2016 Snowflakes!! (Nov/Dec Rainbows)

Hi ladies! Can I join? :) 6 weeks today, due November 8. I have my first ultrasound on Thursday.

hmmohrma - Those are great numbers. I wish they did level checks over here like they seems to in the U.S. With my MMC last year I got bloods after I was earlier than they thought and my hcg was almost 1400 at 4+4. Wonder what it is with this one.

Hey tcinks, I think I remember you from before. Congrats on your BFP!

AFM - I'm having such a tricky time not worrying about everything. I feel as though I just can get excited yet. Keep reminding myself that right now I am pregnant, and that I need to just take it one day at a time. Has anyone thought about when they are telling family?

Hi tcinks!! Welcome! Of course you can join! What team are hoping for? :) Good luck at your ultrasound!

I know that feeling Lyn, my first ultrasound is in 2 weeks and its driving me insane not knowing! We've already told my mother, DHs grandmother, my grandparents and his father, but thats it. We only told them because we feel they deserve to know and they are our support system if we lose another.

hmmohrma, have you been able to get some Progesterone?

Thanks!

Lyn, we told our family a few days ago, at 5+4. We thought about waiting, but honestly I just feel better with people knowing. Yes, I know it's still early and "anything can happen", but my previous losses were 2nd trimester, so I know anything can happen then, too. So I just want to enjoy every day of my pregnancy and I want others to share in that joy with me!

It's still scary though. I had some brown spotting and cramping last night and was so worried and thought "why did I tell everyone?!" Ugh. Everything is fine, though. :)

It's our plan to hold off as long as possible before we tell our families. They are an amazing support system but my sister is due at the end of next month and I don't want our news to over shadow her. I know everyone would just worry and I don't want it ruining the excitement of her first child. Its bad enough that she found out she was pregnant that i had my MMC the same weekend. When she did tell the family some five weeks later, it was tinged with sadness for what should have been for me. I really want her to have her moment. At her due date i should be about 10 weeks so its not that hard to wait a couple more after that until 12 weeks. I have everything crossed we can get that far. It's going to be a long eight weeks!

That's so nice of you! I could never wait that long to tell, and my mom always knows when I'm pregnant, anyway. (She texted me the first day we got a :bfp: and told me she had a dream that I was pregnant. She knew with my sisters, too. Crazy.) My sister and sister in law are both pregnant right now. I don't think there will ever be a time in the near future when someone isn't pregnant in the family. :rofl: I lost my first baby at 13 weeks, 1 week before my SIL had her first baby. I don't feel like my loss overshadowed her birth though (if anything I feel like it was the opposite). But anyway, I know where you're coming from, it can be a tricky situation. Glad you're handling it well. :hugs:

Thats so strong and amazing of you Lyn!! :hugs:

No one else is pregnant in my family right now (which is honestly surprising), when we lost Sophie in Sept, my cousin was due 2 weeks later and had her daughter, and that was harder on me really more than it really affecting anyone else. But as tcinks says, its tricky and all depends on each persons family :)

Hi ladies, can I join you? I'm due 3rd November and had a scan on Sunday showing a baby with a hb.

This is my and my OHs first baby together. We had a mc back at the end of December and my first baby was also stillborn at 36 weeks xx

I've had 3 boys and my OH has a 12 year old son too so a girl would be a very nice surprise but I am 100% genuinely happy with whatever we r given xx

Welcome Jox! So sorry for your losses :hugs:

So glad you've seen a HB!! So exciting!

I just feel like after she didn't get a big happy announcement that I don't want to take away from her big moment of having her little girl. To be fair, it all depends on symptoms. If I start being sick then I know they'll all catch on or I might not be able to hide it. I want to hold off for as long as possible! We won't be telling DH's family until then either because I don't want some people knowing more than others. Tricky when DH works with his dad but we'll just have to come up with an excuse!

Hello Jox. Congrats on your new BFP!

Thanks ladies X

Was a relief seeing baby and a hb on Sunday. When we went at the same time in December the sac was empty and it started 3 weeks of upset over X as then finally mc on nye/nyd. I know I'm not safe yet but feel better knowing there's a little one in there xx

hmmohrma - Those are great numbers. I wish they did level checks over here like they seems to in the U.S. With my MMC last year I got bloods after I was earlier than they thought and my hcg was almost 1400 at 4+4. Wonder what it is with this one.

