2017 Junebugs <3

I'm done. Over it. Want her to be here already. I hope I go early so I don't have to do this anymore. Just in so much pain from everything from my hips, pelvis, bladder, back, stomach. Ugh.

Had our birthing class today with one of the midwives from my practice and she reassured me a lot after the OB at the practice freaked me out about having to have a csection. I don't think I will go back to see him after that. He was saying at 28 weeks I would have to have one because baby girls head was too big. And then again at 32. I'm having another growth scan this week at 34 and then at 36 but I am much less concerned and I have decided I will try to labor naturally and if I need a csection then I will have one but I'm not doing an elective for the possibility that her heads too big.

So...yeah, that's where I'm at currently.

count me in as another one ready for june!:friends:

i can't really afford (work-load wise and financially wise) to take off a lot of "extra" time and would rather have more time post birth than use the limited amount beforehand, so i will likely work until i go into labor. or i'll be calling in to tell them "welp, i'm on the way to the hospital, won't be in today, kthanxbye!":haha:

i printed off my hospital bag list but haven't actually *done* any packing. i did buy some Earth Mama Angel Baby New Mama Butt Spray because that stuff was a lifesaver last time!

i am 34 weeks today and for the last week or two have been having some bad SPD (at least that's what i think that's what it is, according to dr. google.:haha:).

hope everyone had a relaxing weekend! i imagine we'll be getting some babies here soon though, right? as much as i am ready to NOT be pregnant anymore, i also know baby needs to cook as long as possible so for now...just keepin' on keepin' on.:bodyb:

Jumpingo what is the butt spray for? Someone told me to get lidocaine spray?

I am 33 weeks and am exhausted and super swollen. Don't fit into any shoes but my sneakers and even with those I have them untied and laces completely at maximum with. And before pregnancy my foot was narrow! When I wear socks I have a ring around my ankle from the sock. Wake up 3-4 times per night and often feel sick. I've gained much more weight than I should have so that's adding to the exhaustion.

I have started packing the hospital bag but it's def not done. Hoping to get it done by end of next week. Nursery is decorated but still a mess and disorganized. I haven't prepared any food yet. I think my exhaustion is excessive bc I don't even feel like I can cook. Just too tired. I was thinking of enrolling in a food service just for the short term since I seem to be too tired to cook. Has anyone ever tried that? I hope the food doesn't taste bad. I'll do some research soon and see if it's worth it.

I'm hardly walking much either. How much do you all walk per day?

I'm nervous about the delivery. This will be my first and I have a very low pain tolerance. I'm also anxious about getting the other essentials done. How many sleeping outfits should I have? Since it's summer I'm curious if those footed sleepers are good. Cause with a swaddle won't the baby be too warm? I have no idea! Then I keep hearing to get kimono style clothing bc babies dislike having clothing pulled over head. Is that true?

Also do I need to buy nursing specific clothes?

I am over it too, just want to have him now although I would like him to cook for a while longer as its best for him.

I have another growth scan at 3- weeks and mode of delivery will be decided based on that. If he looks small I will def go for vbac, if he looks really big then I will go repeat section as I don't want another shoulder dystocia delivery.

I feel like all I do is a whole.lot of complaining, poor OH &#128514;

I've had a pretty rough time. At 31 weeks I was taken into hospital, turns out I had acute appendicitis and had open surgery for it to be removed. But due to being so pregnant it was a very complicated operation and it was touch and go whether baby would be delivered there and then. He stayed put but I am left with a 7 inch incision across the side of my bump, which 3 weeks later is still not healing well so I am still restricted in being able to do absolutely anything. My vbac hopes are now out the window, and I'll be having discussions with my consultant this week about a plan of action for his arrival and when, but I'm pretty certain he won't be a June baby now! So all of this combined with the usual aches and pains and tightenings that come with this stage have made for a rather miserable mama! Can't wait for it to all be over and have my boy safely here.

Jumpingo what is the butt spray for? Someone told me to get lidocaine spray?

I am 33 weeks and am exhausted and super swollen. Don't fit into any shoes but my sneakers and even with those I have them untied and laces completely at maximum with. And before pregnancy my foot was narrow! When I wear socks I have a ring around my ankle from the sock. Wake up 3-4 times per night and often feel sick. I've gained much more weight than I should have so that's adding to the exhaustion.

I have started packing the hospital bag but it's def not done. Hoping to get it done by end of next week. Nursery is decorated but still a mess and disorganized. I haven't prepared any food yet. I think my exhaustion is excessive bc I don't even feel like I can cook. Just too tired. I was thinking of enrolling in a food service just for the short term since I seem to be too tired to cook. Has anyone ever tried that? I hope the food doesn't taste bad. I'll do some research soon and see if it's worth it.

