2016 Snowflakes!! (Nov/Dec Rainbows)

Finally got a call from Magnus' Dev Pedi. I mentioned a while back that we'd been having our son tested to see if he had an ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder) and we just got the call confirming that his Dr's, after looking over his files and notes, confirmed he is indeed on the spectrum. So we've got to go there on Monday for the "official" appt to discuss everything. The Dr was kind enough to let us pick up the paperwork today so that we could look over it and see if we had any questions to prepare before hand so we're picking that up this afternoon. He did say that he's only at Level 1 (very high functioning and what Dr's used to call Asperger's before the term was taken out of the DSM-5 in 2014 and replaced with the umbrella term ASD) I'm honestly relieved because I'm in fact very familiar with Asperger's because I was diagnosed a few years ago. His biggest delays are in verbal communication and social interaction, the two largest hallmarks for ASD but everything else is actually above average for his age so I'm relieved at that. I'm honestly not upset like people apparently expected me to be, I guess mainly cause I was diagnosed as an adult so I know that it's not some life "altering" diagnosis, I mean I lived my life normally for 20 years before being diagnosed and honestly all the diagnosis did was "Oh, so THATS why -insert odd mannerism/quality/difficulty here-" , Magnus can do the same he just needs some extra boosts in the speech department.

I'm glad you are taking it all in stride and relieved to have an answer. Is he in speech/ language therapy yet? Public schools are required to take over at the age of three.

I'm having a lazy day after a couple really busy ones. My dad is on his way to town to help DH install a new bathroom floor and do some electrical work in the living room. We only have one bathroom, so I have no idea what we're going to do not being able to use it for a two days...good thing we live in the county. Unfortunately, I was so busy that I ate out three times in two days, and my digestion is paying the price now. I've been eating produce all day and downing water to try to get things back on track. I even had some prune juice, but I broke down an baked a chocolate cake from scratch on Sunday, so I've been stealing bites here and there...not helpful...

He just turned 3 on the second so he is going to begin it at the start of the school year as per his IEP :)

Uh oh, I know that feeling of not being on track!! Never good! Chocolate cake does sound so good though LOL

The cake is delicious...I've been good and not eaten a slice every single day, but most days...My dad and DH took the toilet out of the bathroom all day yesterday to work, then they put it back for the night....now it's back out again. The project should be done today, and we decided to head to Lowes to by a new high-efficiency toilet and replace this old clunker while it's out. I'm so happy we're getting this all done before she is here, but the house is in shambles right now...I just keep telling myself, this is all worth it to have the updates done before the baby is here. Then we can focus on her.

Yes, always best to get that sort of stuff done before the arrival!!!

I spent the night in the ER last night with my gallbladder, I have a consult with the surgeon on Monday to see if we can hold off longer or if we need to go ahead with the surgery

My fingers are crossed for you. Were you in due to a lot of pain? How far along are you now? I hope he can stay in a for a while longer. Good luck

Yes, it began spasming and I called my OB after it caused a fainting spell and she wanted me to go in for evaluation as a precaution. So now I have a consult on Monday. I'm 23 weeks tomorrow, we are hoping to hod off on the surgery to take my gallbladder out but if the risk of leaving it in is to great we may have to resort to removing it before he is born. Not ideal but if the alternative is possible preterm labor or worse we'll do it

They gave me some long term antibiotics and some anti-spasmodic meds to help control it. If I can make it 12 more weeks (to 35 weeks) we should be ok cause at that point even though he might end up a preemie, its still very acceptable in terms of health (Magnus was a 35 weeker and went home in 48 hours, no NICU or special monitoring required) though if we can go above and beyond 35 weeks that's obviously preferrable overall

How are you feeling? We were out of town all week and just got home.

I'm feeling ok. Getting uncomfortable to lay down, get up, roll over, etc etc (my hips don't spread properly so it makes them hurt because of the weight)

How are you doing?

I'm so tired today. We have a guy over here replacing out entry way door (we decided to just bite the bullet and pay someone for this job because we're running out of time). I go back to school next week, and DH has been working late bc his company just bought another company and he's crazy busy. It is slowing down our home progress, but I know it will all get done before Baby is here...I'm just tired, but I think I said that already. lol

I totally get the tired feeling. We're enrolling Magnus in his IEP specialized Pre-K Sept 1st after we move and moving is the most tiring thing ever right now

Had our last growth scan before we move to FL on Friday!!

https://i.imgur.com/U1kiApll.jpg

Big feeties!
https://i.imgur.com/tPQkTC2l.jpg

He's doing perfect and weighs about 2lbs and is roughly 15 inches long! Heart, brain and belly all looking good still!

Great news! I love the profile picture. I had my glucose screening on Friday, so I'm waiting until Monday to hear how it went. Everything else is going well. Home renovations are still underway...but we are determined to finished be baby girl is here! I also put in my paperwork for my leave after she's born. I'm not going back to school for the rest of the school year, so I had to everything in order.

I've learned to sew! So made Lyle a bunting today for his nursery!

https://i.imgur.com/M5JKJ0a.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/jkp91eN.jpg

That's great! I'm at school with a few minutes to sit while my students take a reading assessment on computers...boring for me and them...so I can't see the pictures you loaded. I will check them out when I get home. I'm really tired after being a bum for the three day weekend. How is your move going?

Our move went good :)

I had an appointment yesterday. This clinic is extremely cautious with high risk cases and they told me that my surgery date (since he has been a for sure cesarean from day one) has been moved up from Wed Nov 16th to Monday Oct 31st at 37 weeks. They said that since I have a history of preemies and a history of serious toxemia they're gonna take him as soon as he's considered term, which is 37 weeks. So little man is coming NEXT month, holy crap....
I also have 4 appointments with my OB before the 22 of this month, so 4 appointments in 2 weeks, plus Magnus school schedule and Pedi and IEP meetings, DH's work schedule and just every day life. Thankfully they only big items we still need are a crib and carseat which thankfully we already have picked and are set on, we just need to click the order button LOL

WOW! Talk about busy. The bunting is adorable by the way. It's nice you know exactly when to expect him. We started our labor and delivery classes last weekend, so everything is getting really real. There is still that small feeling that it will never happen, and I have days when I worry, but overall I'm feeling positive. I spent two weeks doing absolutely no exercise, and my sciatic pain finally cleared up. It is still a dull pain, but not interfering with life at least. I'm so ready for our little girl to be here in our arms!

Had our second growth scan today. Lyle was in a very complicated position and was sucking on his knee!! They estimate his current weight at being about 3lbs 7oz

https://i.imgur.com/Dgj06Esm.jpg?1

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->