Hey tcinks, I think I remember you from before. Congrats on your BFP!

AFM - I'm having such a tricky time not worrying about everything. I feel as though I just can get excited yet. Keep reminding myself that right now I am pregnant, and that I need to just take it one day at a time. Has anyone thought about when they are telling family?

I didn't have beta levels checked regularly until after out third loss. The first I had was actually the day after my MC started in October. He checked to verify that the numbers were lower than they should have been. This time we have been with an RE, and he has checked weekly for the first three weeks we knew. We go for our ultrasound next Wednesday, and I am not having anymore blood tests. I am just on the thyroid meds, baby aspirin, and progesterone for now.

Hi tcinks!! Welcome! Of course you can join! What team are hoping for? :) Good luck at your ultrasound!

I know that feeling Lyn, my first ultrasound is in 2 weeks and its driving me insane not knowing! We've already told my mother, DHs grandmother, my grandparents and his father, but thats it. We only told them because we feel they deserve to know and they are our support system if we lose another.

hmmohrma, have you been able to get some Progesterone?

I finally got it from a compounding pharmacist yesterday. I just feel better knowing I'm doing everything I can. I'm doing 100mg at night and 100 in the morning. We've also been telling family and close friends. They all know about our losses anyway, so we figured we should let them join in on the exciting part for now. We're also feeling a little better knowing our RE thinks he found the cause of our losses.

I'm you got some Hmmohrma!!

Is anyone doing CVS or Amnio or one of the blood tests (Panorama, MarterniT21, Informeseq, etc etc)?? We plan on either CVS or Amnio (do not know which yet) because our RE believes our losses were chromosomal related and one of our losses was confirmed by "red flags" and the most recent by genetic testing. We had Panorama with our last, Sophie, and it came back fine only to find out it only tests for the 6 most common problems where there are literally hundreds (even thousands) of disorders related to chromosomes and the one she had was extremely rare and not on the panel for anything except CVS or Amnio (She had Mosaic Trisomy 4)

I just talked to DH about it. He thinks we should do anything we can (minus amnio....I don't want to risk it) to be prepared. I'm a little more on the fence about. We'll keep our baby either way, so I feel like I would just worry more if I know something is not typical. However, DH pointed out we can worry about what we know or worry about the unknown, and that is very true.

CVS has more risk than Amnio, just letting you know :) If you're not at risk for the rarer chromosomal disorders, then normally the blood tests are sufficient. Of course we didn't even know we were at risk until recently.

We did some research last night. We are not comfortable with the risk, but the blood tests are not accurate. Everything we saw said they might show a positive, but that's not necessarily true and it can't tell severity, and if it shows negative there might actually be a defect that didn't show. This all makes me lean even more toward not testing.

Even though I've started progesterone, my symptoms have really lessoned in the last 2 days. My bbs are not sore anymore, but my nips are sore to the touch. Otherwise, I'm just hungry and tired. I know it is early and so common for us to worry about lack of symptoms, and I'm trying not to freak out. I also know the hunger I'm feeling is not normal, but jee whiz! I hate worrying and focusing on all these little details....I'm sooo hungry right now though :p How scattered was this post? lol

I'm terrified of losing symptoms. My cramps are quite few and far between although I'm sure it was like that before. Whenever I panic that the symptoms are disappearing I just have to adjust my bra and I know they haven't all gone. Plus I cant seem to make it through the day without a little nap. I'm only 4+3 so its normal not to have a lot of them. Still, these first few weeks are so scary.

Hi ladies, I hope I can join you?

I got my BFP this morning. We've been trying for baby no.2 since late last year and I had an early MC in November. I was totally shocked to see 2 lines on my test this morning as I've had a very uneventful TWW and was sure that AF was coming.

I'm due around 27th November.

I am ridiculously nervous (as I've had two previous losses) but I'm determined to stay hopeful and enjoy this pregnancy, no matter how long it lasts for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->