I'm hardly walking much either. How much do you all walk per day?

I'm nervous about the delivery. This will be my first and I have a very low pain tolerance. I'm also anxious about getting the other essentials done. How many sleeping outfits should I have? Since it's summer I'm curious if those footed sleepers are good. Cause with a swaddle won't the baby be too warm? I have no idea! Then I keep hearing to get kimono style clothing bc babies dislike having clothing pulled over head. Is that true?

Also do I need to buy nursing specific clothes?
the bottom spray is less a "butt spray" and more of a perineal spray. it's basically a witch hazel and cucumber spray that helps cool and soothe the entire area.:blush: as far as i understand, lidocaide spray would be a similar product. i'm not a stickler for this kind of thing, but my guess is that Earth Mama Angel Baby's "selling point" would be that it's all natural?:shrug: this is just my personal experience/preference: the hospital will likely recommend a peri bottle (a little squirt bottle to use after peeing instead of having to wipe anything). i just dabbed with toilet paper (very gently!:haha:) and sprayed the bottom spray liberally. then i put a thin pad in my underwear and lined it with a couple round tucks pads, because i thought it felt good. that's my plan this time too. for what it's worth, i had a vaginal delivery and had what was recorded in my medical records as a "complicated tear" (aka lots of stitches.:-#) so i'm not sure how much that affected my recovery...:shrug:

my feet haven't gotten too swollen, but i definitely have the lines on my calves when i take my socks off too!:friends: the days i wear low socks, i notice more swelling in my ankles so i actually continue to wear mid calf height socks to help with the swelling.:thumbup: last time i flew on a 12 hour flight at 25 weeks pregnant and it was recommended that i wear compression socks...maybe some compression socks would help you?

i wouldn't worry too much about the nursery, you'll likely end up rearranging everything once baby is here and you realize you didn't put things where you actually need them anyway!:wacko: or, maybe that was just me??:rofl:

i am still working but it's mostly desk work. i don't track my steps, but it's probably lower than most people? i would say just listen to your body. if walking feels good and you have the energy (and are not in pain) go for it.:bodyb: if not, take it easy. your body is working double time right now!

my first baby was a winter baby, so i am totally clueless about clothing this time around. i have a bunch of footed sleepers, but i also wonder if a onesie in a baby wrap will be enough a lot of the time too? i have read and heard that whatever you are wearing PLUS one layer is a good measure for what to put on baby. i am WAY too lazy to deal with socks, though, so if it's cool enough, we'll probably go the footed pants/sleeper route again. the kimono style vs. onesie is again personal preference. i liked being able to just lay baby down on top of an open kimono style (or, button up footed sleeper, as the case was) and button/zip/snap it up without having to worry about a wobbly newborn head. see above: i'm lazy.:blush::haha:

I am over it too, just want to have him now although I would like him to cook for a while longer as its best for him.

I have another growth scan at 3- weeks and mode of delivery will be decided based on that. If he looks small I will def go for vbac, if he looks really big then I will go repeat section as I don't want another shoulder dystocia delivery.

I feel like all I do is a whole.lot of complaining, poor OH &#128514;
i have been watching the show One Born Every Minute and learned about shoulder dystocia...:shock: i hope you can go for a vbac if that's your preference, but otherwise wish for a healthy baby and a healthy you when it's all said and done.:hugs:

I've had a pretty rough time. At 31 weeks I was taken into hospital, turns out I had acute appendicitis and had open surgery for it to be removed. But due to being so pregnant it was a very complicated operation and it was touch and go whether baby would be delivered there and then. He stayed put but I am left with a 7 inch incision across the side of my bump, which 3 weeks later is still not healing well so I am still restricted in being able to do absolutely anything. My vbac hopes are now out the window, and I'll be having discussions with my consultant this week about a plan of action for his arrival and when, but I'm pretty certain he won't be a June baby now! So all of this combined with the usual aches and pains and tightenings that come with this stage have made for a rather miserable mama! Can't wait for it to all be over and have my boy safely here.
oh my gosh, that sounds so rough!! i can't imagine having a healing incision on top of all the pregnancy aches and pains. you are a rock star!:bodyb: i hope the consultation goes well and sending healing vibes for the next couple weeks to let your little man cook as long as possible!:hugs:

Babynewbie oh no! How awful for you. It must be really uncomfortable on an ever growing bump!! Sorry your vbac plans have gone out the window!!

Thank you jumpingo, it was an awful delivery, but she was really big at 9lbs3oz, I had no problem fitting my first daughter through my pelvis so I am hoping he doesn't grow too big so I can have him vaginally. If he looks huge then like you said, I will go for section as its safest for him.

