course but since this is very likely our last try he's a little sad but not overly so, he's still happy. We went to one of those places that does US for you. The place we went to only charges 80$ for a 30 min session (and you get a DVD of the entire session, up to 50 photos on a CD and around 10-15 print outs in 2D, 3D and 4D) and each session after that during the same pregnancy is only 60$ so for us, very much worth it to check in on baby between scans (we don't like do it every week or anything, we're probably only going to do it one more time at about 30-32 weeks to get the cute chubby cheek photos.)

I was wondering if it was private. Do they send that info to your OB or do you share it with your OB? Just curious. I think I've felt a little movement last night and tonight, but it might just be gas lol. I'm so ready to feel baby move for sure! I also learned today that a girl I teach with is 19 weeks. We'll be there together super pregnant in the Fall as long as all goes well.

No, they don't take measurements or anything. You can show them to the OB but they won't really do anything with them. I've been feeling the "popcorn" feeling and some rolling type movements for about a weekish now, but this is my second child (that's gotten this far) so I'm more used to knowing what it feels like so I just realized sooner. Its only on occasion, usually when laying in bed. It's a magical feeling :) Soon our babies will be kicking the bejeezus out of our kidneys, ribs and bladder haha

It's crazy to think about. I'm still in awe we've made it this far. 17 weeks on Friday! I bought a boppy pillow from a Facebook yardsale page today, and my grandmother left us her rocking chair. She told us she wanted is to have it over Thanksgiving and passed away a few months later. We just went to Pa thi weekend to visit family and picked it up. We also have the crib and changing table that was given to us by bro and sis-in-law years ago, but it's still in the shed. We're feeling optimistic, but we don't want to actually set up the room until we make it to the third trimester. It's just still so hard to believe this might actually finally be happening. Sorry for rambling.... :)

Oh! We also have a stash of cloth diapers, bottles, and milk freezer bags that were given to us by an old student's mother. We're accepting it all, but we just aren't ready to set up the room yet. We painted it last year, so we don't have to worry about that at least.

Update on the amnio today. The procedure itself went off without a hitch, but there were some issues they noted. I have very low amniotic fluid, I was measuring just barely over what they consider safe to preform the procedure. I have an appointment to discuss it with my OB next Monday. My placenta is also very large compared to normal, he said this wasn't an actual issue (unless previa became involved later) but it made the need hard to place due to sheer thickness of it combined with my low fluids and he's also measuring big, I'm 17+1 but he's measuring 18+0 which isn't an issue, just made it hard to find a decent pocket of fluid when combined with the other issues. His heart rate was also a bit low compared to normal, which makes me nervous, but it's still well within the normal range so I'm trying not to think to much into. I'm on a slightly longer rest period (48 hours instead of 24) just as a precaution due to the difficult needle placement. Results are in about 2 weeks which are going to drag by I'm sure.

Wow, that's a lot of information, and I know that's stressful for you. Good news that nothing is too far to be considered severe. Get some rest. Is there a reason for the enlarged placenta? How are you feeling?

Have you heard anything yet? We found out today we're having a girl!

Congrats hhmorhma!! Have you thought of any names yet? :D

I had an US on Monday to check my fluid levels, they had doubled with bedrest and TONS of fluid!!! Lyle is still doing perfect in there :)

I found out yesterday that 2 of the 3 tests they ran had come back. I got the results for:
Karyotype, where they count the chromosomes and look for types of trisomies, translocations, rings and a few other disorders that effect whole chromosomes either numerically or structurally. They even confirmed that he is definitely a boy complete with XY chromosomes lol
AFP, Neural Tube defects like spina bifida and anencephaly
Both have thankfully come back with an all clear. The only other test left, that takes an additional 5-10 days from now, is the Micro Array and this is the test that scares me the most to be honest. This test looks for mircrodeletions, microduplications, disomies, inversions, microtranslocations and other mutations and abnormalities that are much to small to be seen on a karyotype.
I am relieved that two of them have so far come back as perfect, and this takes a bit of weight off my heart but I don't feel like I can breathe yet, not until the Micro-Array comes in and tells me everything is ok. Or, on the opposite, that they've found something but that's a whole other reaction I don't even wanna think about right now. When the geneticist read me the results, I felt him give his first STRONG (like see from the outside) kick as if to say, "See, I'm fine" and I hope it stays that way. Just this one more "hurdle" and I can start REALLY enjoying the rest of my pregnancy.

Navy I'm so happy to see you are expecting :) I remember you from the April group, congrats! <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->