I am 30 weeks now, twin girls :) They are growing well and I am not ready for them to come now. I want them to stay as long as they can.
If I take a slow day I am rather good, if I do lot, like stay in school trying to write my thesis I am having bad SPD and now I have also carpal tunnel that has been geting worse.. I am trying not to panic since it is affecting my ability to write the essay, I realy want to finish it this semsester so I am finished, so I wont have to do anything and take care of the twins and big part so I can get my student loans and not have any financial worries going into maternity leave.

But I also think to myself, dont worry to mutch, take time off when I need and if it will not be finished it wont.. Cause i dont neither want to be so bad after I finish it will affect me for the long run and reminder of the pregnancy, lots needs to be done so..

Jumpingo - thanks for your reply. I think I'll have DH get me some of that earth bottom spray should I feel I need it. Anything to make me more comfortable. I have had many people tell me to buy compression socks and I tried them and at first it was very helpful. I wore them for a few hours and then could fit in my shoes better. It my legs keep getting even more swollen and so the compression socks are leaving a painful ring below my knee from where the seam is. I'm wondering if my swelling and pain is normal. My legs hurt so much. It's like it feels like the skin is super tight and going to burst open. I also have this burning feeling when I first stand up after having been sitting down for a while.

I hope everyone is going well. I know this is a rough time as we near the end. Good luck to everyone.

I think swelling can be pretty normal as long as it's not accompanied by any other pre eclampsia symptoms. In my second pregnancy (no blood pressure issues) my legs were so filled with water retention, that if I shook them I felt like my leg was inside a Wellington boot full of water, it felt awful. The skin looked very puffy and felt like it was about to split open, but it never did.

Imy midwife said it works best if I get them on in the morning before I go out of bed. But it sounds bad and I would talk to someone to be sure. I swelled obernight alot and rang the hospital.. theu checked me out and all, had gained 2kg in few days. I got compressio socks, drank lot of water, ate melon and more water that helps get rid of water and in few days got better and also lost the 2 kg.

My legs started swelling on Friday too. Went to the nurse this morning though, and she checked my urine and blood pressure, and it was fine.

Important to check it though.

Mine have been swollen for weeks and weeks now. I literally have one pair of flip flops I can wear. My rings have been off since 31 weeks.

I was stupidly hoping to wake up to a Mother's Day early surprise today. Was having a lot of stomach pain and some lower back pain all night. Turned out to just be gas from having eaten cabbage last night. So ready...I know it's a bit early but baby girl is pretty big already, and I have to have a csection so I'm kind of freaking out and just want it earlier to get it over and done with.

My little June Bug will be here exactly a week today! So he'll actually be a May baby, just! :baby: I'm having an elective c-section due to the complications I had from my appendix operation.

Hope everyone is doing well. Can't believe these babies are going to start arriving soon!

Babynewbie snap!! May 31st. Although mine is an induction not a section, I usually don't take long to induce so will very likely have a may baby too. Can't wait!!

I've got my c-section booked for June 15th :) Three weeks to go!

I'm still harboring a tiny miniscule hope for a vbac because Lily finally flipped head down, so if labor starts naturally without my water breaking, I can hypothetically still try naturally :)

Although if my water breaks I have to rush straight to the hospital for an emergency c-section because of my polyhydramnios. But that's life. Hopefully it won't be necessary <3

I can not believe these babies are going to be arriving soon. Feels like yeaterday we were just getting these groups started. Pregnancy always feels so long yet so short at the same time.
I have no idea when this baby will come but i have a feeling it will come a little earlier than my due date (june 25th). I can not wait, not only am i ready to not be pregnant anymore but im eager to meet our baby and find out if we have a girl or a boy!
My nesting is very slow going these days. I dont have a room ready yet as we are in the process of transitioning my son into his new room so we can re-use the nursery.
Being so sore and tired is not helping AT ALL. Lol

from team yellow...po bear arrived may 27th!:blue::mrgreen:

my labor was just under 7 hours from the time contractions started until baby made his entrance. and i ended up not getting the epidural like i had planned.:shock: i was progressing well and didn't want to "mess with a good thing." my husband was seriously impressed that i did it without pain meds, which just re-confirms for me that women are the superior sex!:bodyb::rofl:

we came home just over 24 hours later and are now settling in to being a family of 4.:shock: our daughter ("baymax") has mixed feelings on the new addition, but she's doing as well as can be expected for an 18 month old, i guess?:shrug:

i hope everyone is surviving the last weeks okay. you're almost there!!!!:bodyb::bodyb::bodyb:

Congratulations jumpingo! I'm sure your LO will adjust to her new brother soon enough :)

Our baby boy arrived yesterday morning via csection as planned. He's amazing and hopefully we can take him home today! :baby:

congrats to you too! hope you can take him home soon:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->